The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What's he been saying?

If that wasn't a catch every catch he ever took should have been not out and if that'd been an England catch it would have been out.

Whingeing Ponce.

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

If that wasn't a catch every catch he ever took should have been not out and if that'd been an England catch it would have been out.

Whingeing Ponce.

Think you might need to take a breath and relax mate. McGrath is a decent bloke, who lost his wife to cancer when their kids were very young and he's spent a fair chunk of his life since raising money for cancer research.

But he makes some comment you don't like and he's a whingeing (sic) ponce.

Get a grip, it's fucking cricket.

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Think you might need to take a breath and relax mate. McGrath is a decent bloke, who lost his wife to cancer when their kids were very young and he's spent a fair chunk of his life since raising money for cancer research.

McGrath’s had a mare mind. It’s clear to anyone with a basic grasp of the rules of the game it’s not out.

McGrath: “ it’s a disgrace. I’ve seen a everything now”

right-o

Not taking anything away from the bloke. One of the greatest seamers of all time who has lived through personal tragedy. But he’s talking shite here 

42 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not taking anything away from the bloke. One of the greatest seamers of all time who has lived through personal tragedy. But he’s talking shite here 

I didn't hear the comment and to be honest when don't commentators talk absolute shite, with all sports - give me a BBC coverage of a 1950s FA Cup match when they just commentated and didn't give an opinion,

I'm just finding a couple of people on this board at the moment default to calling people names when they don't like something.

I should know better and to keep out of the cricket thread. Job done, thanks Gloomy.

Edited by sammynb

I know McGrath's wife died and he raised a lot of money for charity, but he can still be a bellend and need calling out for it.

And if you Aussies don't like it, you can stick it right up your didgeridoo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammynb said:

"Whingeing Ponce" was a play on words from you know "whingeing pom".

His circumstances (of which I was/am well aware) are of no relevance, he went on like a fucking big bairn, it was pathetic, as a comentator he's supposed to be objective, I mean maybe he should get a grip, it's only fucking cricket.

I like McGrath but he was wrong because he was (presumably) unaware of the specific law. You have to be in control of your movements as well as in control of the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

I like McGrath but he was wrong because he was (presumably) unaware of the specific law. You have to be in control of your movements as well as in control of the ball. 

That, and not putting the ball on the fucking ground.

Soon as I saw it, I thought surely that's not out.

They'll be at Ducket big time first thing today mind, Starc first up I reckon.

Hope it's gloriously sunny and pitch is absolutely dead, still can't see a win though, even if England could get close, Aussies'll go to the packed legside field shortball tactics and any runs will become massively high risk.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

That, and not putting the ball on the fucking ground.

Soon as I saw it, I thought surely that's not out.

They'll be at Ducket big time first thing today mind, Starc first up I reckon.

Hope it's gloriously sunny and pitch is absolutely dead, still can't see a win though, even if England could get close, Aussies'll go to the packed legside field shortball tactics and any runs will become massively high risk.

And, in the unlikely scenario it gets to that point, the batsmen will take the bait 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

And, in the unlikely scenario it gets to that point, the batsmen will take the bait 

aussies are overwhelming favourites. but as long as stokes is still at the crease, there is hope. a lot of these players played during the headingly run chase and know what he is capable of. hopefully that weighs on them mentally 

14 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Whingeing Ponce.

It was weird like. The  other TMS commentators seemed a bit embarrassed for him. That’s never been a catch in the history of cricket. I thought it  was cheating by Starc to even appeal for it. Not to mention poor fielding. Best thing I’ve seen is an Aussie paper saying it was correctly not out but they should change the law so it should’ve been out :lol: It’s actually a very clear and simple law and should absolutely not be tinkered with, least of all to accommodate sloppy fielding. If he’d caught it, slid in his knees, stopped and then put the ball to ground as he got up, that would be out. This was all in the same, single motion though. 
I agree with Sammy that McGrath’s a good bloke but his emotions seemed to get the better of him there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

aussies are overwhelming favourites. but as long as stokes is still at the crease, there is hope. a lot of these players played during the headingly run chase and know what he is capable of. hopefully that weighs on them mentally 

I hope it fucking rains all day 🙂 

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

"Whingeing Ponce" was a play on words from you know "whingeing pom".

Nice work.

I saw the controversy this afternoon at work and TBH it's all a mountain out of a mole hill but that's what drive the media these days.

Aas I said commentator shouldn't be giving opinions but that's what you get when you use ex-cricketers are commentators. They have biases.

A bit of a sad day for cricket yesterday with the Windies failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time ever 

• Like 3