The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Peer pressure living half a mile away from Sunderland ;)

Make up of peers about 80% Sunderland and 20% Newcastle.

I think you've already had an answer for your Blyth question.

Stands to reason, if you grew up near sunderland and everyone else was supporting them, you'd have to be contrary.

Fish you're confusing football fans with modern NUFC fans like CT. I'd go and watch Chester town under 18s if I had a day off. I love football at all levels. The likes of CT wouldn't consider watching a game that didn't involve NUFC. It's fine to look down your nose at these people

Fish you're confusing football fans with modern NUFC fans like CT. I'd go and watch Chester town under 18s if I had a day off. I love football at all levels. The likes of CT wouldn't consider watching a game that didn't involve NUFC. It's fine to look down your nose at these people

:aye:

:lol: Fuck off. Not to sound like you but I've got shit to do on Saturdays that doesn't involve football.

:lol: Drivel.

:lol: Fuck off. Not to sound like you but I've got shit to do on Saturdays that doesn't involve football.

Think SEW's point is, if he had time to kill on a Saturday, going to watch lower league football would be a genuine option. I go to see AFC Wimbledon on occasion and I'm planning an afternoon at Dulwich Hamlet FC soon too.

Similarly I'm quite happy watching League one football on tv, instead of a Friends rerun.

My point with CT was simply that he's a Newcastle United 1st team fan, not a football fan. He doesn't watch other teams, he probably turns Match of the Day off once we've been shown (or records it and only watches our highlights).

Edited by The Fish

aye, i'm not a proper football fan because i don't want to spend my precious saturday afternoons watching blyth

:lol:

Calm down man, it was obviously said tongue in cheek.

TBF to Jonathan, 90% of the time he talks wank, but there is fuck all wrong with watching non-league football. I used to love Blue Star when I was a kid, I used to see them as often as NUFC and plenty times I've seen Consett, North and South Shields, Blyth, Gateshead, Whitley Bay etc...I don't see people who do that as being total nobheads personally. I might go to these places 2 or 3 times a year, but you sometimes get far more interesting games than you see in the Premier League, the beers cheap, and believe you see proper fights. "Goo on son", "goo on lad knock that mackem cunt out". £6 a gan most of them too.

Football hipsters.

my local team is the most hipster football team you could imagine.

http://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/aug/23/dulwich-hamlet-londons-most-hipster-football-club

it's not a bad day out, tbf, but i'm fucked if i'm going every other week. my time is much better spent screaming at my laptop while moaning about the match on here, apparently.

I've gone to a few non nufc games in my life including Shields , Blyth, Sheffield utd, Utrecht and Chelmsford and they were all like watching paint dry - no passion, no point.

No passion :lol: ?

I'm not sure the non league lads are in it to get rich tbf. The NUFC players are all about the team spirit of course

He probably means no passion from himself as he's not emotionally invested in non-nufc games which I can totally understand.

I love watching non league football. It's played in shite conditions for the right reasons. When I live in the NE Whitby were my non league team, after I stopped playing. Since I've moved to Manchester I've been to Salford city a fair few times and FC United but many Stalybridge.

I can totally se why people aren't arsed mind, life is hectic enough. I just like watching football.

He probably means no passion from himself as he's not emotionally invested in non-nufc games which I can totally understand.

Exactly.

I occasionally enjoy games on TV but generally need the "angle" of one of my many grudges to feel involved.

I went to see Utrecht play with a mate who supports them and was willing to sort of support them but that was killed by the red and whiteness.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic