Pardew Loving Cathword I am

salsaman7

the point i am trying to make is.....

1) poor (boring) football can grind out results 1-0 or get a draw when we would usually get beat getting earning a 7th place finish by getting points we would usually miss out on

Flip side

2) play good (entertaining) football but get beat 4-3 or 3-2 in games we should be winning or drawing dropping points trying to score more goals instead of wrapping the game up. ive seen games where we have been 1-0 up chase a second goal but end up drawing 1-1. Thus finishing 11th

Which one would you pick?

Are you CT?

Are you CT?

Are you CT in disguise?

Are you C-hee T-hee in disguise?

How many teams who finish 7th play shit football and are shit to watch? How many teams that finish seventh regularly get twatted by 3+ and always have a negative goal difference? Anyway, here's another little ditty for you......

You shall get a Fishy,

On a little dishy,

You shall get a Fishy,

When the bite comes in.

:good:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes

Sorry but that's a nonsense.. Pardew (who've you'd admitted isn't a very good manager) managed to get Newcastle United to 5th without breaking the restrictions of Mike Ashley.

So 7th isn't the limit of Newcastle United under Mike Ashley. That's a demonstrable fact.

Sorry but that's a nonsense.. Pardew (who've you'd admitted isn't a very good manager) managed to get Newcastle United to 5th without breaking the restrictions of Mike Ashley.

So 7th isn't the limit of Newcastle United under Mike Ashley. That's a demonstrable fact.

Pardew is an average manager who had players that hit form at the right time while other clubs were not doing so well

lets look at teams that have tried to play decent football ans failed

West Brom 2010 - relegated

QPR 2013 - Relegated

Wigan 2013 - relegated

norwich 2013 relegated

Birmingham 2012 relegated

And two of them won cups as well the deluded fools!!!! They'll never learn, will they Salsaman7/CT/Lee Charnley? :lol:

lets look at teams that have tried to play decent football ans failed

West Brom 2010 - relegated

QPR 2013 - Relegated

Wigan 2013 - relegated

norwich 2013 relegated

Birmingham 2012 relegated

Now list the rest of the teams that've played football and survived or flourished, beside that you should list the teams that play bad football and go down... y'know for completeness.

Now list the rest of the teams that've played football and survived or flourished, beside that you should list the teams that play bad football and go down... y'know for completeness.

Well we play some shit football under Pardew and stay up. There's one success story right there. What the fuck, sorry, fuck you want, man? ;)

That is our place under Ashley. Newcastle should aim to finish between 7th and 12th every season under MA. I never said be happy with it. Under the restrictions this is it

Load of shit! Look at Southampton and West Ham this season! They're fighting near the top of the table now when most thought they'd be relegation candidates or struggle.

Pardew drove any hope out of fans with his management of getting any better, Hughton was the opposite, we knew he wasn't the best manager out there but never once stopped us hoping. That's what I want back, to have hope in the team as we know it can be done as Hughton worked under Ashley but had us behind everything he done.

Load of shit! Look at Southampton and West Ham this season! They're fighting near the top of the table now when most thought they'd be relegation candidates or struggle.

Pardew drove any hope out of fans with his management of getting any better, Hughton was the opposite, we knew he wasn't the best manager out there but never once stopped us hoping. That's what I want back, to have hope in the team as we know it can be done as Hughton worked under Ashley but had us behind everything he done.

Difference is they are playing well because the managers have brought in players they wanted. A director of football and scout didnt say ''heres 6 new players crack on''. they have built teams. not a group of players put together because they are cheap with potential sell on value.

pardew - better than carver, just saying :)

:lol: Don't think anyone thought Carver was better. Carver's just a fat, slightly thicker, charver version of Pardew. I don't want him at the club either.

Most people wrote off the season we came 5th as a fluke because we played shit football. Not sure what it means for the question but I think it supports the point that you can do well in the league playing unattractive football.

I agree with Salsa's main point which is that Pardew has never been given the resources to flourish as a manager under Ashley. You can't, as Fish did earlier in this thread, argue that Ashley doesn't invest properly in the club AND at the same time argue Pardew had a bunch of players who were capable of performing at a much higher level than he achieved with them.

If Pardew's squad was good enough, then Ashley's investments were worthy of commendation. If Ashley has failed to invest and sold our best players (etc) then Pardew's squad was not good enough. I think people find it difficult to reconcile these two legitimate points of view.

There is a general dissonance amongst our support about Ashley and Pardew which is understandable ultimately as singing 'get out of our club' to the fat bastard was inevitably going nowhere as a piece of collective constructive criticism. The ire that was directed at Pardew was imbued with a lingering and deeply felt frustration with the owners lack of ambition.

In short, Pardew bore the brunt of the fans frustration with the club as a whole. And possibly football itself.

:)

Sorry Chez, but I think it is possible to say Ashley hasn't invested enough and that Pardew has underachieved with the team he's had. It's not an either or situation for me.

5th was a fluke, but the other seasons were poor, add to that the (less quantifiable) quality of football we're playing with the players at his disposal... it's perfectly reasonable to say Pardew held the team back even if Ashley is holding the club back at the same time.