Carver has some explaning to do!

salsaman7

Pardew must inspire people to brown nose him no matter how well they know him - just caught that Millen bloke from Palace on SSN saying Pardew has "an outstanding record" as a manager. Maybe Carver is the victim of a master hypnotist.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in gods name would start with grafters and then hope flair will save the day? I mean, given the unpredictable nature of flair, surely it's wiser to start with the surprise package, then bring on the hard workers later. That way, if you're winning, they can run down the game, if you're drawing or losing they can take advantage of tired legs...

Nothing inspires a flair player to graft more than sitting on the bench watching cloggers who're consistently shit consistently start ahead of them.

Imagine being good at football and watching Gouffran offering nothing for 75 minutes before the boss tells you to go on and change the game. It's a fucking nonsense.

We're a top ten side that can start a balanced side with both flair and application. Look at all the grafting sides that get relegated, the fans moaning that not only are they going down, but they've gone down without an ounce of joy. You want us to play like that and that baffles me.

I want to watch entertaining football when possible and competent football when it's not. I don't think my way guarantees relegation, I think your way guarantees a shit time for all.

I think you're stating your fears as absolute.

You must see that it's reasonable to expect a manager that plays a more entertaining style than a man like Pardew does. I would say there are more managers around our level playing better football than him, so the likelihood is that the football is going to improve. It might not, but I think it's a little odd to state we won't get a manager playing entertaining football.

What managers? Name 5 that you think that A)

Newcastle could attract and B) that would work

Under MA regime

Galtier

De Boer

Roger Schmidt

Howe

Karanka

Garde

Tuchel (according to TooJ anyway)

And I don't even have the benefit of a global scouting network, nor peers who could steer me in the right direction.

flair takes advatage of tired legs. grafters track back and keep us in the game. we are a mid table side that can't afford to start 'turn up when you want' flair players

Clear case of Pardavirus here.

we are a mid table side that can't afford to start 'turn up when you want' flair players

You're the type of fan the media wants us to be, or thinks we should be.

The fans have now been Pardewed :(

What managers? Name 5 that you think that A)

Newcastle could attract and B) that would work

Under MA regime

As long as Mike Ashley is helped to realize we need a good manager and not a shite one, I see no trouble getting a splendid manager working for us. Its our job as fans to expect that from the fat one, and convince the clueless sack of lard to get us what our club need. If you expect shite thats what Ashley happily will give you, but we dont want that here at Newcastle United so please expect better or leave.

Galtier

De Boer

Roger Schmidt

Howe

Karanka

Garde

Tuchel (according to TooJ anyway)

And I don't even have the benefit of a global scouting network, nor peers who could steer me in the right direction.

Ashley isn't looking at any of those man :lol:

Ashley isn't looking at any of those man :lol:

It must be fairly bleak in your world.

None of us have any idea who Ashley is or isn't looking at, but that wasn't the question I was asked. I was asked who is better than Pardew & would work under Ashley.

That was the point I think.

Sorry, what was the point?

Salsaman stated there are no managers better than Pardew that would work under Ashley and asked me to come up with 5.

I came up with 6

Dr Gloom states we're definitely not talking to any of them.

I didn't say we were talking to them, just that those managers are both better than Pardew & would work under Ashley.

Nobody knows who Ashley is or isn't talking to, or if he's even had meetings on it yet.

It must be fairly bleak in your world.

None of us have any idea who Ashley is or isn't looking at, but that wasn't the question I was asked. I was asked who is better than Pardew & would work under Ashley.

supporting newcastle under ahsley is a bleak world, it's not set up that way for my benefit, it's the reality we have lived with the past decade. do you live elsewhere?

i don't agree that any half decent manager would work for the cunt either.

happy to be proven wrong here, but i don't see ashley appointing anyone other than someone no one wants. just look at the last few appointments before you get your hopes up.

Edited by Dr Gloom