Newcastle United v Hull City

ewerk

You want to see your club get relegated. You are beyond logic or reasoning, and not worth anyone's time really.

It's not my club, it's Mike Ashley's club and it won't be my club 'til he's gone. Being none competitive in the Premier League he's getting what he wants and I'm not. I actually want him to try to be competitive but it isn't happening. So I want the worst case scenario for him. For me it doesn't really get any worse than it is now. In that he's completely satisfied and benefiting from our suffering. We get relegated, so what? What are the implications? That we can't challenge for mid table? That we don't get to see megabucks signings like Riviere coming through the door? So fuck. I don't really see why you see my view as so outrageous.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, it's heartbreaking not to win when you have dominated most of the play.

Luuky here, it seems pretty obvious Riviere is not the striker of any merit. What chances he gets, he flubs. He's looking more like a dud every game and it's a question of how long Pardew will persist in starting him.(he should have taken him off at half-time and given Perez a longer run than a few minutes). Maybe Cisse's appearance will solve Pardew's problem.

Tiote gave the best performance of anyone today.

Cabella was a bit better but seemed to be put on his arse too often and easily.

Why Dummett over Haidara, is Pardew so stupid.

Must admit, two cracking goals from Hull.

You want to see your club get relegated. You are beyond logic or reasoning, and not worth anyone's time really.

My only concern about relegation bringing a new owner, is that we have no idea if eyd be any better.

If relegation guaranteed a Steve Gibson/Bill Kenwright , I'd probably take it

My only concern about relegation bringing a new owner, is that we have no idea if eyd be any better.

If relegation guaranteed a Steve Gibson/Bill Kenwright , I'd probably take it

Chances of getting a better owner when you're in the Championship arent really great. As we're already learnt.

Perhaps we ought to try and get down into the League One. That might work.

Things are bad enough when you havent won shit for 50 years. Last thing I'd want is to become a yoyo club on top of that. It hurts the pride, history, aura about the place imo. We have little enough of that anyway. Ashley's not worth it.

Perhaps we ought to try and get down into the League One. That might work.

Things are bad enough when you havent won shit for 50 years. Last thing I'd want is to become a yoyo club on top of that. It hurts the pride, history, aura about the place imo. We have little enough of that anyway. Ashley's not worth it.

Might work? I don't want to get relegated because it might "work" in getting him to sell. It probably won't. But until he does I hope it goes as tits up as it possibly can for him. I don't want to yoyo, I want to go down and stay down whilst he's here. Being in the top division and being told we can't compete hurts our pride and belittles us and our reputation as a club, relegation isn't going to hurt something that isn't there. There is no pride or aura now, surely even you can see that from wherever you are.

It's perfectly logical and reasonable. You might disagree with it, it may even be wrong, but it's not illogical.

That's just a pretty bad way to respond to an argument.

Might work? I don't want to get relegated because it might "work" in getting him to sell. It probably won't. But until he does I hope it goes as tits up as it possibly can for him. I don't want to yoyo, I want to go down and stay down whilst he's here. Being in the top division and being told we can't compete hurts our pride and belittles us and our reputation as a club, relegation isn't going to hurt something that isn't there. There is no pride or aura now, surely even you can see that from wherever you are.

Owners come and go. I'd rather we be a stable mid table premiership club when the new owner comes in rather than languishing in the Championship. To want the whole club and everything associated with it to be dragged through dirt just because the owner is a cunt, and even when you acknowledge it probably wont help us in getting rid of him, is a completely ridiculous thought. Its shocking to me, even from wherever I am, that any fan could think this way.

It's perfectly logical and reasonable. You might disagree with it, it may even be wrong, but it's not illogical.

That's just a pretty bad way to respond to an argument.

Its an opinion. Its completely illogical to me. If this was hypothetical I could try and understand. But we've been down this road and we know Ashley wont sell until the right amount is offered. The chances of that happening in the better league are obviously greater.

He acknowledges this fact, and also says that he thinks Ashley will only sell to someone worse than he is. So what purpose does going down serve in this case other than put the club in all sorts of financial danger and and further decrease chances of being anywhere close to the competition in the top league?

Good to see the side actually fight back today but Riviere simply cannot play as a lone striker and Sissoko was fucking hopeless. To be fair to the side though we got stung by two very well taken goals and probably deserved to win the game based on our second half performance. Cisse looked like the striker he was when he first started and it was a nice touch by him with the Jonas tribute.

I'd really like to see what this squad could do with a manager that actually got them to play to their strengths and play some football.

Its an opinion. Its completely illogical to me. If this was hypothetical I could try and understand. But we've been down this road and we know Ashley wont sell until the right amount is offered. The chances of that happening in the better league are obviously greater.

He acknowledges this fact, and also says that he thinks Ashley will only sell to someone worse than he is. So what purpose does going down serve in this case other than put the club in all sorts of financial danger and and further decrease chances of being anywhere close to the competition in the top league?

The difference is there wouldn't be a Jacamo dressed cunt milking our sorrows for every penny. How many owners is there worse than him? None for me. I'd rather have an absolute clown or loose cannon that took us down trying to make us successful than Ashley. He's made the club unsupportable. And whilst I'm not supporting it i don't care what division it's in frankly

The difference is there wouldn't be a Jacamo dressed cunt milking our sorrows for every penny. How many owners is there worse than him? None for me. I'd rather have an absolute clown or loose cannon that took us down trying to make us successful than Ashley. He's made the club unsupportable. And whilst I'm not supporting it i don't care what division it's in frankly

The club is not unsupportable as 50,000 in the ground and many more glued to streams and radios can testify.

Sure times are shit at the moment (they've been a lot worse), but that shouldn't stop your support for Newcastle United.

If you really feel so bad about it, the last thing you should be doing is constantly typing away on Newcastle forums.

Have a break, take up cooking, revisit some of the many tasty recipes I have posted over the years.

It's all good and well having the odd rant, but to devote so much time to it is unhealthy.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Ok I'm like most people I'd rather see the back of Ashley than see him continue running the club the way he is. But after yesterdays un-protest I'm damned if I know how it could be done now. I mean yesterday everything was set up for the protest it was well publicised well organised it had the go ahead of the police and the council. All that had to be done was hold up your poster or banner (ok a few were taken off people) and shout your disdain at Pardew. It was set up for something special it was actually very poor and was met with a little smirk from Ashley & Pardew probably didnt even notice it. All the good work by the anonymous sackpardew.com amounted to nothing their idea was if it didnt work yesterday they would be back again but now I'm not so sure. Yesterday could have been spectacular it turned out to be a damp squid.

@@trooper

You can blame the club for this (at least partly). They lied - yet again - and confiscated banners etc when they said they wouldn't. Stewards also took them away from fans who sneaked them in the ground. No doubt those that still had theirs were a bit more muted as a result.

The protest might have been a bit of anticlimax, but ti still led to loads of attention being placed on the club and Pardew's position. A lot of pressure, even if the event itself was a damp squid.

So I don't want to blame the fans at SJP yesterday too much. Nor do I think those who didn't take part are happy with what's going on, they just wanted to support the players regardless of their feelings for the club/Pardew/Ashley.