Politics

Christmas Tree

Not unlike when Letwin was painted as some sort of heroic figure for not being a mental eurosceptic. And for tabling the cross-party indicative votes. Same bloke was meant to be the driving force behind and main author of the austerity manifesto 

Edited by Alex

Listening to the Today programme on the way into work.  They were walking about the Birmingham council situation.  It played a clip of Rayner having a go at rat faced Pob cunt Gove, who retorted saying all the councils in trouble are Labour led councils and its down to their poor leadership.

I am very uneducated about this.  But doesn't it all come from central government anyway?  I.e cuts come from them and basically in councils like Birmingham etc they just have to juggle whatever cash they have.  So really all this part politics wank in the commons is just that.  Wank.

Just now, strawb said:

Not sure about Councils but in social housing, we have targets to build loads more houses but then smaller budgets to do it with. Can’t have both.

Exactly.

Since the Tories have been in power, Leeds city council has had £3.5bn of cuts.  How can a city the size of Leeds supposed to deliver services with cuts like that?

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Listening to the Today programme on the way into work.  They were walking about the Birmingham council situation.  It played a clip of Rayner having a go at rat faced Pob cunt Gove, who retorted saying all the councils in trouble are Labour led councils and its down to their poor leadership.

I am very uneducated about this.  But doesn't it all come from central government anyway?  I.e cuts come from them and basically in councils like Birmingham etc they just have to juggle whatever cash they have.  So really all this part politics wank in the commons is just that.  Wank.

Here is a list of the top 5 distressed councils, defined by debt to income.

Worthing and Woking are both in huge trouble. They are tory run councils. Spelthorne and Runnymede are conservative majority, although they don't have overall control. Think Eastleigh is Lib Dem run. Birmingham's issues predate Labour taking the council. If Rayner didn't kill the cunt with these facts she's not doing her job. 

image.png.9187ecc1b7ff454db0d82ea38f778e3c.png

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Here is a list of the top 5 distressed councils, defined by debt to income.

Worthing and Woking are both in huge trouble. They are tory run councils. Spelthorne and Runnymede are conservative majority, although they don't have overall control. Think Eastleigh is Lib Dem run. Birmingham's issues predate Labour taking the council. If Rayner didn't kill the cunt with these facts she's not doing her job. 

image.png.9187ecc1b7ff454db0d82ea38f778e3c.png

I don't think she did, but another Labour MP did bring them up.

Was also listening to a political expert who predicted that dozens of councils will soon be facing bankruptcy. It's not a function of how well they are run, as has been alluded to, most the problems stem from central funding. Gove is responsible. 

Edit: also the tory government actively encouraged these councils to make risky investments, to act like private equity firms. Again, this is on them. The massive cunts. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

As usual, all to appease the headbangers in his own party. As he gets increasingly desperate, he increasingly fucks over the country time and time again, all to the cheers of a section of the electorate who will be dead before they face the full consequences of climate change.

image.thumb.png.ae19aa5d3b948663f88b2b90e9f94bc9.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

As usual, all to appease the headbangers in his own party. As he gets increasingly desperate, he increasingly fucks over the country time and time again, all to the cheers of a section of the electorate who will be dead before they face the full consequences of climate change.

image.thumb.png.ae19aa5d3b948663f88b2b90e9f94bc9.png

I think I know the answer to this as you're not a cunt and without being a cunt you're a little worrier.

But

As I am not a parent, does the thought of climate change and the impact on your children (as well as yourself) come into your thoughts?  I ask because whilst my BIL works for the EA, he has a marine biology degree.  He knows about the impact on the planet etc.  His actions basically say the opposite of what says and knows.  I have always scratched my head about it.  I try so much with wasting fuel, recycling etc.  Its something that concerns me.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

She pulling a carriage or is someone riding her?

Visiting a parade of shops because they're named after her great great great great grandad or something FFS.  Loads of coppers, loads of security.  Meanwhile people are struggling to feed their kids eh

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think I know the answer to this as you're not a cunt and without being a cunt you're a little worrier.

But

As I am not a parent, does the thought of climate change and the impact on your children (as well as yourself) come into your thoughts?  I ask because whilst my BIL works for the EA, he has a marine biology degree.  He knows about the impact on the planet etc.  His actions basically say the opposite of what says and knows.  I have always scratched my head about it.  I try so much with wasting fuel, recycling etc.  Its something that concerns me.

Like most parents I'm sure, nearly everything I do is to maximise their future the best I can, whilst still enjoying our/my own life in the present. Of course I worry about their future and encourage recycling etc. But at the same time, if I'm honest I just feel my personal actions are totem and have near zero impact. I don't believe the little people like us are empowered to change things, I think it has to come from government and moreso internationally. Which is why I despair. Being generous this might be your BiL's take?

One thing I fucking hate is the plastic content in toys. They're beyond that stage now, but I had several arguments with my wife about it in the past. All these stupid recycling actions and at the same time the little shits are getting disposable toys from McDonalds etc. Of the three Rs, recycling is the least productive (the others being reuse, and reduce).  Not their fault of course, conditioning and society. We are a selfish country. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Like most parents I'm sure, nearly everything I do is to maximise their future the best I can, whilst still enjoying our/my own life in the present. Of course I worry about their future and encourage recycling etc. But at the same time, if I'm honest I just feel my personal actions are totem and have near zero impact. I don't believe the little people like us are empowered to change things, I think it has to come from government and moreso internationally. Which is why I despair. Being generous this might be your BiL's take?

One thing I fucking hate is the plastic content in toys. They're beyond that stage now, but I had several arguments with my wife about it in the past. All these stupid recycling actions and at the same time the little shits are getting disposable toys from McDonalds etc. Of the three Rs, recycling is the least productive (the others being reuse, and reduce).  Not their fault of course, conditioning and society. We are a selfish country. 

I'm exactly the same as you.  We are all told to plant Bee loving plants to help out, whilst the at the same time the government bring back Neonicotinoids.  They do fuck all with the amount of river pollution etc.  Its fucking madness.

I do think some of my BIL actions are like that.  But stuff like car journeys to0 the shop that's a 15 minute walk there and back fucks me off.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

The Thick of It | GIFGlobe

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'm exactly the same as you.  We are all told to plant Bee loving plants to help out, whilst the at the same time the government bring back Neonicotinoids.  They do fuck all with the amount of river pollution etc.  Its fucking madness.

I do think some of my BIL actions are like that.  But stuff like car journeys to0 the shop that's a 15 minute walk there and back fucks me off.

Sounds like he is a lazy cunt tbh. 

• Haha 1