The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By moving to a bigger, more successful, more ambitious club for more money. Aye, absolutely :lol:

Didn't say that though did I? ;) I meant he's a tit for staying there when he's clearly not wanted, despite having more than one opportunity to revive his career elsewhere.

He's struggled with injury hasn't he?

Yeah, he has been out a bit but didn't Dummet's return to fitness automatically demote Mbabu to the bench, despite his decent performances? I'm not too sure exactly what Dummet has done to justify being an automatic first choice - is he sucking McClaren off or something?

McLaren is a footballing conservative, he's not going to play a teenager in front of Dummet, having established that his often ponderous displays are still better than Haidara, even before his injury. We apparently couldn't agree personal terms with Enrique which I think is code for we wouldn't pay him the money that would've perhaps kept him here in the fuckin first place. Criticism of a limited yet honest grafter like Dummet is a bit unfair in this case iyam, it's as clear as day left back was a priority in this window and they've failed yet again. The blame lies with the recruitment process, as per fuckin usual.

McLaren is a footballing conservative, he's not going to play a teenager in front of Dummet, having established that his often ponderous displays are still better than Haidara, even before his injury. We apparently couldn't agree personal terms with Enrique which I think is code for we wouldn't pay him the money that would've perhaps kept him here in the fuckin first place. Criticism of a limited yet honest grafter like Dummet is a bit unfair in this case iyam, it's as clear as day left back was a priority in this window and they've failed yet again. The blame lies with the recruitment process, as per fuckin usual.

A priority was a creative mid, an attacking left sided player and someone who could put the ball in the net.

A better left back would be nice, but certainly isn't the reason we are where we are.

So you're ok with not having.a fit senior player for one of the 11 positions on the pitch? You'll have to forgive me for wanting a bit more than the usual make do and mend drivel we usually get,

Dummetts fit for tomorrow so I'm not sure what you mean?

As I've said, a better LB will be nice when we get him, but that position wasn't more a priority than the others I mentioned.

Left back should have definitely been a priority. Only a clueless fuckwit suggest otherwise.

Oh, hai CT

Priority: A thing that is regarded more important than others.

If you think a left back was more important than a striker or creative midfielder then you my dear boy are the fuckwit. :lol:

Priority: A thing that is regarded more important than others.

If you think a left back was more important than a striker or creative midfielder then you my dear boy are the fuckwit. :lol:

He didn't say it was, but kudos to you as to be honest I didn't expect you to know how to spell fuckwit.

Dummetts fit for tomorrow so I'm not sure what you mean?

As I've said, a better LB will be nice when we get him, but that position wasn't more a priority than the others I mentioned.

Dummett is a centre back being played out of position, Haidara is injured. Theres no one else. A modern top division side without two ball playing full backs is lacking in balance. We don't have one and we've seemingly signed a right footed player to play in front of the non-existent left back. Pleased you're happy with all that.

Dummett is a centre back being played out of position, Haidara is injured. Theres no one else. A modern top division side without two ball playing full backs is lacking in balance. We don't have one and we've seemingly signed a right footed player to play in front of the non-existent left back. Pleased you're happy with all that.

:lol:

I didn't say I was happy ;)

I said it wasn't a priority.

We are in the relegation zone because our forwards can't score, not because Dummett isn't great.

We are in the relegation zone because our forwards can't score, not because Dummett isn't great.

So we've signed a notoriously fragile enigmatic striker with no premier league experience.....and they wouldn't pay Enrique's wages, the Spanish lad got a better offer, we were linked to Gibbs and the Argie lad at Valencia. It would strongly appear that McLaren thought a left back was a priority too, but was let down by the brains trust upstairs. So that's the manager and most of this board who thought a left back was a priority,but not you. As per fuckin usual, captain contrary :good:

So we've signed a notoriously fragile enigmatic striker with no premier league experience.....and they wouldn't pay Enrique's wages, the Spanish lad got a better offer, we were linked to Gibbs and the Argie lad at Valencia. It would strongly appear that McLaren thought a left back was a priority too, but was let down by the brains trust upstairs. So that's the manager and most of this board who thought a left back was a priority,but not you. As per fuckin usual, captain contrary :good:

I think the manager and all of this board would rather have addressed the lack of goals before any deficiencies at left back.

Anyway, enough of this Fish / David Kelly routine. ;)

I think the manager and all of this board would rather have addressed the lack of goals before any deficiencies at left back.

Anyway, enough of this Fish / David Kelly routine. ;)

So seeing as they were chasing a left back and a striker seemingly until yesterday, for you the point remains that left back wasn't as big a priority as a striker, in spite of the evidence pointing towards the opposite, and basically because you've said so on the internet :lol:

So seeing as they were chasing a left back and a striker seemingly until yesterday, for you the point remains that left back wasn't as big a priority as a striker, in spite of the evidence pointing towards the opposite, and basically because you've said so on the internet :lol:

I think a £21,000,000 bid shows what the priority was. :lol:

We've conceded the third highest number of goals in the league (18th). We're equal 15th for goals scored.

I think a £21,000,000 bid shows what the priority was. :lol:

Or rather how there is a premium on those who score rather than those who stop goals. Goalkeepers in general are the most undervalued position in terms of importance. But that's another debate. That it doesn't matter to you, that we can have any old lumbering centre back playing for us out of position in defence when we're sat third bottom tells its own story.

Or rather how there is a premium on those who score rather than those who stop goals. Goalkeepers in general are the most undervalued position in terms of importance. But that's another debate. That it doesn't matter to you, that we can have any old lumbering centre back playing for us out of position in defence when we're sat third bottom tells its own story.

That you think a left back was more important than a striker or creative midfielder in this window tells its own story.

Anyway, as I've already said this is going back and forth. It's match day, cheer up. :)

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic