Politics

Christmas Tree

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He needs the abortion stance to put over the whole package though. He has to be full Catholic in order to seem genuine. Without it he'd just be picking and choosing his views.

It could be cowardly as Gloom says, or he could be committed to it. Who knows. What is clear is that he isn't fit to be PM.

They should have asked him whether he believes it should be legal to get a divorce.

And fuck young boys.

So Rees Mogg's loyalty lies with the Vatican in EUROPE? Traitor.

I've previously defended politicians for the difficult job they do, well labour, liberal, and wet Tory ones anyway. But never could I have imagined we would end up with such a vile lot of self serving cunts we have today. Literally willing to throw the country off a cliff edge for their personal interests. Not one of them is fit to stand now imo.

But what's even more depressing is the knowledge that such a sizable proportion of the electorate are such pig ignorant xenophobic twats. I'm genuinely ashamed at what this country has become and where it is heading. [\rant]

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

that would lie with the church, not parliament. he supports the teaching of the catholic church 

It wasn't what he believes, it's the fact he stated he considered God's laws above man's. We're into the same territory as when Blair appointed Ruth Kelly as women's minister when she was a full on Catholic as well. 

It's a fundamental disrespect for democracy. 

On 09/09/2017 at 1:55 PM, Renton said:

Sorry, missed this.

To be absolutely honest, Monbiot is the source of my disdain for Neoliberalism, so his content on that will look familiar. What I do find interesting is that he has arrived at the same conclusion as I have on narratives. That we are where we are because the prevailing one is flawed but unchallenged, and that a new one is required to make any headway, as irrational as the need for one ultimately is.

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

That cunt Rees-Mogg/CT has said food banks are uplifting as they show charity works and their use has only increased because more people know about them. 

CT has said this many a time. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

CT has said this many a time. 

I have and it's pretty common knowledge that under Labour it was considered bad PR for job centre claimants to be referred to the available food banks. The coalition changed this in 2010.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/was-food-poverty-actually-higher-under-the-last-labour-government/

Toby Young? Away and fuck yourself CT man :lol:

There's now two food banks where I live in  Poole . One of the wealthiest boroughs in Britain.  Of course that proves nothing but neither does the smug propaganda the likes of Young turns out to reinforce the prejudices of the ignorant.