The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ECB would never do it but they really need to go out there and get opinions from the likes of your Bothams, Boycotts and the rest.

Rather than at the moment as soon as anybody like our former greats dares to criticise they just come out and create outrage that these people are allowed an opinion.

The ECB would never do it but they really need to go out there and get opinions from the likes of your Bothams, Boycotts and the rest.

Rather than at the moment as soon as anybody like our former greats dares to criticise they just come out and create outrage that these people are allowed an opinion.

Boycott's video commentary of this holocaust of a world cup on the bbc sport website is well worth a watch

You also have someone like Vic Marks who talks so much common sense and you get the feeling Moores would rather (to pick a crazy example) lose to Bangladesh and crash out of the World Cup than use an idea someone else had thought of first.

You also have someone like Vic Marks who talks so much common sense and you get the feeling Moores would rather (to pick a crazy example) lose to Bangladesh and crash out of the World Cup than use an idea someone else had thought of first.

What a sly, vindictive bastard if that is true.

Look, I have no idea who this Moores bloke is but it is quite clear that he hasn't done the job well. :lol:

KP nicknamed him The Woodpecker in his book. Said he completely micro managed everything, which just didn't work after the way Fletcher let them all behave like adults and express themselves.

[emoji38] Class.

Great to see some of the recognition he is getting at the moment.

The way he plays his game you feel he could still be hanging in centuries W.G. Grace style!

Yep. I don't know how it is in the UK but here I feel like Sangakarra doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves. He's a brilliant cricketer.

Averages close to 60 in Tests while keeping wicket for the majority of his career. He's a better allrounder than Kallis who himself was the best all round cricketer since Sobers.

Close finish that one.

Yeah. Vettori is definitely underrated with the bat. I think he's got a few Test hundreds. Felt pretty good with him coming in at the end to finish it off.

Bangladesh are a decent side. They could really embarrass one of the bigger nations at this WC. Oh wait. ;)

He's got 6 test hundreds which is canny for someone who usually bats around no. 8. I remember him getting a few runs against England when he first broke into the test side back in the late 90s as a young kid. Had a few injury problems too otherwise he could've been looking at 400+ wickets and few more runs to boot. Good one day T20 bowler as well, as he uses flight and guile rather than producing prodigious spin. Looks like a proper dweeb anarl.

I see Trott's back in the test squad. Desperation or a sensible approach to a squad that needs some it's senior players to help out the promising younger lads?

Vaughan thinks they're looking for an opener for the Ashes and he did well on the Lions tour. I know he's a number 3 usually but it would make sense.