Hull City vs Newcastle

Graing

Aye we were good, rode our luck a little defensively first half but we took our chances and they didn't. I was worried we were going to do the usual at 2-0 up and come out looking to sit back and hold on for the 2nd half, when they scored straight away I become nervous, but our lot reacted fantastically and really looked to kill the game off in a way we really rarely do. Credit to Pardew (moment of madness aside), Dummett was good (aside from getting caught between 2 players and unsure of who to mark which gave Elmohaddy a good chance), Debuchy showed the absolute class act he is again. I know Hull have had a bit of a slide in form but they've still been canny at home and decent overall this season and our lot just brushed them aside 2nd half today.

Was really good to see Sissoko look more like the player who first turned up at the club, the Yaya Toure-esque drives from deep and finishing moves. Anita was cracking again. Remy was all over them harrying their backline, Gouffran was very cool headed and hard working shame his shot was cleared off the line. De Jong had some nice touches and looked very relaxed in possession which was nice to see.

Really enjoyable performance from the lads and I'm now actually looking forward to seeing their next performance now.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also De Jong should have had one, that miss after Debuchy's volley should have been converted.

Pretty harsh assessment there as it was fizzed in off target at a fair pace.

Let's talk football.

We absolutely dominated them in midfield today, Tiote was colossal and played the way he did earlier this season. He was the instigator in everything good coming through the midfield, we played some cracking one touch stuff and they couldn't live with it. Anita was tidy again and good to see a goal from him, his work has been underrated this season. He struggles when in there without much support but plays with more freedom when Tiote is playing.

Sissoko never stopped running and his first was a great finish. De Jong played some decent interplay and works well with Remy as it allows Remy to roam, which is a nightmare for defenders to pick up. 

The two full backs were excellent again, solid defensively and offered outlets going forward. I am more and more impressed with Dummet with every game, he is quick, strong and is competent at set pieces. Yanga looked steady enough but his distribution is questionable at times. Willo solid again.

Krul pulled off two game changing saves in one swoop in the first half but should have stayed on his line for their goal IMO.

Gouff put another good shift in and covered every blade of grass, Remy showed his class again. He is the most natural striker we've seen in years. His movement and pace had Bruce absolutely shitting himself most of the game. His goal was a complete gift like  :woot:

Good post.

I thought that overall they looked more familiar with each other as well.

Ie received the ball and instinctively knew so and so was on the overlap.

Happy days.

Pathetic MOTD there like. First game on, analysis did not mention one aspect of the game, just the Pardew incident. Proper tabloid outrage from Hansen, Lineker, and Savage. Obviously it needs some attention given to it and be denounced but fucking hell, 5 seconds into the programme alluding to it then 10 minutes talking about it. :lol:

Sorry mate but I can't understand the 'poor headbutt' argument. It's about the action and intent behind it in light of his privileged role in life. It's beyond reproach. In the moment, do you think he was thinking 'well this is nothing, I'll hardly touch him'?

Alan Pardew is an idiot and not fit to be manager of Newcastle United, but we've known that for years. Sadly our owner has even worse scruples.

Sorry mate but I can't understand the 'poor headbutt' argument. It's about the action and intent behind it in light of his privileged role in life. It's beyond reproach. In the moment, do you think he was thinking 'well this is nothing, I'll hardly touch him'?

Alan Pardew is an idiot and not fit to be manager of Newcastle United, but we've known that for years. Sadly our owner has even worse scruples.

I'm not defending his actions, I'm saying that if that really causes people to be outraged then they need to get some perspective.

It was two grown men losing their cool for a few seconds and nobody was hurt.

I'm not defending his actions, I'm saying that if that really causes people to be outraged then they need to get some perspective.

It was two grown men losing their cool for a few seconds and nobody was hurt.

Hardly.

But still, sack Pardew, mmkay?

;)

Edited by trophyshy

I like that CT

delighted Anita got a goal yesterday, really good little player who is flourishing now he's getting regular games.

De Jong was on course for getting his first for the club (3rd goal) til sissoko nipped in front of him. Still cracking result. Away games suit pardew's style of counter-attacking football, Was a good watch, could of been more.

It's probably the most scandalous incident at a match since Cantona. I thought the coverage was appropriate.

Worse than Terry calling Rio's brother a fuckin nigger or Suarez chomping the Chelsea lad's arm?....not for me like but there you go

Club acted quickly, basically rubber stamping the puppet's continued tenure as football's worst yes man.

£100k. That's apparently 20% of his yearly salary. Another cash grab by Ashley, the greedy cunt.

Worse than Terry calling Rio's brother a fuckin nigger or Suarez chomping the Chelsea lad's arm?....not for me like but there you go

Club acted quickly, basically rubber stamping the puppet's continued tenure as football's worst yes man.

£100k. That's apparently 20% of his yearly salary. Another cash grab by Ashley, the greedy cunt.

the chomp wasnt on the radar tbf but the nigger was way worse

I'm just glad Krul is on his way in the summer.Forget his double save because due to him AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN allowing his defence to retreat to the 6 yard line at free kicks,he puts himself in these situations.A Sunday morning football keeper would demand his defence stay on the 18 yard line until the free kick has been taken to give himself a chance to come out and claim the ball.

He's a good shot stopper but then time and time again he parries the shot into the path of onrushing forwards.He shits his pants if he has to come out for a 50/50 through ball.Shay had his weaknesses but he was a country mile better than Krul.I wouldn't have a problem,short term,if Harper replaced the dodgy dutchman in the summer.

I'm just glad Krul is on his way in the summer.Forget his double save because due to him AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN allowing his defence to retreat to the 6 yard line at free kicks,he puts himself in these situations.A Sunday morning football keeper would demand his defence stay on the 18 yard line until the free kick has been taken to give himself a chance to come out and claim the ball.

He's a good shot stopper but then time and time again he parries the shot into the path of onrushing forwards.He shits his pants if he has to come out for a 50/50 through ball.Shay had his weaknesses but he was a country mile better than Krul.I wouldn't have a problem,short term,if Harper replaced the dodgy dutchman in the summer.

Krul is one of our best players...

He has his weaknesses as you rightly say but he's definitely better than Harper!