That pointless New Years resolution thing...

Park Life

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop having crafty fags when out drinking

Me and the girlfriend are going to have a Sponsored Dry January and give all we raise to MacMillan. Her mam passed away 5 years ago yesterday and my Godfather is struggling with it currently and MacMillan have been fantastic.

I also want to have a crack at learning Makaton

This is madness.

Fish, are you giving up midnight on the 31st? And do you really think a dry month is worthy of sponsorship?

HF, you've given up BEFORE Christmas. What. The. Fuck.

Gloom. You're becoming a vegan for a month? Fuck off, just why?

This is madness.

Fish, are you giving up midnight on the 31st? And do you really think a dry month is worthy of sponsorship?

:lol: Are you giving up being an argumentative cunt for January? :razz:

This is madness.

Pretty much this :lol:

This is madness.

I'm working New Years night, so it's not great loss in that regard.

This is the same issue I have with people bitching about Movember. "Is not shaving really worth sponsoring?". Probably not, but does Testicular Cancer Awareness or the MacMillan trust really give a toss about how that £100 was raised? "Send that cheque back, the feckless cunt only sat in a baked bean bath for 20 minutes, we don't want his ten grand!"

Do you think the person raising money must suffer, to be worthy of your pennies?

It's not the action (or inaction) it's the cause that's worthy. :dunno:

I'm working New Years night, so it's not great loss in that regard.

This is the same issue I have with people bitching about Movember. "Is not shaving really worth sponsoring?". Probably not, but does Testicular Cancer Awareness or the MacMillan trust really give a toss about how that £100 was raised? "Send that cheque back, the feckless cunt only sat in a baked bean bath for 20 minutes, we don't want his ten grand!"

Do you think the person raising money must suffer, to be worthy of your pennies?

It's not the action (or inaction) it's the cause that's worthy. :dunno:

Have a drink you whiny bint.

;)

This is madness.

To see if I can do it, and to see whether it makes me feel healthier. And because I despise industrial farming.

My cousin turned vegan and says she's never felt better. She's 39 and she looks 20 something. And she made a pretty convincing argument for trying it out. Human beings are omnivores, not carnivores. We're like pigs, in that sense.

Why do we eat? To get minerals the body needs from the earth. Why not get them straight from the earth instead of via a slaughtered animal?

It won't be easy, but I'm keen to see if I can do it, and how I feel. Eating out will be the hardest bit so January is the best month to try it in that sense as it tends to be quiet, socially speaking.

To see if I can do it, and to see whether it makes me feel healthier. And because I despise industrial farming.

My cousin turned vegan and says she's never felt better. She's 39 and she looks 20 something. And she made a pretty convincing argument for trying it out. Human beings are omnivores, not carnivores. We're like pigs, in that sense.

Why do we eat? To get minerals the body needs from the earth. Why not get them straight from the earth instead of via a slaughtered animal?

It won't be easy, but I'm keen to see if I can do it, and how I feel. Eating out will be the hardest bit so January is the best month to try it in that sense as it tends to be quiet, socially speaking.

Because we're omnivores, not herbivores.

Also, Bacon.

Have a drink you whiny bint.

;)

Not a bad idea that :drinks:

You'll be amazed on what you have to abstain from. Wine and beer, for instance. And eating out just about anywhere. FUCK. THAT.

I'll be having January off the drink & using it as a catalyst to do a bit more running. Then after January just drinking less in general.

I used to run every saturday morning and that was the start of my weekend but after getting injured had a few Friday nights out instead & obviously that makes the thought of running early on a Saturday morning...difficult.

I'll be having January off the drink & using it as a catalyst to do a bit more running. Then after January just drinking less in general.

I used to run every saturday morning and that was the start of my weekend but after getting injured had a few Friday nights out instead & obviously that makes the thought of running early on a Saturday morning...difficult.

:quotes: injured :quotes:

See the drinking thread.

Nipper is 5 month now and i haven't been enjoying any time I've woke up with a stinking hangover and been handed him to entertain. I'd rather be sober and enjoy that time than spend £100+ on a night I don't remember surrounded by kids I have nowt but contempt for.... AND be miserable the next day.

First test of my resolve is a birthday do on Monday night.

...might refine my approach to avoiding binge drinking and still enjoy a couple of pints if I have to be out.

See the drinking thread.

Nipper is 5 month now and i haven't been enjoying any time I've woke up with a stinking hangover and been handed him to entertain. I'd rather be sober and enjoy that time than spend £100+ on a night I don't remember surrounded by kids I have nowt but contempt for.... AND be miserable the next day.

First test of my resolve is a birthday do on Monday night.

...might refine my approach to avoiding binge drinking and still enjoy a couple of pints if I have to be out.

the early days are like that. binging tends to resume after they turn one because your chance to get out are more limited, you tend to get one on when you can.

You'll be amazed on what you have to abstain from. Wine and beer, for instance. And eating out just about anywhere. FUCK. THAT.

yup, agree it'll be tough. not sure i'll make it but want to try it out and see how it goes.

yup, agree it'll be tough. not sure i'll make it but want to try it out and see how it goes.

I can't think of anything I'd less enjoy than being vegan.

maybe an angry fisting from a nazi rhino?

Because we're omnivores, not herbivores.

Also, Bacon.

Not a bad idea that :drinks:

the point is that we don't need meat to survive; we're not carnivores by design and the thing that separates us from pigs is we can make an informed choice over what to eat. i don't think there's anything wrong with eating meat, and i wouldn't preach to anyone not to - it's a personal choice. my personal view though is factory farming (including dairy cows and battery chickens) is inhumane. and i'm also interested in seeing how a animal product-free diet makes me feel, given we don't need these food sources to survive.

Edited by Dr Gloom