Aye, a well run club that doesn't give a shit about match day revenue and is about to be relegated for only the 6th time in its history but the 2nd time under the current owner. Class

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, a well run club that doesn't give a shit about match day revenue and is about to be relegated for only the 6th time in its history but the 2nd time under the current owner. Class

We've virtually mirrored what we achieved in the 80s. Get promoted, flog off the decent players, relegation 5-6 years later.

No doubt we'll mirror the horrible days of 1991-92 as well before we make a return.

"Sack the board" anyone?

We've virtually mirrored what we achieved in the 80s. Get promoted, flog off the decent players, relegation 5-6 years later.

No doubt we'll mirror the horrible days of 1991-92 as well before we make a return.

"Sack the board" anyone?

If that means we're going to legitimately challenge for the title in the next 15 years, I'll take it.

If that means we're going to legitimately challenge for the title in the next 15 years, I'll take it.

We'd need a John Hall and Kevin Keegan to show up in the next 4 years. Can you realistically see that happening?

"Sack the board" anyone?

There's definitely similarities between now and the 80s, I was just speaking about this the other day.

Anyone remember the 'willie out Cox in' banner? :lol:

The accounts don't say what Charnley is on. They say what the highest paid director is on on.

On 30 June 2015 Steve McClaren was a director.

Which suggests it was him who was on a £150,000 salary.

Either McClaren was on a pittance for a Premier League manager or the club haven't declared what the highest paid director was on.

Don't think for a second he was on £3k a week, just another example of dodgy shite from the club, whether they delineated roles and paid him £0 as a director or have been incompetent in compiling their reports.

The board's always been a complete facade.

Ah right, either way the highest paid director will refer to remuneration during the last financial year. During which McClaren was a director for less than two weeks. The figure will be for Charnley.

Ah right, either way the highest paid director will refer to remuneration during the last financial year. During which McClaren was a director for less than two weeks. The figure will be for Charnley.

This book says someone appointed during the financial year still has to have their total package reported, not just what was accrued as a proportion...

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZVNMAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA5025&lpg=PA5025&dq=highest+paid+director+rules&source=bl&ots=Whn_lQLToO&sig=rPvBwbJ2vkih-Hk131leCeYLLfg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii6_PlmZjMAhXBMyYKHW4uCYkQ6AEIKDAC#v=onepage&q=highest%20paid%20director%20rules&f=false

Secion 5.202

:lol:

I can't see that particular section. These are audited accounts and I'm pretty sure that they will have complied with the current reporting standards. The figure quoted clearly isn't McClaren's overall salary so it isn't much to get excited about.

Discrepancies aren't beyond them.

Audited accounts from 2014 said net debt on 30 June 2014 was £94.9m

Audited accounts from 2015 said net debt on 30 June 2014 was £106.5m

Bought Cabella at lunch and reported figures from the morning and the afternoon :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have good news, bad news...bad news, worst news.

The good news is Villa are relegated. The bad news is they're getting a new regime in.

The bad news is we are most likely joining Villa in the drop. The worst news is Ashley and company are not leaving.

Statement from Lee Charnley:

"Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

"I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and under-achievement.

"Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

"I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

"We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun. Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters."