The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Now I've been thinking about the players who we need to shift and who clueless clubs might pay a canny bit for them.Now that all premier league clubs are going to earn £100m+ next season,we can take their eyes out by upping last season's valuations.for example Sissoko for £15m,Krul for £12m,Wijnaldum for £15m,Cisse for £10m.If we'd stayed up we would have had to pay over the top for incoming players so let them pay over the odds for the shithouses I have mentioned.

f20c9eb755854d4cc40d14ca6920e8f8.jpg

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye 15m for a championship striker is fucking absurd. Especially at his age with no evidence he can do it in the PL, I'd far rather we looked elsewhere.

I'd rather offer £12mil for Ings. He won't get a look in at Liverpool, only cost them £6.5mil and scored 21 goals in the championship 2 years ago

Aye hit double figures for Burnley in his first prem season and he's only 23, much better to spend that sort of money on a lad like him rather than McCormack.

Ings would be canny but I don't think he'd want to drop down a division, despite his injury he'll probably try and fight for his place at Liverpool or move to another Prem club

Dis tho.

Are any of these players we are considering spending £10-15mil on better than Armstong, Mitrovic and Perez?

Possibly not, but Mitrovic is already missing the first four games, Perez has been playing out wide and we don't know about Armstrong at this level yet

We need cover

I agree. Just don't think Anichebe or Bamford is the level of cover we need. Kodjia at Bristol City could be an option. 26 years old, 20 goals last season, just broken into the Ivory Coast team.

Bristol finished 18th so he would probably jump at the chance to move. And no doubt the club have scouted him as he scored 15 goals in Ligue 1 two years ago

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

I agree. Just don't think Anichebe or Bamford is the level of cover we need. Kodjia at Bristol City could be an option. 26 years old, 20 goals last season, just broken into the Ivory Coast team.

Bristol finished 18th so he would probably jump at the chance to move. And no doubt the club have scouted him as he scored 15 goals in Ligue 1 two years ago

Definitely don't think Bamford is the kind of player we should be spending north of £10m on. Yes, he's scored goals in the Championship, but he hasn't in the Premier League and surely we should be planning for the top flight? I'd have no problem picking up a reliable old hand for buttons, it makes sense. Throwing big money at Bamford (or Anichebe?!) is senseless imo, at least Kodjia might have the ability to make the step up.

But essentially if Mitrovic is 1st choice we either need a strike partner, or a player happy to play from the bench; like Perez and Armstrong?

Are any of these players we are considering spending £10-15mil on better than Armstong, Mitrovic and Perez?

Certainly not if you're talking about Anichebe. He's fucking awful.

I'd be disappointed if we signed the liked of Bamford or Gayle tbh. They might be able to do a job in the championship but they've shown themselves to not be good enough for the premier league. If we're looking at stop gap players just for the championship then I don't see the point in spending £10m plus. We could surely get an older experienced player to help out the younger strikers we've got for less than that. Someone like Ricky Lambert?

Certainly not if you're talking about Anichebe. He's fucking awful.

I'd be disappointed if we signed the liked of Bamford or Gayle tbh. They might be able to do a job in the championship but they've shown themselves to not be good enough for the premier league. If we're looking at stop gap players just for the championship then I don't see the point in spending £10m plus. We could surely get an older experienced player to help out the younger strikers we've got for less than that. Someone like Ricky Lambert?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34955-transfer-rumours-thread/?p=1410030

:finger:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic