The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KP is blatantly a penis, but I can see a lot of truth in what he says about the England set up. It's a bit of an old boy's club and the ECB are cowards. They've sacked him because he's a dick, which is silly really as he's still England's best batter and the one wicket opponents really prize.

That it was.I heard a number of interviews and comments yesterday.During one test match Pietersen left the dressing room to watch an IPL game in another room.He thinks that he should have been allowed to miss non-test matches because that would help his preparation for the next test match.Now if every player thought that ........

I've seen nothing through this whole thing that makes me think owt other than that "KP" is a massive twat who can't take being the butt of anyones jokes. He seems like a totally humourless drama queen

Very well put.I watched England train during the Ashes game at Chester le Street and after one training session,maybe 5 or 6 kids were waiting outside for autographs and photos.Pietersen came out and obliged whilst different kids moved positions to have their photo's taken.After no more than 3 or 4 minutes,the shithouse barked `QUICKLY QUICKLY'. What a shithouse.

he is a twat and he clearly takes himself very serioulsy. but who gives a shit? he's a brilliant player and our batting lineup is poorer without him in it. they should work out a way to manage him.

There's a lot in his accusations mind. He's probably brought a lot on himself but his teamates come across as grade a fuckin wankers too. Too many egos in a fair to mediocre side. They all need a good look at themselves, ECB included.

How many decent innings has he actually put in over the past couple of years? I'm pretty sure I remember him getting one century in last summers Ashes but he did nothing in the winter. He did very little in the last IPL too.

He clearly was a top player but the only reason other teams are still so desperate to get him out now is because of his past. He's no longer a player to be scared of.

How many decent innings has he actually put in over the past couple of years? I'm pretty sure I remember him getting one century in last summers Ashes but he did nothing in the winter. He did very little in the last IPL too.

He clearly was a top player but the only reason other teams are still so desperate to get him out now is because of his past. He's no longer a player to be scared of.

Innings in Mumbai was one of the greatest ever by an Englishman and if he was nowt special last winter he still topped the batting averages so it tells you how shite the rest of them were. Carberry was treated badly too. And there's no way Finn would have been publicly humiliated in the same way if he was one of the clique. Not saying KP is without fault but he makes a few salient points about the set-up and certain members of the team imo.

I'm not knocking what he has achieved or saying their isn't a clique that needs to be sorted but I just don't think he's the fearsome player he was and I'm far from convinced he should in the team on merit anymore.

It's important to have senior players in the team to help the younger ones come through but if they aren't performing you can't just keep playing them because of their past. Prior was the other example of this in the summer. You could argue Cook too but the captaincy issue makes him different. He has also showed signs of getting out of his slump.

I'm not knocking what he has achieved or saying their isn't a clique that needs to be sorted but I just don't think he's the fearsome player he was and I'm far from convinced he should in the team on merit anymore.

It's important to have senior players in the team to help the younger ones come through but if they aren't performing you can't just keep playing them because of their past. Prior was the other example of this in the summer. You could argue Cook too but the captaincy issue makes him different. He has also showed signs of getting out of his slump.

He was 3rd in the batting averages in the 2013 Ashes series (and 2nd if you discount Woakes, who only played one test). In the winter series, he topped the averages. Therefore, on form alone he deserves a place in the test side. Or he did when he was discarded anyway. If he was dropped for being a twat that's one thing but he clearly was performing better than almost all of his team mates.

he still averages in the high 40s and is the one player that can take a game away from the opposition and make big hundreds when he's in the mood. his average dipped since his early days but he's still our most destructive batsman and we are undoubtedly a better side with KP in it. who cares that he's a cunt? it's not a reason to drop someone

nah, that's bollocks that like.

He's done fuck all for a year now man. He may have been one of our better scorers comparatively in Australia but he was still far from good. He then did nothing in the ipl or in the county games from what I saw.

I'm not saying he couldn't get back to his best or that if he does he shouldn't be considered but there are players now doing more than him.

He's should be in the team on merit because he's consistently among our top scorers, series after series. And it's not just that he accumulates runs, he gets them in a way that changes and wins games. The decision to axe him is entirely political and fuck all to do with form.

To answer your question directly, he scored centuries against all the recent top class opposition he faced - Australia in the home series last summer, against India in the winter tour before that and against South Africa the summer before that.

Even in the disaster of an ashes tour last year he still topped the batting tables for England players.

His form isn't what it was but he's been England's top batter for years now. He might not be to everyone's tastes, he's got the wrong accent and he's prone to gifting his wicket away at times, but to suggest he doesn't deserve a place on merit is nonsense.

