Burnley V Newcastle // Tuesday 2nd December // Turf Moor // KO 19.45

Anorthernsoul

Amateur night from Abeid, he was fucking rubbish. Embarrassing strikes of the ball at times. Two shots into Row Z and a diabolical corner right at the death. Offered nothing all night, barely at Colback/Anita level of recycling the ball. I want to like him and he's put in some good shifts over the winning run but he was atrocious.

Cabella our best player on the night despite only completing 45 minutes. No surprise that the end of our winning streak has coincided with Gouffran's return to the side, he is useless and we may as well be playing with 10 men. Even when he tracked back he was comically forced into conceding the foul by Boyd. Cisse may score from chances in the box but his all-around play is nonexistent. He brings no-one into the play and sometimes seems barely unable to control simple chest-high balls when outside the box.

Back to the same old shit from Pardew. Excuses prepared for January now that we've got some points on the board. Another chance to challenge the European places soon to be strangled in the crib.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First half best forgot, can't recall us being so fucking useless.

Pardew won't be sacked but he should be, his second half starting line-up is what he should have started in the beginning.

Why he didn't start Cabella I couldn't even guess at. Why he started Willo instead of Saylor I don't fucking know.

Why he put Riviere on when we needed a goal, I don't fucking know that either.

I'll gladly take the point,, it's better than none, but 3 were there to be had in the second half. That's 5 points doon the netty in 2 games, holy shit.

Perez was poor today.

Amateur night from Abeid, he was fucking rubbish. Embarrassing strikes of the ball at times. Two shots into Row Z and a diabolical corner right at the death. Offered nothing all night, barely at Colback/Anita level of recycling the ball. I want to like him and he's put in some good shifts over the winning run but he was atrocious.

Cabella our best player on the night despite only completing 45 minutes. No surprise that the end of our winning streak has coincided with Gouffran's return to the side, he is useless and we may as well be playing with 10 men. Even when he tracked back he was comically forced into conceding the foul by Boyd. Cisse may score from chances in the box but his all-around play is nonexistent. He brings no-one into the play and sometimes seems barely unable to control simple chest-high balls when outside the box.

Back to the same old shit from Pardew. Excuses prepared for January now that we've got some points on the board. Another chance to challenge the European places soon to be strangled in the crib.

Seriously? I thought Abeid was one of the better ones. The long range efforts were horrendous aye but I dont blame him for taking the occasional shot on considering the kind of quality we were producing from set pieces and out wide. Was pretty neat and tidy otherwise spraying the ball around especially in the second half.

First half best forgot, can't recall us being so fucking useless.

Pardew won't be sacked but he should be, his second half starting line-up is what he should have started in the beginning.

Why he didn't start Cabella I couldn't even guess at. Why he started Willo instead of Saylor I don't fucking know.

Why he put Riviere on when we needed a goal, I don't fucking know that either.

I'll gladly take the point,, it's better than none, but 3 were there to be had in the second half. That's 5 points doon the netty in 2 games, holy shit.

Perez was poor today.

Ayoze's touch is poor when faced with a prolonged spell of possession. Whereas everything done on instinct, quickly around the box is class. I don't think he trusts his all-round game yet.

He can't do the #10 role, yet.

Much better second half, trying to actually get something from the game can do wonders. Would have had a real chance of taking 3 points if we'd gone in with that attitude from the start.

Quality of our delivery into the box, from set pieces and in general, is so so poor. We got into so many decent crossing opportunities in the second half and fluffed nearly every single one. Its no wonder we dont score many. What the hell are the strikers supposed to feed on?

Cabella made a really strong case for himself tonight. Liveliest player by far. So he probably wont be starting on Saturday. Also fully expect to see Williamson start again too because he was all over the place today.

Seriously? I thought Abeid was one of the better ones. The long range efforts were horrendous aye but I dont blame him for taking the occasional shot on considering the kind of quality we were producing from set pieces and out wide. Was pretty neat and tidy otherwise spraying the ball around especially in the second half.

Agreed, he was just trying to get some shots on goal like, unlike everybody else.

They dont want you to open the pitch up. You have to take more risks than we did in that first half. There is a reward if you take risks.

The pitch was tricky. It was icing up so I brought some extra technical players on and we took more risks and got our reward for it.

