Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Remi Garde?

The trail went very, very cold in the last seven days. Before then, French sources were adamant that he had got the job. He was talking freely – although off-the-record – back home and it appeared as if he was a shoo-in for a role he certainly wanted. He even commentated on the Manchester City-Arsenal game for French TV and dropped a huge hint that he was coming to Tyneside. He went quiet a week ago and mystery surrounds just what happened.

i wonder if it had anything to do with the pay packet on offer and the job description :lol:

There's a tiny piece of me that thinks Ashley has been changing course in an oil tanker. That once we've a new coach our progress will still be slow and resistant to change, but it will be progress.

That's my hope. I don't think it's an unreasonable nor an irrational hope.

My expectation is that Ashley will get us as a boring stable mid-table club and look to sell us close to his (inflated) valuation. I have no timeframe for this.

fucking hell. and you're the optimist on here :lol:

i wonder if it had anything to do with the pay packet on offer and the job description :lol:

It is interesting that the one bloke we've been told that we spoke to, seems now one of the least likely to come. Is this the press putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5 or are we just waiting for him in the summer?

Stupid fucking tax return has me reading all this guff..

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150128/carver-our-season-is-not-over_2281670_4446694

"We've done plenty of work on that on the training pitch and hopefully that little bit of luck we need will fall our way this weekend.

Carver setting out his stall nicely there. If Bobby and Gary don't help him out it will doubtless be seance against him.

"Everybody on the outside is talking about our season petering away but I am not going to allow that to happen.

"Those who are saying that don't know me, don't know the people around me and don't know this group of players. We're much more professional than that."

So the anyone who thinks this season will peter away doesn't know the people involved? You mean the same people who let the season peter away last year John? Aye nice one you fucking mug!

It is interesting that the one bloke we've been told that we spoke to, seems now one of the least likely to come. Is this the press putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5 or are we just waiting for him in the summer?

I think it's a little bit of both.

No not outlandish, and Pardew has proven there's profit to be had even from the touchline.

I think it's possible, yes. Given past decisions and the questionable truths in the present you can either view proceedings neutrally, with despair or with hope. I think it takes impressive resolve (this is the politest word I can muster) to even manage neutral, never mind hope.

As I've stated previously, I have zero hope left for the club anyway. I come on this board for a bit of idle banter and a break from work. And to stir up Fish, obviously.

Be under no illusions, if I still cared enough I'd be in the 'despair' camp.

Re: Leazes, he recently followed an OIe Sodeberg account I once made years ago for a joke.

And has also sent me a couple of tweets asking if you're still banning him for being right about MA.

And has probably said "You know the problem with..." about 30 different subjects in the last week.