Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

They certainly don't help themselves by sitting on stories for years and releasing them at 'opportune moments' as with the mural nonsense

I was tempted to mention this actually, given that Berger seems to be a driving force behind this. If she cared so much about the issue, why has she waited until now to kick this off? Probably because she cares more about getting rid of Corbyn than she does about anti-semitism. Or am I just being too cynical again?

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is there any evidence that she was aware of the mural problem long before she raised it?

It was publicly discussed back in 2015?

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

let;s turn attention back to the tories for a moment: rudd has got to walk hasn't she? she's had an absolute shocker tbf

I don't even know what they're supposed to have done in the past two weeks.

well, rudd is being accused of holding back information on the number of people who have been detained or deported. 

may got the ball rolling on this, and documents were destroyed under her watch, but it's rudd's department now and the buck stops with her

Edited by Dr Gloom

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

let;s turn attention back to the tories for a moment: rudd has got to walk hasn't she? she's had an absolute shocker tbf

I would say Rudd or May. I’ll decide when I know more.

Absolutely heartbreaking some of the stories.

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I guess publicly discussed is pushing it - it was raised in 2015 but the media didn't care at that point I suppose - plenty of other ways to take him down I guess:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/did-jeremy-corbyn-back-artist-whose-mural-was-condemned-as-antisemitic-1.62106

It's very surprising that it didn't make a bigger splash at the time.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It's very surprising that it didn't make a bigger splash at the time.

No it isn't. They thought they could take him out with other means so no one cared. Now it seems to be the only option left so it's a big deal.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mrs May was home sec when the home office destroyed the landing cards of West Indian immigrants in 2010, leaving them with no proof of legal citizenship. Which is the problem now. The opposition should be making hay on this. May said she wanted to create "a hostile environment" on immigration and the civil servants just did as they were told. Also at the same time May signed this off.. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4540822/Rebels-went-Libya-MI5-blessing-amid-Abedi-probe.html

She should be toast. She should've been toast last year. I expect some of you want to suggest the same reason why she's not :D

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

No it isn't. They thought they could take him out with other means so no one cared. Now it seems to be the only option left so it's a big deal.

I don't think they were holding it in their pocket. It isn't like they came out with this at a time of perceived weakness.

Just now, ewerk said:

I don't think they were holding it in their pocket. It isn't like they came out with this at a time of perceived weakness.

I figured it was ahead of the local elections but now I'm starting to think Berger might just be a useful idiot for the Tories.

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn to PM: As you were Home Secretary in 2010, did you take the decision to destroy the landing cards.

May: No, the decision was taken under Labour in 2009.

Fairly irrelevant when she went ahead and did it any way? "Hostile enviromemt"..."Go home you spongeing cunts" on in the side of trucks etc etc..

39 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Still, Corbyn should have been sure of the answer before asking the question.

Exactly, should have been a bloodbath for the government and it totally took the wind out of his attack.

So much so that its highly reduced the chances of heads rolling. All depends now on whether or not actual deportations come to light and if so, who pulled the trigger.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Exactly, should have been a bloodbath for the government and it totally took the wind out of his attack.

So much so that its highly reduced the chances of heads rolling. All depends now on whether or not actual deportations come to light and if so, who pulled the trigger.

There was absolutely no chance of anyone resigning over this. Zero. The Tories don't fucking care and are shored up by Brexit supporting, anti-immigrant voters.

No fucking chance at all.