January Transfers 2015

salsaman7

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed while reading that about Shola that they also have an article about Perez to Arsenal or Manure. I was hoping we'd keep him for a year at least but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sold earlier.

The line 'Newcastle are known to sell their best players' was particularly heartening!

I noticed while reading that about Shola that they also have an article about Perez to Arsenal or Manure. I was hoping we'd keep him for a year at least but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sold earlier.

The line 'Newcastle are known to sell their best players' was particularly heartening!

He can't be registered for 3 different clubs in one season. So we've got him until the summer, unless there's a way they can circumvent that if he goes on loan? However given his importance to our survival, I can't imagine that happening either.

He can't be registered for 3 different clubs in one season. So we've got him until the summer, unless there's a way they can circumvent that if he goes on loan? However given his importance to our survival, I can't imagine that happening either.

Are you talking about Shola or Perez? :boogie:

Would he have been registered for Teneriffe this season? I would doubt it, he was our first signing was he not?

Edit: Judging by the thread on him we signed him in June. I can't imagine that he's been registered as a Teneriffe player this season.

Edited by David Kelly

Would he have been registered for Teneriffe this season? I would doubt it, he was our first signing was he not?

Not sure how it breaks down; is it a calendar timeline or seasons? Wouldn't the latter cause problems with countries whose league season is sufficiently different to European clubs?

Not sure how it breaks down; is it a calendar timeline or seasons? Wouldn't the latter cause problems with countries whose league season is sufficiently different to European clubs?

I think it's seasons but I could easily be a wrong as you were when you said he'd be Amalfianto MkII ;)

I think it's seasons but I could easily be a wrong as you were when you said he'd be Amalfianto MkII ;)

Did I say he would be, or could be?

Probably "will be" but I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. It happens too many times for it to be a problem anymore.

Ashley will want to keep him another season just to prove that he is not a 1 season wonder. Then his price will really go up.

Did I say he would be, or could be?

Probably "will be" but I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. It happens too many times for it to be a problem anymore.

You didn't make the distinction but you were far from the only one writing him off at that point. Xisco and Marcelino's names were being mentioned.

You didn't make the distinction but you were far from the only one writing him off at that point. Xisco and Marcelino's names were being mentioned.

I was probably in the throws of 13/14 hangover, loathing the club and everything to do with it.

Then comes Ferreyra and that green shoot of hope bursts through the pile off dogshit.

Now where are we? Once more squinting skywards as a massive german shepherd begins to shake.

can't we get him anyway and keep Santon

That would require outlay and a modicum of ambition Ant, can't be messing about like that they're running a business.

I'm sure Ashley has been loving all of this btw, first he gets paid to shift Pardew and then Pardew leaving covers up the fact we're doing next to fuck all in the window.

Niang definitely isn't what we need though.

Talented player but has massive attitude problems and he's quite lazy at times on the pitch.

Don't mind a bit of laziness if the person is guaranteed to give you some end product on the pitch but at the moment that's definitely not him.

Niang definitely isn't what we need though.

Talented player but has massive attitude problems and he's quite lazy at times on the pitch.

Don't mind a bit of laziness if the person is guaranteed to give you some end product on the pitch but at the moment that's definitely not him.

If he is quite lazy he will feel right at home at SJP>

This transfer window's fucking woeful, we're barely even being linked to people.

Well we don't have a manager

its been pretty dire for interesting moves from others as well tbh, no ones going mad.

FFP at work?