Scots Money

Rob W

Double good news day for the Yes campaign ...

First we get royal baby announcement followed by Gordon Brown (a former dud PM, co-pilot of an economic shambles and a current back bencher with no powers whatsoever) pitch up and tell us how we'll all be better off together but with nothing in writing - panic button pressed after weekend polls I reckon.

The additional powers (or devo max) option was removed by the establishment from the proposed ballot paper - now it's big Gordy dispatched north to sell it to us.

Oh the banter - the joy of seeing the Labour Party side with the Orange Order, the BNP, the Tories, UKIP, the EDL and the Glib Dums is a sad sight indeed.

You won't be leaving mate.

You won't be leaving mate.

In a previous post on this thread I alluded to this being the case - it does however appear the ground has shifted in recent weeks - event the missus and her Tory supporting family have voted yes (postal votes)

In a previous post on this thread I alluded to this being the case - it does however appear the ground has shifted in recent weeks - event the missus and her Tory supporting family have voted yes (postal votes)

If voting actually made any difference in the world it would have been outlawed long ago. :)

How big is the chip on these cunts' shoulders to be prepared to self destruct to split from the English? Christ, this is why democracy doesn't work.

Good to see you are perpetuating the myth that it's all about you when the converse is true - once devolution kicked off in 1997, and with the slow demise of the labour party vote in Scotland (coupled with the rise in support for the SNP) then independence was always going to be the natural/possible end game

Can't wait for the three amigos heading north tomorrow with their last minute desperate offer - should be a bumper day for the swing voters turning to Yes ! :)

Edited by topcat

It's absolutely staggering that the yes campaign has as much support as it does, given the number of unknowns involved. I'm guessing that the 'no' voters are generally the more educated half of the population, and the 'yes' voters are generally the lesser educated/unemployed/working class half. I'd be shocked if I wasn't right about that.

It's absolutely staggering that the yes campaign has as much support as it does, given the number of unknowns involved. I'm guessing that the 'no' voters are generally the more educated half of the population, and the 'yes' voters are generally the lesser educated/unemployed/working class half. I'd be shocked if I wasn't right about that.

In general, its the under 45s, I.T. literate, more likely to get "information" from the web v over 50s, by nature cautious and thrifty, culturally and emotionally more likely to be tied to the idea of the UK. Oh and try to be a bit more patronising the next time you post in this thread, the porridge wogs love that sort of thing :good:

Questions for JJ and topcat:

1 in the event of a yes vote, if various corporates carry out their threat and up sticks and move south, say with the loss of 5000 Scottish jobs, will it all be worth it?

2 if its yes, do you vote SNP at the first Scottish general election, and have Alex Salmon as Idi Amin's successor?

Probably won't make that much difference plus they'll never have another Tory government so not that staggering really.

In general, its the under 45s, I.T. literate, more likely to get "information" from the web v over 50s, by nature cautious and thrifty, culturally and emotionally more likely to be tied to the idea of the UK. Oh and try to be a bit more patronising the next time you post in this thread, the porridge wogs love that sort of thing :good:

Hardly patronising, voting for something without fully (or even partially, really) knowing what it entails and what the repercussions would be is plain daft. Currency, credit rating, defence, border control, cost of living etc. That there's so many people willing to take a giant leap of faith is both staggering and a bit thick, in my opinion.

Hardly patronising, voting for something without fully (or even partially, really) knowing what it entails and what the repercussions would be is plain daft. Currency, credit rating, defence, border control, cost of living etc. That there's so many people willing to take a giant leap of faith is both staggering and a bit thick, in my opinion.

Bit like sacking Pardew ;)

The likely outcome of a yes vote is not much difference tbh.....until EU member Scotland suddenly has a non EU member state on its southern border....England is following the rest of Europe in lurching to the right, and once Farage is finished annhilating Cameron and the Tories for "losing the union" he'll then turn the argument round so England gets its referendum on EU membership and suddenly we live in very, very different countries.