Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

NHS teetering on the brink and May is out having cups of tea with First Time Buyers and tweeting about the success of stamp duty cuts. I hope her face continues to melt off her skull in 2018.

Aye, thought that was a bit odd as well. That said I was in Shields A&E yesterday and the place was rammed with very healthy looking people. Nurses and Doctors extremely pissed off with the types of complaints people were turning up with. 7 hours to see a doc, 15 hours for a bed.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Aye, thought that was a bit odd as well. That said I was in Shields A&E yesterday and the place was rammed with very healthy looking people. Nurses and Doctors extremely pissed off with the types of complaints people were turning up with. 7 hours to see a doc, 15 hours for a bed.

That's definitely an issue but some of the stuff on twitter from doctors saying that their A&E department is third world standard with people being examined behind makeshift partitions in corridors. It's mental that she's talking about stamp duty.

Hope you weren't there for anything serious btw. Knowing you you probably had a can of lynx stuck up your back passage. :lol:

It’s an absolute basket case the NHS, people opinions about it and the politicising of it.

Based on a tiny little island and something like the third biggest employer in the world after the US dept of defence and the Chinese army.

Not surprising it comes a bit unstuck at times. Don’t think it’s simply just more money though.

Lynx ffs :lol: 

Also is the nhs really the third biggest employer in the world since the internal market split it into several hundred trusts, CCGs, and various other bodies? Hardly.

There's nothing wrong with the nhs model other than lack of resources. It was consistently rated as one of the best health systems in the world under Labour. Gone to shit under Hunt. As predicted.

I can recall Chez making a reasonable argument in favour of privatisation actually. I can't remember much about it now, but I think it hung on the notion that it would still be universally accessible, but just cheaper.

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

It was consistently rated as one of the best health systems in the world under Labour. Gone to shit under Hunt. As predicted.

It was rated the best health service in 2017 :)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/14/nhs-holds-on-to-top-spot-in-healthcare-survey

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I can recall Chez making a reasonable argument in favour of privatisation actually. I can't remember much about it now, but I think it hung on the notion that it would still be universally accessible, but just cheaper.

Now there was a poster who could debate well with most intelligent contributions. 

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Interesting. So if this is true, why do you think it's organisational system is broken? Especially since the report also states this:

Its ranking is even more notable because the thinktank found the UK to put the fourth smallest amount of GDP into healthcare among the 11 countries. 

Strongly suggests the design is fine but issues are due to funding, doesn't it, tubs?

Fwiw my fears are what will happen post Brexit. I posted a report on it by the Lancet a couple of months back. 

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Now there was a poster who could debate well with most intelligent contributions. 

Well, he was a highly paid health economist. Never stopped you knowing better, of course. :D

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Both are true baldy.

Both can’t be true in the context you mean. To put it in language you might comprehend, it’s a bit like being obese whilst simultaneously whinging about people clogging up the NHS

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

Tories have tweeted a congratulations to Chris Grayling on becoming the new party chairman and then quickly deleted it. Apparently there's "internal pushback". 

A strong and stable start to 2018 from this caricature government. :lol:

Just now, Gemmill said:

Tories have tweeted a congratulations to Chris Grayling on becoming the new party chairman and then quickly deleted it. Apparently there's "internal pushback". 

A strong and stable start to 2018 from this caricature government. :lol:

If it was a one-off it would be pretty incompetent but in light of everything else :lol: What an utter shambles they are.