Fucking solicitors!

Kid Dynamite

Am I missing something here?

When we sold our house the estate agent recommended a certain solicitor. The price was on a par with anyone else so we went with them. Further down the line the mortgage company said that the firm was too small to work with so they needed to use a 2nd solicitors which would cost us £294. I kicked up a stink that the should have known that and got a discount of £100. It wasn't worth changing solicitors as it would add weeks to the process, so I swallowed the £194 extra.

Anyway I've got the bill from the 1st solicitors today. They've charged me £240 to pay the estate agents for them getting my business :lol:

Am I being dense or is this a piss take of the highest order? From looking over the law in relation to this they have to declare this charge from the outset, which they didn't, so they can go and jump

Legal secretary Mrs PL says its a referral fee which should be on your contract with the estate agent you used. If you didnt get a contract to sign with your estate agent you should dispute it. She'll have a malibu & coke and mines is a pint of IPA :D

lawyer%20costume.JPG

"Have you been told you can't have a shag and it wasn't your fault? At FuckingSolicitors4U we're on YOUR side and there are no middle men: just a promise that we will work tirelessly to get you the fuck you deserve.

We can guarantee this because as a national network of qualified soliciting with years of experience, we work on a No Sex No Fee basis to ensure we can get you the rumpy pumpy you deserve whilst taking the risk and headache out of tapping up unresponsive fanny.
Whatever has happened, we’re here to help
At FuckingSolicitors4U we pride ourselves on offering a service that is friendly as well as professional. So whatever sexual knockback you have suffered, we are always happy to discuss it with you, and advise you openly and honestly about the chances of making a successful attempt at getting your end away.
We look at the request of some sexual interflora from the perspective that matters.. yours
We understand that not all sex is the same, but no matter what type of sexual knockback you have been involved in, if it has been caused by someone else’s negligence, we’re here to help you claim the top level split arse that you deserve."

The woman dealing with our mortgage is on 2 weeks holiday. She's passed it to someone else but they are too busy to look at it today, they'll try tomorrow.

We are meant to be out of the house on Friday :lol:

I moved house on Friday. Only exchanged on Thursday, had to desperately arrange removal etc, moving from a three bed semi full of 12 years worth of possessions. Was stressful, to say the least.

I moved house on Friday. Only exchanged on Thursday, had to desperately arrange removal etc, moving from a three bed semi full of 12 years worth of possessions. Was stressful, to say the least.

We exchanged and completed simultaneously during the afternoon of the day that we had to hand the keys back to the landlord of our rented flat. I was like Speedy Gonzales from the moment I got the call to say I could pick up the keys for our new house. Had to get everything shifted and finish off the cleaning of the flat within a few hours. Thankfully we'd been able to store some stuff at the mother-in-law's in readiness, but I could've wept when we finally got sat down with a takeaway and a drink in the new place.

I work for the solicitors who did the conveyancing too. :lol: I hounded them constantly and there was still no urgency, bloody hopeless.

Edited by Jill

I was extremely tempted not to bother but our landlord had been really good and had already given us a 1 month extension to allow us time to complete (but wasn't able to extend it again as he'd got someone else lined up).

We did open the oven late on, think "fuck that" and agreed to a small deduction from the security deposit to cover the cleaning of it. :lol:

The whole process of house buying/renting/moving is so riddled with middlemen and parasites, from the competent to the utterly useless, it's a wonder the system prevails when everybody knows this but understandably you tend to be so relieved just to finally be in your new place and have it all sorted that you tend to quickly compartmentalise the overpriced, overstressed trauma of it all under "Let Us Never Speak Of This Again"... until the next time you have to move, when it starts all over :panic:

We exchanged and completed simultaneously during the afternoon of the day that we had to hand the keys back to the landlord of our rented flat. I was like Speedy Gonzales from the moment I got the call to say I could pick up the keys for our new house. Had to get everything shifted and finish off the cleaning of the flat within a few hours. Thankfully we'd been able to store some stuff at the mother-in-law's in readiness, but I could've wept when we finally got sat down with a takeaway and a drink in the new place.

I work for the solicitors who did the conveyancing too. :lol: I hounded them constantly and there was still no urgency, bloody hopeless.

My wife's company did ours, free of charge, and consequently completely unmotivated, is my only explanation for their tardiness. As for the move, got professionals to box everything. We've only moved 200 yards but that is the best 850 quid I've ever spent, they earned it.

I did a quick Hoover but not sure what else you can do when you complete at 12 noon. Plus, all the cleaning gear had been boxed and moved.... :D