Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Speaking to a friend last night who was at uni the same year as Rees Mogg. She said even 30 years ago people hated him then. 

big.jpg

I’d call him a jug-eared cunt, but that would be disrespectful …

… to cunts. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

First gov in history to be found in contempt of parliament. Strong and stable

Yeah but that was Labour’s fault 

On 28/11/2018 at 12:09, Dr Gloom said:

Well, insofar as he poured a bottle of water in the kids face while forcing him down by the neck and saying “I’m going to drown you”.

The Syrian kid apparently already had his arm broken in a prior hate attack at school. apparently the bully, who has already been identified on Facebook, and by police, comes from a racist family. This shit has always gone on but it’s still shocking to see. The political discourse since the referendum campaign is only likely to further embolden these fuckwits in the future, just as Trump has done in the US with the resurgence of the kkk, attacks on synagogues etc.

What a time to be alive. 

Have just read that the kid is in court for assault, it's no longer considered racially aggravated. Also makes the claim that they had been on good terms until a previous altercation earlier that day.

Now that's the bully saying this, but the courts are indeed not looking at it from a racial viewpoint anymore.

This doesn't sit well with me now. Take the racial thing out of it and it's actually not that bad. I saw far worse at school. Did the media have any proof that this was racially aggravated or have they just blown this out of all proportion? You mentioned he came from a racist family.. how was this verified? And even if true, is there any evidence that this kid has acted in a racially hateful way in the past?

The kid is still a bully either way, but I've seen far fucking worse than that if it's just two boys having issues with each other.

The Tories have been funding political smear campaigns against Corbyn and Labour, from the public purse, for two years. To the tune of £2.5m.

This is against the rules of course, and utterly shameful - but fuck all will happen and CT will assure us that this is somehow Corbyn's fault anyway.

https://labour.org.uk/press/emily-thornberry-responds-reported-government-funded-attacks-labour-party/

On 06/12/2018 at 23:43, Rayvin said:

Have just read that the kid is in court for assault, it's no longer considered racially aggravated. Also makes the claim that they had been on good terms until a previous altercation earlier that day.

Now that's the bully saying this, but the courts are indeed not looking at it from a racial viewpoint anymore.

This doesn't sit well with me now. Take the racial thing out of it and it's actually not that bad. I saw far worse at school. Did the media have any proof that this was racially aggravated or have they just blown this out of all proportion? You mentioned he came from a racist family.. how was this verified? And even if true, is there any evidence that this kid has acted in a racially hateful way in the past?

The kid is still a bully either way, but I've seen far fucking worse than that if it's just two boys having issues with each other.

it's all over the kid's parents' facebook pages - they're tommy robinson/edf types. the bully apparently told the sun it wasn't racially motivated and innocent until proven guilty and all that, but i wonder why attack the syrian refugee who barely speaks english, and who has already had his arm broken by other bullies. an altercation earlier int he day apparently. the kid in question is half his size. 

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The Tories have been funding political smear campaigns against Corbyn and Labour, from the public purse, for two years. To the tune of £2.5m.

This is against the rules of course, and utterly shameful - but fuck all will happen and CT will assure us that this is somehow Corbyn's fault anyway.

https://labour.org.uk/press/emily-thornberry-responds-reported-government-funded-attacks-labour-party/

I don’t think this is quite what you think. According to Carole codwhallop, they have retweeted a few anti labour and anti Tory stories.

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I don’t think this is quite what you think. According to Carole codwhallop, they have retweeted a few anti labour and anti Tory stories.

I love that you've tried to do a funny with her name and still got it wrong. :lol: Pure CT.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's all over the kid's parents' facebook pages - they're tommy robinson/edf types. the bully apparently told the sun it wasn't racially motivated and innocent until proven guilty and all that, but i wonder why attack the syrian refugee who barely speaks english, and who has already had his arm broken by other bullies. an altercation earlier int he day apparently. the kid in question is half his size. 

Aye, i saw the video and agree that it's a pathetic instance of bullying, but the fact remains that he hasn't actually said anything racist in that video which is actually a tad surprising. Nor does he mention waterboarding which i would have taken as a dog whistle for racism. 

It's not for the press to make these judgements. And his parents may well be racist arseholes but that's very much a 'sins of the father' style of line.

As it is, they've now been driven out of their home as a result of death threats and vigilante justice. Honestly think the press have made this far worse than it really is. When i was at school i saw one kid throttle another with barbed wire ffs. Didn't even make local news as far as i know, although the kid was expelled.

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Maybe it should have done.

Yeah I'm not saying that was a proud moment for the school tbh but i think that sort of level of violence is quite standard. This story became blown out of all proportion because of the racist angle which I was fine with up until it became clear that there was no obvious racist intent. Now it looks like the media did it for kicks.