Politics

Christmas Tree

As much as I really want to dislike that guy, what is it exactly that he's done wrong by saying that? Hasn't Snow been in the news for saying 'Fuck the Tories' or something?

Snow didn't deny or confirm, which means he did say it, the ledge.

here's a tweet you might enjoy, Rayvin. It sparked some funny follow up chat which is worth reading too 

You've got me confused with Parky - he's the one who thinks there's a conspiracy. I just think you're all navel gazers trapped in your respective bubbles and entirely resistant to changes in narratives that you yourselves don't set ;)

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You've got me confused with Parky - he's the one who thinks there's a conspiracy. I just think you're all navel gazers trapped in your respective bubbles and entirely resistant to changes in narratives that you yourselves don't set ;)

Don't tell me what I think fuckhead! :D

8 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Don't tell me what I think fuckhead! :D

:lol: So it's not a conspiracy? In which case, Gloom, no one on here thinks the MSM are a conspiratorial group.

all it takes is a handful of tory rebels to tip over the DUP backstop. 

i can see a mutual back scratching arrangement with the lib dems to try to ensure certain bits of legislation are passed. i hope the lib dems do the honourable thing and tell them to get fucked. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

56 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

For what? I thought they had their arrangement in place?

Like Gloom says, it suggests they don't feel they can rely on their own MPs to get stuff through Parliament.

47 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

all it takes is a handful of tory rebels to top over the DUP backstop. 

i can see a mutual back scratching arrangement with the lib dems to try to ensure certain bits of legislation are passed. i hope the lib dems do the honourable thing and tell them to get fucked. 

Can't believe they'd go for it again after the last time.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Like Gloom says, it suggests they don't feel they can rely on their own MPs to get stuff through Parliament.

A lot of them never turn up do they. :lol:

That's potentially a good thing though, isn't it? If they're turning to the Lib Dems, it must be to try and cancel out the hardline Brexiters. If that's the case, then actually, I'd support the Lib Dems being involved in some form. If only to give us a softer Brexit.

Hard to see how the Dems could support anything that isn't the Tories turning around and saying they're going to cancel article 50 though, given what they campaigned on.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

That's potentially a good thing though, isn't it? If they're turning to the Lib Dems, it must be to try and cancel out the hardline Brexiters. If that's the case, then actually, I'd support the Lib Dems being involved in some form. If only to give us a softer Brexit.

Hard to see how the Dems could support anything that isn't the Tories turning around and saying they're going to cancel article 50 though, given what they campaigned on.

You change sides by the day innit. Long gone your MSM rants. :D

I'm not changing sides at all :lol: 

What side have I changed from and to here? I'm just speculating that from a strategic point of view, such a move may be favourable. I've always been pro EU...

As for the MSM ranting, there's a time and a place really. And I think there's been a shift in the discourse anyway - we need to give it some time to develop.

I'm not changing sides at all :lol: 

What side have I changed from and to here? I'm just speculating that from a strategic point of view, such a move may be favourable. I've always been pro EU...

As for the MSM ranting, there's a time and a place really. And I think there's been a shift in the discourse anyway - we need to give it some time to develop.

Thinking the Lib Dems will have a moderating effect is deluded straw clutching beyond all acceptable parameters. Anything that allows this Govt to function is problematic. We want another election asap.

9 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Thinking the Lib Dems will have a moderating effect is deluded straw clutching beyond all acceptable parameters. Anything that allows this Govt to function is problematic. We want another election asap.

The Tories are going to struggle on regardless man. They always fucking do. There is no chance in hell they're going to allow Corbyn a solid chance at winning.

The Tories are going to struggle on regardless man. They always fucking do. There is no chance in hell they're going to allow Corbyn a solid chance at winning.

The Tories are getting taken down by forces much more powerful than than them. You know as well as I do they are in rampant chaos. U-Turns, Brexit back peddling, Leadership in hiding and so on....Events will continue to unfold this summer.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

i think that's what they want to happen - for may to struggle on for a couple of years and take the fall for brexit. whether that's possible is another matter. i can't see this flimsy deal with the DUP being enough to allow them to govern for long, let alone survive the negotiations when the party is so divided.