Newcastle United v Southampton

PaddockLad

Cardew/Pardew same-o same-o.

Gouffran should NOT have started but he did thanks to Cardew.

Gouffran should have been taken off at half-time but he wasn't, thanks to Cardew.

Gouffran got injured and had to be taken off, not a tactical move by Cardew.

Willo on when we're chasing the game, brilliant tactical move by Cardew.

Why didn't Cardew make use of Santon and Abeit, they were on the bench available.

Why didn't Cardew start Sammy ahead of Gouffran.

We could have won that game had a more knowledgeable person been in charge. There were good scoring chances we missed.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we have a single shot on target? That was the worst we've played all season at home. It was so fucking hopeless it's unreal.

The only positive I can think of is that carver barely got off his seat the whole game (second half at least when I started watching him). He looked completely like someone who knew he wasn't keeping his job and after moving Sissoko to a defensive midfield position when rivière came on, there's absolutely no way he should.

If he was going to take Anita off he should have brought on Abeid.

One of the things I like about this season is that I don't really care that much. We know what the bastard is about and we now have the most boring existence you can have.

Southampton are a decent side and their movement off the ball was better than ours, but it was a shit game, really shit, dull and everything this fat bastard has imposed upon us. It is evil I know, but I pray for a Harding style ending.

I recently posted regarding our lack of anticipating danger in defence ,and our poor reaction to it.For both goals Janmaat was guilty of both but as he's ( nearly ) everyone's favourite defender/player on here,he hasn't received criticism for his lack of anticipation,his slow reactions and not getting a tackle in.

I recently posted regarding our lack of anticipating danger in defence ,and our poor reaction to it.For both goals Janmaat was guilty of both but as he's ( nearly ) everyone's favourite defender/player on here,he hasn't received criticism for his lack of anticipation,his slow reactions and not getting a tackle in.

He was at fault for the 1st (not to down play how poor Krul was), but he did nothing wrong for the second imo. He got a block in and it was just misfortune that took the ball into the net rather than past it.

I'd say that Janmaat is our best defender and has consistently been playing at a much higher level than he managed yesterday.

You're like the "fans" delighting in how well Pardew has started at Palace.

Carragher made a decent case that Janmaat should have been better positioned for their second, especially given that there was nobody attacking his side of the pitch. He basically gave him the room instead of tucking in and covering Colo who had gone to attack the ball.

Too slow to react after not anticipating the danger on both goals.It was there for all to see.We all saw it and as usual some are refusing to say it the way it was due to their love and reluctance to EVER criticise Janmaat's defending. He is more weak in defence than strong in attack.He doesn't create or score goals and he has been at fault for a number of goals conceded.I'd rather have a strong defender than a good overlapping defender.We also have the worry of Santon coming back into the team.Give me Craig and Clark in their prime than our two international defenders.Give me Vennison and Bez over Janmaat and Santon.Give me Nattress or Hughes over Janmaat and Santon.Watson and Elliott were better.