Edited by Dr Gloom

And the other thing about KP is he always managed to empty bars. England's test side over the past few years has been unbelievably negative, frequently trundling along at barely two an over. KP was one of the few that would come in and quickly go through the gears. There's not many else in the side that can do that. Butler maybe but he's still pretty raw.

Ballance looked like he could step it up once he got his eye in. KP COULD come in and quickly go through the gears but hadn't been doing much of that in the year before he was dropped.

You can still have someone who's a weapons grade cunt but works well in the team, but no matter how good a player is, even if they are exceptional sometimes it's just unworkable. I don't know who or what to believe about just how bad KP was, but I think you have to say its equivocal at best whether he deserved to be binned, he certainly had previous anyway - I don't think he could have had too many genuine complaints had it happened after the SA/Strauss affair.

The thing is though, KP wasn't exceptional - yes he was flash, but his record was nothing like that of Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting, Sangrakarra, Kallis. He wasn't even statistically the best batsman in the team compared to Cook. And since the Ashes he's made nothing like a strong case for his reselection. I was sorry to hear that he'd been sacked, but I don't think there's enough evidence to say it was a stupid decision.

He's should be in the team on merit because he's consistently among our top scorers, series after series. And it's not just that he accumulates runs, he gets them in a way that changes and wins games. The decision to axe him is entirely political and fuck all to do with form.

To answer your question directly, he scored centuries against all the recent top class opposition he faced - Australia in the home series last summer, against India in the winter tour before that and against South Africa the summer before that.

Even in the disaster of an ashes tour last year he still topped the batting tables for England players.

His form isn't what it was but he's been England's top batter for years now. He might not be to everyone's tastes, he's got the wrong accent and he's prone to gifting his wicket away at times, but to suggest he doesn't deserve a place on merit is nonsense.

So as I thought he hasn't done it since he was dropped. I'm never argued against his past form just his current. I wasn't happy he got dropped but he's doing nothing to get himself back in.

I must admit having South Africans I'm playing for us doesn't sit particularly well with me like. The same with all sports I think you should play for the country you're born/raised in.

I don't have anything against him personally btw.

Edited by David Kelly

He's still be in the side if it was judged on form for England. He was dropped purely for clashes off the field. I feel a bit like Piers Morgan here but that's bullshit. Drop a player if they stop performing for you, not because he's unpopular.

I suppose if it's felt that his influence was disrupting the team as a whole it's fair enough to drop him for the good of the team. International crickets not like international football where you meet up once in a while and play one or two ninety minute games. They can spend months away together so I would imagine they need to get on more.

If it's a case of one or two people not getting on with him then shouldn't be enough reason to drop a player.

He's still be in the side if it was judged on form for England. He was dropped purely for clashes off the field. I feel a bit like Piers Morgan here but that's bullshit. Drop a player if they stop performing for you, not because he's unpopular.

I disagree it was purely for clashes off the field. He wasn't consistent enough to allow him to be such a disruptive influence. If he'd had the sort if summer Ian Bell had had last year I bet he wouldn't have been sacked. And to say he was unpopular is a bit of an understatement.

Interesting issues regarding the bowlers being so unpleasant to others. You could see it with Swann and Anderson, particularly. Always interesting to see how they looked when they dropped sitters or let the ball go under them :whistling:

Interesting issues regarding the bowlers being so unpleasant to others. You could see it with Swann and Anderson, particularly. Always interesting to see how they looked when they dropped sitters or let the ball go under them :whistling:

This is the thing. If Pietersen had an issue with this hes got a point. Hes apparently as bad though, was particularly rude to Carberry last winter who he didnt rate. He should never have been allowed back in after texting his old SA muckers tbh. ECB handled the whole thing appallingly. They reckon when Vaughn was captain and had the likes of Ashley Giles backing him Pietersen wasnt a problem because when he got uppity theyd just tell him "shut up Kev, stop being silly". Swann set up a piss taking twitter account instead :lol:

You cannot pick a player,however good he is,if he is a total cunt off the field.Don't forget,Downton noticed how disengaged he was ON the field when he flew out to Australia.How many times has he said `fuck it' and thrown his wicket away,and at times when England needed him to stay in.If his batting has won games then him throwing his wicket away has contributed greatly to England losing games.Yesterday's Mail reported that Pietersen had informed a team physio that if England were to lose the 3rd test in Perth ,his knee was `really going to play up' and he would agitate to leave the tour.To think some on here want him back in the team.Would he threaten to walk out again if England go 2 nil down against Australia.Then again,some on here would accept that behaviour because Pietersen can do what he wants both on and off the field.