Politics

Christmas Tree

I think now, it's just 'vote Tory'.

I don't know where this idea that Labour is suddenly going to be viable again post-Corbyn comes from, but I can't say that I subscribe to it. They've been a shambles on all sides for fucking ages now. Even I think they look less competent than the Tories, and I think the Tories are utter muppets.

I think now, it's just 'vote Tory'.

I don't know where this idea that Labour is suddenly going to be viable again post-Corbyn comes from, but I can't say that I subscribe to it. They've been a shambles on all sides for fucking ages now. Even I think they look less competent than the Tories, and I think the Tories are utter muppets.

They may not win the next election, but the sooner they have a leader who leads, policies rather than protests, then the sooner they'll stop conceding votes to Tories and UKIP.

Btw, not a headline you see everyday :lol:

ac7f97c94e21e1640ec68ba0c6ab8bd4.png

The press in this country man. I saw some of that Smith thing this morning, and the way they zeroed in on that and kept asking if he felt it was appropriate language.

I mean what the fuck? That's your question. It's not like he said he was gonna smash her back doors in.

:lol: That's actually pretty bizarre.

On the electability thing - they've disenfranchised huge swathes of their membership though. If they move to the centre with the Tories then great, maybe more people vote for them again - probably not many of their 500,000 membership though - and while that isn't an election winning number it's also not that small. I also expect they'll lose more working class to UKIP though. It's not like the working class are after centralist policies to protect the middle income earners, which is effectively what the centreground used to be under Labour (it's now high income earners under the Tories).

Honestly, I think they're imploding - it's going to be a slow motion car crash, but the death knell was actually the balls up in Scotland. The source was not combating Tory nonsense about austerity. And the more I think about that, the more convinced I am that this is actually Ed Miliband's fault. Corbyn is in power because Miliband utterly failed to challenge austerity and sidled up to the Tories on the issue, and because he changed the voting rules for membership elections.

Either way though, had it not been Miliband it would have been someone else. New Labour failed.

Smith's policies look pretty much copied from Corbyn's which sounds okay if it's then all about smashing things but the question is whether he actually believes in them and would stick to them.

Edited by NJS

:lol: That's actually pretty bizarre.

On the electability thing - they've disenfranchised huge swathes of their membership though. If they move to the centre with the Tories then great, maybe more people vote for them again - probably not many of their 500,000 membership though - and while that isn't an election winning number it's also not that small. I also expect they'll lose more working class to UKIP though. It's not like the working class are after centralist policies to protect the middle income earners, which is effectively what the centreground used to be under Labour (it's now high income earners under the Tories).

Honestly, I think they're imploding - it's going to be a slow motion car crash, but the death knell was actually the balls up in Scotland. The source was not combating Tory nonsense about austerity. And the more I think about that, the more convinced I am that this is actually Ed Miliband's fault. Corbyn is in power because Miliband utterly failed to challenge austerity and sidled up to the Tories on the issue, and because he changed the voting rules for membership elections.

Either way though, had it not been Miliband it would have been someone else. New Labour failed.

I think to many jump to the conclusion "new labour" failed. Had it not been for Iraq and the crash then they probably would have kept on.

[emoji38] That's actually pretty bizarre.

The problem in Scotland as I saw it was joining wholeheartedly with the tories against independence.

Totally cynical, can't see it working, but it might. I find myself wondering if he'd be a better option, even while fully aware he's pandering to the left so that he can run for the middle ground once in.

I'm not in the labor party though, those that joined solely to vote Corbyn won't switch well they? No matter how much he panders. Why vote for Corbyn lite if Corbun is there and won't pivot after the result.

I think to many jump to the conclusion "new labour" failed. Had it not been for Iraq and the crash then they probably would have kept on.

Hold the phone, you used to always argue Labour's reckless spending caused the crash, didn't you?

While the last two elections have been around austerity, the next one will be based on positivity. The sound economic plan is on the back burner and and is a tired message after 10 years.

Time to take advantage of cheap money and promise the world.

Totally cynical, can't see it working, but it might. I find myself wondering if he'd be a better option, even while fully aware he's pandering to the left so that he can run for the middle ground once in.

I'm not in the labor party though, those that joined solely to vote Corbyn won't switch well they? No matter how much he panders. Why vote for Corbyn lite if Corbun is there and won't pivot after the result.

It's called power.

Better to sneak a few left policies in from the middle ground than none from opposition.

Hold the phone, you used to always argue Labour's reckless spending caused the crash, didn't you?

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no

now he's favour in investment, because the new party leaders told him now is the time.

not exactly an admission of austerity's failure - just put the sound economic plan on the backburner, whatever that means.

now he's favour in investment, because the new party leaders told him now is the time.

not exactly an admission of austerity's failure - just put the sound economic plan on the backburner, whatever that means.

Jeez some people!

You wanted an end to austerity, an end to Cameron and Osborne and more borrowing.

Us brexiteers have delivered :)

It's all worn out now. It's effectiveness is irrelevant. We want fresh ideas for the masses