The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He comes across as a good lad, but this just smacks of "when the going gets tough, some just fuck off"

If Peitersen had pulled this shit hge'd be getting annihilated. He's still there though. They hate each others guts mind, which probably tells you quite a lot. Both twats.

Michael Clarke makes his first error in judgement of the entire series and sends England into bat. Slow going this, many of the 90 000 in attendance would have wanted to see Australia bat first and get to 350 at the end of the day. Could set a record of amount of dot balls bowled in a day here.

Ok, it seems Graeme Swann's nan was on the ball somewhat. Looks like David Warner has been giving him a fair bit of grief which has affected him enough to not turn a blind eye to, so to speak, and it has happened for a time longer than this series. Hence the head up the arse comments. I find Swann's comments about Warner (allegedly) hard to disagree with as my previous post here weeks ago suggested. Cheap character but quality cricketer that he is becoming. I hate the media coverage here as much as I do the English coverage, both are as bad as each other and underestimate the knowledge of those who follow it. Or they just target the half-wits of both sets. Some publications ceratinly do. Looks like Swann knew full well his time was near (and as it showed in all but the first five overs in Perth before his body caved in) and it sounds like Warner showed him no mercy in his eyes. Or respect as many would see it in their eyes.

Edited by Ken

Think I've said it before, but I've had a night out with David Warner before. Comes across as a bit of a tit and flash Harry

Your strike rate with sportspeople aint too good is it?

Dave Warner, Marco Van Basten... :lol:

Edited by Ken

Oh how things can turn. England looked quite solid to start with too - obvious that they had the upper hand. I don't think 230 is going to be quite enough to defend I'm afraid. :lol:

I can't see anything other than Australia knocking these runs off with relative ease. That batting from England was appalling, after the shift the bowlers put in. Also, there is absolutely no excuse for being as shit a fielder as Panesar is.

Agreed. The UFC production crew need to learn to be much more tactful when it comes to this, it's not the first time. Replaying Nogiera's arm being broken against Frank Mir last year with all those slow motion replays was appalling as well I thought.

So do I. He's been there and done that, my knowledge of MMA/UFC would be nothing without him. Seriously, he has the best technical explanations in UFC commentary by far and sells the product better than Dana White can (orally). Whatever he does in his own time is his own business tbf, though I've sometimes wondered why in some broadcasts he's looked like he's sweated bullets (with an obviously abnormal heart rate) while others next to him (like Mike Goldberg or Dana White) are dry and relatively calm as fuck even accounting for the normal adrenalin rush that they would have.

Can't stand that Ariel Halmani(sp?) bloke. What a weed. Tweeted yesterday that Silva was in the back screaming at the top of his lungs. You would too if you had to endure that! The poor bloke was in so much agony on the ground (when the pain finally started to register) that he couldn't make his screams audible. Like watching Al Pacino (Michael Collione) in that second last scene in Godfather 3 after his daughter got shot.