Politics

Christmas Tree

22 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Legionella on the Bibby Stockholm so everyone's been shifted off it. This fucking government are banana republic standard.

Whilst looking for Tory party connections to the owners of the Bibby Stockholm, I found this open letter, not only exposing the prison-like conditions the poor buggers living on it will be subject to, but also a totally unsurprising mention of the company’s foundation being in the slave trade, after slavery was abolished in the uk. 
https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/an-open-letter-to-bibby-marine/

Didn’t bother with the Tory link search after that, as it’s clear as fucking crystal. 

hitler-techno.gif

• Like 1

Not only are Bibby a pack of cunts, the other two main beneficiaries of this are the port owners, Langham Industries, who were major donators to UKIP, and Aussie company Corporate Travel Management, who will run the thing, when they’re not setting up empty offices around the world to give the impression they’re more of a global company they really are. 

https://corporatewatch.org/floating-prisons-the-200-year-old-family-business-behind-the-bibby-stockholm/

There’s a strong whiff of brown paper bags and general Toryishness about this. 

• Like 2

On 26/08/2023 at 19:14, Gemmill said:

:lol:

A genuine fucking lunatic. Good of her to stick the boot in on Sunak though.

If she’s resigned you can guarantee it’s because she’s got wind of there being enough of her constituents asking for her to be recalled to trigger a by-election. Because she hasn’t been seen since the toys came out the pram when her peerage was blocked. She’s a self-serving cunt 

• Like 2

The only thing left that this country has going for it is its countryside. Most towns and cities are rundown shitholes, but get out into the country and you can forget about that.

So we're stepping up the pollution of the countryside. Nice one.

The replies are full of centrists complaining that now isn't the time and leftwingers revelling in it.

I really am kind of curious to see what happens when it comes to voting. This feels like the longest run up to a general election that I've ever experienced, and I guess that's because we've need the government to be removed since the day after it was voted in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It’s a shame Corbyn was absolutely fucking useless as a leader, because he had some sound ideas. 
Who’s the next proper left leader-in-waiting, if there is one? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s a shame Corbyn was absolutely fucking useless as a leader, because he had some sound ideas. 
Who’s the next proper left leader-in-waiting, if there is one? 

That's it. I think starmer is trying to eradicate the left leaning people in the party.