Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's any truth to it then can meathead Carver get us 13 points in 18 games?

4 wins and a draw.

3 wins and 4 draws.

2 wins and 7 draws.

1 win and 10 draws.

13 draws?

On his showing so far I'm not convinced.

The news about Rangers is depressing, I was holding on to the notion that he might prefer them to us, and that one day they'd be our saving grace. Now it seems he'd have to divest himself of us very quickly for that to happen. What a shame - guess we're stuck with him.

He's not going to pay off anyone else's contract so it's meathead or a cheap free agent who either see us as too big an opportunity to pass up or, more likely, a stepping stone to a proper club.

Carver until the summer when Ashley sells.

You tease.

If the SFA, the FA & UEFA stir themselves from a post Bunga-Bunga hangover long enough to muster the energy to give a shit, the issues surrounding owning two clubs who can have Europe as a concern, might just be enough to force Ashley's hand earlier than the 2016 timeframe that was hinted to at the last Fans Forum thing.

However it's just as likely that Ashley would remain at Newcastle as this is a game he knows how to play, and play well.

This is no different to our pretendy bids for strikers that we know will be turned down.

Carver til the summer with the carrot of De Boer dangled for the fans, then in 6 months, 'we couldn't get him over the line .....'

This is no different to our pretendy bids for strikers that we know will be turned down.

Carver til the summer with the carrot of De Boer dangled for the fans, then in 6 months, 'we couldn't get him over the line .....'

I don't think it'll be De Boer, but I do think it'll be one of the European crowd.

Pretendy bids for strikers are one thing; Ashley & co will believe they can maintain Premier League status with a weak squad. The head coach role however, will need someone capable in place.

Time to be very afraid....Tim Sherwood has come in from 14/1 to 2/1 according to skybet...don't think anyone's been as short as twos...

Bookies haven't got a clue mate. They're reflecting betting trends not likelihood.

Betting usually means fuck all tbh, it's just an indication of where the money is going.

From the start Sherwood was my favourite for the post like, simply because of him meeting all of Ashley's previous criteria of employing managers.

Didn't he turn down previous roles because he wants to stay in London?

Sure he turned the West Brom one down as they wouldn't let him bring all of his backroom staff with him.

He does seem like a good choice tbh, Bernard said in the Chronicle that Garde is good at bringing through youth and is an excellent coach. I'm happy if they're going to take their time and pick out of blokes of his quality, if it's out of Garde, Clement, De Boer and co and they take a couple more weeks it's not problem as in all honestly it'd be a tough ask to walk in with Chelsea and Southampton the first two games. If they spend weeks faffing on and bring in a chancer like Sherwood they can fuck clean off.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-clamour-remi-garde-next-8396841

:lol: Or we could all listen to Micky Quinn's analysis which basically amounts to "who the fucks this Remi Garde fella? you want Stevie Bruce in the job man"

Edited by Howay

I'm afraid Mickey Quinn's comments don't count as analysis. I agree with you Howay....not that I'm particular au fait with the likes of de Boer, Garde, Tuchel, Clement etc but all of them sound qualified to take us forward. tbh anybody better than half decent will be a step up from Pardew and the chuckle brothers as coaches....hopefully with the added bonus of not talking complete shite in the press and blaming everyone else for his own failings. I must say I'm enjoying the absence of Pardew in that respect.

Edited by Kitman