Terrorism

aimaad22

After the IRA bombed bishops gate in the CoL in the mid nineties I remember being stopped in my van by armed police at sentry boxes at all main entry points into the city including London Bridge. Obviously I don't know whether this would have made a blind bit of difference to last nights horrifying incident but it may be a start to actually do something instead of waiting around for the next attack.

Reports of folk in bars fighting back with glasses and chairs when these fuckers charged in last night. Bit of a cliche to say and possibly inappropriate but for me that's us, that's the spirit of ordinary British folk. In my parents lifetime we've had the blitz and a quarter of a century of the IRA. We're not easily cowed by psychopaths. Not that any of that is any consolation to the victims and anyone connected to them this morning :( 

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

British foreign policy hasn't changed for years. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria. It's daft to think more of the same is going to defeat terrorism

Corbyn might have zero effect on it all but I'm not sure what we've got to lose giving him a bash if he gets into no.10

Even if Corbyn wins and we cease invading countries in the Middle East, this threat is here to stay. These are home grown terrorists who are at war with our way of life. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Even if Corbyn wins and we cease invading countries in the Middle East, this threat is here to stay. These are home grown terrorists who are at war with our way of life. 

Yep, agree with you on this. Corbyn's policies like putting more police on the streets and avoiding invading other countries will probably make a difference over the long term but the short term threat is here to stay.

And if people like Hopkins and other right wing commentators are anything to go by, the terrorists are winning. Our way of life is definitely going to be changed if these people get their way.

I don't know what the answer is. There really isn't much you can do to stop someone turning a car into a killing machine or attacking people at random with knives. Apparently, according to eye witness accounts, one of those attacked was a pregnant woman. These are barbarians we're dealing with, not human beings.

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Theresa May alluding to racial profiling now

ffs

Does that even make sense? What is racial profiling going to offer us that we don't already know? Surely the problem we've got in identifying these people is that the vast majority of brown people arent terrorists, and that therefore they're impossible to pick out based on ethnicity alone. 

I think what she's talking about is the Saudi based hate preachers who are coming in to mainstream mosques all the time.

There was a young Muslim girl on QT after the Manchester attack who couldn't understand why this is so common in her community and that they need stopping. She was quite impressive and well informed on the subject.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think what she's talking about is the Saudi based hate preachers who are coming in to mainstream mosques all the time.

There was a young Muslim girl on QT after the Manchester attack who couldn't understand why this is so common in her community and that they need stopping. She was quite impressive and well informed on the subject.

Possibly but I'm not sure locking up hate preachers should be a difficult decision

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Did you see her speech just now?

Lots of ambiguous remarks about having to change our approach in the uk, getting tougher which will require some uncomfortable conversations/decisions 

Sounds like she's considering internment if she's PM on Friday morning. . Playing up to Hokins and her acolytes and the best recruiting tool isis could possibly have....."but at least we'd be doing something"...

Hmmm, I've just rewatched it and it's pretty ambiguous. She appears to be addressing Muslim communities though and accusing them of being isolated from the British way of living

Shes also laying some blame at the door of internet providers. Which is a bit daft imo

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think May was pretty spot on.

i liken this (what the young lady talks about on QT) to the immigration debate. For years politicians ignored voters concerns about immigration and the conversation was closed down leading to UKIP / BNP / Brexit. They should have took it on, talked more about the benefits and addressed the underlying concerns.

Now we have the PC brigade frightened to discuss these sort of preaching going on within our communities. Not the severest hate preachers, but pretty close and very unhealthy for promoting a multi cultural society. 

Im sure that lady represents the right way to sort this out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

They're not illegal.

Its happening in Moslem communities all over Europe, most worryingly in Bosnia Herzogovina where the relative poverty of the Muslim population leaves them extreamly vulnerable to the vast wealth of the Saudi backed hadrassas. I read a horrifying article on it a while back, reckon there's thousands of poor Muslim kids being trained for jihad right on western Europes doorstep. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hmmm, I've just rewatched it and it's pretty ambiguous. She appears to be addressing Muslim communities though and accusing them of being isolated from the British way of living

Shes also laying some blame at the door of internet providers. Which is a bit daft imo

Control of the internet is one of her policies though isn't it so she might as well take the opportunity

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The idea of this government doing anything to upset the Saudis... :lol:

Exactly, but it's been that way with them under all governments for decades. Money talks I guess until it's your own lot that's shedding blood.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I think May was pretty spot on.

i liken this (what the young lady talks about on QT) to the immigration debate. For years politicians ignored voters concerns about immigration and the conversation was closed down leading to UKIP / BNP / Brexit. They should have took it on, talked more about the benefits and addressed the underlying concerns.

Now we have the PC brigade frightened to discuss these sort of preaching going on within our communities. Not the severest hate preachers, but pretty close and very unhealthy for promoting a multi cultural society. 

Im sure that lady represents the right way to sort this out.

Aye but you would crawl through broken glass just to sniff May's shit so it's hardly a balanced opinion 

This whole "Pray for London" shit that is all ower Facebook after these attacks does my tits in btw

You can't crack down on Islamic extremism in terms of what they are and are not allowed to say without doing the same thing to all 'extreme' discussion. So she'll be going for the far right and left as well.

Also, worth pointing out, that if we start cracking down on free speech, our values and way of life have indeed been compromised by terrorism, ergo, they have won.

That minor detail aside, May is going to use this in her bid for greater surveillance and the further curtailment of civil liberties. I'm amazed anyone on the right is actually ok with that.

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Its happening in Moslem communities all over Europe, most worryingly in Bosnia Herzogovina where the relative poverty of the Muslim population leaves them extreamly vulnerable to the vast wealth of the Saudi backed hadrassas. I read a horrifying article on it a while back, reckon there's thousands of poor Muslim kids being trained for jihad right on western Europes doorstep. 

I must admit I didn't realise it was as bad as that here til I heard that lady and read a bit more. As I've said, I think recent attacks are now probably starting to focus minds within governments and Muslim communities. 

Sounds like a good starting point but even then I think we are now stuck in a world where the "loser" with a hope of getting his rewards in the afterlife will become just as common as those high school shooters in America.

12 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The idea of this government doing anything to upset the Saudis... :lol:

Our relationship with those animals couldn't get more uncomfortable or embarrassing, maybe that's what she's talking about