Sometimes you have to take risks in the Premier League.

Fuck the fuck off.

They dont want you to open the pitch up. You have to take more risks than we did in that first half. There is a reward if you take risks.

The pitch was tricky. It was icing up so I brought some extra technical players on and we took more risks and got our reward for it.

Fuck the fuck off.

Sounds like a dinosaur manager talking out of his ass

Fuck the fuck off.

Coming from a man who took 0 risks tonight.

We're on a slippery slope and sliding down the table and I can see us sliding further down when looking at the upcoming fixtures. Can't see us getting any points against Chelsea.

With Pardew's ineptness at putting the right players on the pitch, and our inability to capitalize on the many scoring chances we get, I'm living a frustrated life, nee good fer an owld gadgee whe's past his sell-by date.

Seen a lot of people saying it was a point rescued, or a point won, not me. That was 2 points dropped. Pardew's timidity was yet again our undoing. Burnley are awful and if we can't take 6 points off them... well I don't know what to say about that.
Yes we had injuries, but the team we ended the game with was better than the team we started and those that started were either doubts or rubbish. Gouffran, ffs, he offers not but graft. At least when Jonas did that his work rate was out-standing and he'd win freekicks, corners, throw ins etc.
Cabella came on and played in the middle (where he should be) and bossed the 2nd half, why didn't he start? because Pardew wants "'onest, 'ardwewkin' grafters" Ignoring the fact that Cabella does work hard AND has an end product.
Williamson is awful when not alongside Colo, Taylor isn't much better but unfortunately our 2nd best centre back is away on loan at Roma.
Haidara had a poor game, but there's not much we can do about that.
Abeid was decent, needs to make better decisions, but that will come with maturity.
Elliott is so many magnitudes of terrible I'd break the keyboard if I tried to express it. I'm looking forward to Darlow and that's just because he's not Elliott.

Cabella is now the player who comes off the bench to replace either of our wingers, a striker or an attacking midfielder. Last night, on for Perez playing in the middle and gave us a lot more control and sharpened up our passing, shifted wide when Sammy went off and then Pardew brings on Riviere.

Hes never going to settle without a consistent position will end up becoming worse for it and then get shipped out after a spat with Pardew.

Cabella is now the player who comes off the bench to replace either of our wingers, a striker or an attacking midfielder. Last night, on for Perez playing in the middle and gave us a lot more control and sharpened up our passing, shifted wide when Sammy went off and then Pardew brings on Riviere.

Hes never going to settle without a consistent position will end up becoming worse for it and then get shipped out after a spat with Pardew.

Bonkers as his best game would come when playing with mobile, thoughtful forward thinking players. Not when we're chasing the game.

Seen a lot of people saying it was a point rescued, or a point won, not me. That was 2 points dropped. Pardew's timidity was yet again our undoing. Burnley are awful and if we can't take 6 points off them... well I don't know what to say about that.

Mostly the media I think. The same people who remind us 5 times a day that Pardew is the second longest serving manger in the league. Think the commentators mentioned it at least thrice yesterday during the game alone. One of them also seemed to think Pardew has handled himself with 'remarkable dignity' during the tough times here. And that we're all a generally ungrateful overambitious overly expectant lot etc etc. Pricks.

Agree about Haidara. He's been poor recently. Kind of looking forward to Santon's return.

Alan Pardew acknowledged his patched-up side’s first-half display had been lacklustre. “It was hard to watch, I was pleased to see our fans stayed for the second half,” the Newcastle manager said. “Burnley close you down, you have to take more risks against them than we were doing. We took risks in the second half and it worked. We put Rémy Cabella on for his technical ability and we got a reward. He’s only an eight stone Frenchman but he played like a rugby prop forward.”

What the fuck was gouffran playing for? We took no "risks" (ie played no actual football) because of the players he selected, any one of us on here could've predicted that first half on seeing the line up, how can he not?

The best you can say about Pardew is hes mediocre. Hes not much of an advance on Allardyce when he was here...both are negative overly cautious managers who generally favour hard working brawny types and try to stop the oppo playing. The irony is WHU look a far better team than us....in fact Allardyce looks the better manager, and I fucking hate Allardyce.

Well i'm not kind of looking forward to a defender returning who cannot defend nor kick with his left foot.

I have no idea what this means?