Politics

Christmas Tree

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

By very definition, the only reason for any government to seek to leave the ECHR is because it must want to pass laws which might be in breach of ECHR standards. Doesn’t that prove the very point that we cannot trust our government always to respect human rights? 

In a nutshell. 

I wouldn’t trust the sly bastards currently in government to run a bath, never mind the country and it’s future. 

Armed revolt is coming, rise up, grab a malllet, we have numbers! :lol:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.gif.f2ef6c5e3a339c12d0256fbbf9e4147a.gif

This. We are so pathetic as a nation. We literally threw a hissy fit for not getting what we thought we wanted under Cameron, shit the bed, put our hands up our soiled butt crack and flung as much as we could at our friends (most landing in our face), and now are crawling on our hands and knees striking sectorised bespoke deals which are fucking shit compared with what we already had. 

And to achieve this we have wrecked our economy, thrown away our personal freedoms, our children's futures, and most of our well earned respect and soft power. And now, in typical English style, we wake up the next morning, do our best to shower off the shit, but bury our heads in the sand about what we did the previous night. It was always going to end like this. And nearly every fucker on this board minus the DFS manager knew it.

And here we are.. Those with senses and brains that work can see all this for what it is. You get one life, and most get one country. June 2016 was the half way point in my life and we have let the most malevolent cunts in British political history take away our futures for their own gain. As a result the second half of my life, and, more importantly, that of my children's, is worsened. 

Good news about Horizon. But the reason it's good news is because of catastrophic news in the first place. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

This. We are so pathetic as a nation. We literally threw a hissy fit for not getting what we thought we wanted under Cameron, shit the bed, put our hands up our soiled butt crack and flung as much as we could at our friends (most landing in our face), and now are crawling on our hands and knees striking sectorised bespoke deals which are fucking shit compared with what we already had. 

And to achieve this we have wrecked our economy, thrown away our personal freedoms, our children's futures, and most of our well earned respect and soft power. And now, in typical English style, we wake up the next morning, do our best to shower off the shit, but bury our heads in the sand about what we did the previous night. It was always going to end like this. And nearly every fucker on this board minus the DFS manager knew it.

And here we are.. Those with senses and brains that work can see all this for what it is. You get one life, and most get one country. June 2016 was the half way point in my life and we have let the most malevolent cunts in British political history take away our futures for their own gain. As a result the second half of my life, and, more importantly, that of my children's, is worsened. 

Good news about Horizon. But the reason it's good news is because of catastrophic news in the first place. 

nonsense. This is just more evidence of Britannia unchained 

• Haha 3

Chris the pincher Pincher has resigned. Only after the Standards Committee recommended an 8 week suspension. Which would have triggered a recall ballot in his constituency. Also only after his appeal against the sanction failed. That’s almost RTG levels of class 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 7

Here's a good one. Count how many times the BBC or other MSM will say "Labour led Birmingham council" in the news. The reason for Birmingham council's bankruptcy being the equal pay suit. And who was in charge of the council when that suit was made? Yep, the tories. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

On my way to work, this in the Metro (owned by Daily Mail). The gaslight ING is endless. 

Screenshot_20230908_090338_Photos.thumb.jpg.d9934f8f32dee8a3f15f410bc05f0a2f.jpg

Just a minor point of order. Haven’t Labour run the council since 2012?

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just a minor point of order. Haven’t Labour run the council since 2012?

The year the court found against the council regarding equal pay you mean? Which is the literal cause of the council going bankrupt? How is it labour's fault if the events that led to the successful court case took place when they weren't in power? But now it's okay for the metro to spin the narrative its because of a cycle lane? And I'll think you'll find the bankruptcy of Woking, conservative led, is much more scandalous yet hardly made the the third page. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

The year the court found against the council regarding equal pay you mean? Which is the literal cause of the council going bankrupt? How is it labour's fault if the events that led to the successful court case took place when they weren't in power? But now it's okay for the metro to spin the narrative its because of a cycle lane? And I'll think you'll find the bankruptcy of Woking, conservative led, is much more scandalous yet hardly made the the third page. 

There are many cases of long term Labour run councils also running afoul of equal pay lawsuits. South Lanarkshire was one.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There are many cases of long term Labour run councils also running afoul of equal pay lawsuits. South Lanarkshire was one.

Yes. And tory led administrations. Which ones get the "<insert party-name> -led council" treatment? I'm just highlighting the clear (to me) gas lighting by the MSM on this issue. This is even before considering the root cause of all these councils failing is having their central budgets cut by 50% during the tory austerity years. Never a topic for the BBC and the like though is it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yes. And tory led administrations. Which ones get the "<insert party-name> -led council" treatment? I'm just highlighting the clear (to me) gas lighting by the MSM on this issue. 

I don’t think there’s ever been overall Tory control in Birmingham.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t think there’s ever been overall Tory control in Birmingham.

Sigh. Okay, maybe not, my mistake. But Labour weren't in control either when the equality claims were taken to court. And here the Metro newspaper is implying that its "wasteful" Labour's fault for building a cycle path in this article. Howay man, the agenda here by the paper is obvious, get a wedge issue (cycle lanes are quite wedgy), blame Labour, and extrapolate this to the party as a whole. Sunak will use this in the next PMQ or press conference. Drip drip drip. Meanwhile lets not mention tory run Woking which has more than twice the debt of Birmingham (an estimated incredible 2.5 BILLION £) with a 10th the population, and the blame lies fully with dodgy investments. Nothing to see. 

I mean I know the tories are too far gone for any of this to work now but it shows what an uphill struggle a non-tory party has in this so-called democracy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s rather sinister that The Metro newspaper has the virtual monopoly on not just free newspapers but all newspapers read by commuters. I assume Nexus get next to nothing for letting them distribute it at loads of their stations 

• Like 1