Angry Oscar.

Park Life

Aaaaaand his Lawyer has just read out his uncles home address, where he has lived for the lasty 18 months on live TV.

Genius :lol:

On the other hand, if someone does break in, they should be doing so wit no illusions about what will happen to them

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

5 Years in Jail for culpable Homicide

3 years, suspended for 5 years, for the firearms charge

So the firearms charge is wholly suspended then. And he'll realistically serve 2-3 years at most.

Agree that it had to be a custodial sentence mind, although I've always been swayed towards his version of events, he still took that poor girl's life. I hope her family get a little bit of comfort from this.

June Steenkamp has said "Its right"

Pistorius' Uncle has said there will be no appeal.

OP must serve at least 1/6 of his sentence before he can be considered for house arrest.

June Steenkamp has said "Its right"

Pistorius' Uncle has said there will be no appeal.

OP must serve at least 1/6 of his sentence before he can be considered for house arrest.

He'll write a book make and make a million and be out in 2 ish...

His lawyer has just said it's likely he'll only be in jail for 10 months and then house arrest.

Obviously it's been a horrendous situation, but looking at the bigger picture it's probably done the South African justice system no harm to be as transparent as it has been, given the history of the country. Judge Masipa is quite the formidable woman - I'll bet she's swigging from a bottle of Amarula as we speak.

His lawyer has just said it's likely he'll only be in jail for 10 months and then house arrest.

Obviously it's been a horrendous situation, but looking at the bigger picture it's probably done the South African justice system no harm to be as transparent as it has been, given the history of the country. Judge Masipa is quite the formidable woman - I'll bet she's swigging from a bottle of Amarula as we speak.

NPA saying it would be 20 months and they're looking at whether or not to appeal for a stronger sentence.

Might not be over.

10 months ffs. 4 years watching cable and playing xbox after that isn't much of a punishment

Dunno about that, DEADMAN would be losing his mind.

I find the whole thing a bit difficult to get my head around tbh. This is sort of how I think about it in my head:

Either he knew it was her or he thought she was a burgler.

If he knew it was her, it's murder.

If he thought it was someone else, he still intended to kill them, so it's murder too...

..unless it's believed that he was sufficently in fear of his own life that he justafiably killed the supposed burgler pre-emptively, in which case he gets off.

I don't get this halfway house of him being not guilty of murder but not quite justified in killing this supposed burgler in self defence and therefore getting a sentance someway in between.

1 - you go to sleep with your girlfriend

2 - you wake up and hear someone in the bathroom

Do You

A - check 6 inches to your left

Or

B - load a gun, drag yourself to the bathroom and start shooting?

:lol: it's fucking ridiculous he didn't get life for murder