Imo It was the way he set them up away from home to play for 0-0 - almost Allardyce like.

We won more home games than 9 other teams (FUCKING NINE) and got relegated. That was down to our absysmal away form (only Villa won fewer away games).

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not bollocks at all. If we'd had a left back instead of playing; a centre back, a defensive midfielder, a different defensive midfielder, a left winger, or a right winger I don't think we'd have conceded as many as we did. We were scoring goals, and we definitely had players with more goals in them. The trouble is we rarely had controlled possession and we conceded too many goals.

There's zero guarantee that a striker would have changed our fortunes, but (as evidenced when we got a proper coach in) an improvement to our defence would have garnered better results on the pitch.

What you're doing (again) is conflating what you hope would happen with what is likely to happen. You hoped that Marveaux would be better than Jonas and because he rarely played you felt that hope had grounding. You hoped Ferguson would be better than Jonas and despite that lad's career stalling at League 1 Millwall you still think he could have done a job at Newcastle in the Premier League. You hoped that a new unknown striker would deliver more goals to a team that's already scoring, on average, a goal a game but conceding twice.

Tell you what, could you give me a striker that could have been brought into this Newcastle side in the January window that would have turned our fortunes around?

:lol:

Dave, Dave, Dave. What am a gonna do with you?

You can jiggle the stats til the cows come home but it won't make a scrap a difference.

Benitez basically got the defence playing well using the players we already had. That indicates a coaching solution. He couldn't get the strikers playing well cos they're shit. That's a personnel problem.

Including the 5 scored btw in the relegation pressures off party just skews stuff even more.

I take it that the difference in away form must be down to mostly mental factors? Travel, change of routine, difference in levels of support. It does seem amazing that we have much an incredible difference in number of wins. Especially with a mental/motivational coach on the staff.

You can jiggle the stats til the cows come home but it won't make a scrap a difference.

Benitez basically got the defence playing well using the players we already had. That indicates a coaching solution. He couldn't get the strikers playing well cos they're shit. That's a personnel problem.

Including the 5 scored btw in the relegation pressures off party just skews stuff even more.

Crock a shit.

One of the strikers CT reckons is shit it also one of the ones he cites as being good in previous seasons.

So contrary he even disagrees with himself.

Andrew Andrew Andrew, don't be a patronising cunt you haven't the cache for that.

You have zero credibility when it comes to assessing a player's ability or lack thereof, so when you declare that Alexander Mitrovic is shit, it means nothing. Especially when that young lad performed better than the other strikers at the club. You've also offered no alternatives, I think you believe there's a queue of strikers who can get 15+ a season, just hanging around desperate to play for a relegation troubled side.

I'm not "jiggling stats", I'm presenting verifiable evidence to support my assertions. You've done nowt but said "Wuh shud haf bort a shootah" without credible support and then ignored evidence to the contrary (no great shock there). If you want me to buy the crap you're peddling, you'll need to come up with something more compelling than you have thus far.

Andrew Andrew Andrew, don't be a patronising cunt you haven't the cache for that.

You have zero credibility when it comes to assessing a player's ability or lack thereof, so when you declare that Alexander Mitrovic is shit, it means nothing. Especially when that young lad performed better than the other strikers at the club. You've also offered no alternatives, I think you believe there's a queue of strikers who can get 15+ a season, just hanging around desperate to play for a relegation troubled side.

I'm not "jiggling stats", I'm presenting verifiable evidence to support my assertions. You've done nowt but said "Wuh shud haf bort a shootah" without credible support and then ignored evidence to the contrary (no great shock there). If you want me to buy the crap you're peddling, you'll need to come up with something more compelling than you have thus far.

Fuck you.

It's not a case for me to say who we would of bought etc etc. It boils down to you wishing we'd bought a left back in January rather than a striker.

Can CT do a guest spot on the podcast over the summer? Maybe a 'Jiggling the Stats' segment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube series with him spouting shite, interspersed with short videos of him twerking and bootyshaking with STATS spelled across his moobs using gaffer tape.

YouTube series with him spouting shite, interspersed with short videos of him twerking and bootyshaking with STATS spelled across his moobs using gaffer tape.

CT is the true geordie?

It's not a case for me to say who we would of bought etc etc. It boils down to you wishing we'd bought a left back in January rather than a striker.

:lol: No it doesn't at all. It boils down to you fundamentally misunderstanding why Newcastle United were relegated this season.

I'm thinking the sort of video where it zooms in and out dead quick and he points at The Fish's posts and wags his big fat index finger and does Ohhhhh SNAP! type movements when a post insults him.

Probably more Boldon RuPaul than True Geordie.

You're looking at our defense being better when Rafa came in, but he arrived in March not January. Having to play players out of position and having a makeshift back four cost us with McClaren.

In the Sunderland, Norwich and Southampton game I'm sure that Rafa would have liked to have played 2 defensive midfielders but he couldn't as Colback/Anita are having to play fullback

We won more home games than 9 other teams (FUCKING NINE) and got relegated. That was down to our absysmal away form (only Villa won fewer away games).

Especially considering we could easily have been hammered in the 3 away games we didn't lose under him.

I think he should have been sacked after defending the performance at West Brom. He should have been taken out and shot after doing the same after Stoke.

Agreed, that terrible away record probably flattered us and should've been worse. Bournemouth were very unlucky to lose to us at home and should've won the game.

I'm thinking the sort of video where it zooms in and out dead quick and he points at The Fish's posts and wags his big fat index finger and does Ohhhhh SNAP! type movements when a post insults him.

Probably more Boldon RuPaul than True Geordie.

Just spat my tea out :lol: