John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

Nope.

We've covered the myriad reasons why it makes no sense, even to someone as ignorant of football as Charnley.

appointing joe kinnear twice made no sense either.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

appointing joe kinnear twice made no sense either.

True, but can you lay out the reasons why Carver will get the head coach job?

You'll get stuck after "He's cheap".

He's like value-price bin bags, everybody knows they're a false economy.

Being pessimistic about my shitty football club equals "fuck me you're an anxious bloke!"?

Righto :lol:

You're not in the slightest bit nervy about Charnley being stupid enough to give Carver the job?

Well I'll say it, I fucking am. Ashley might do it just to piss us off again because his feelings were hurt that we sang nasty songs about him on Sunday. We were all terrified about it during the run-in, why is it now that the danger has passed that Carver will be appointed full time? Because Ashley will have learned from his mistakes? Sorry, he doesn't do that trick.

If not Carver it'll be someone of commensurate shitness. O'Leary perhaps? Dennis Wise? Malky Mackay?

True, but can you lay out the reasons why Carver will get the head coach job?

You'll get stuck after "He's cheap".

He's like value-price bin bags, everybody knows they're a false economy.

He'll point to the injury record.What we have to worry about is how feckless/spineless Charnley is. Sadly I suspect he is about as much use as a dead jellyfish conducting an orchestra. So Carver.

:lol:

You lot man.

You suck all the joy out of a shit season where we survive on the last day thanks to other teams being turbo shit.

Nope.

We've covered the myriad reasons why it makes no sense, even to someone as ignorant of football as Charnley.

As someone who made this point in January I'm less inclined to be so confident in the view now.

Could be literally anyone, from Carver to Steve Stone to Laudrup. We've got no clue.

As someone who made this point in January I'm less inclined to be so confident in the view now.

Could be literally anyone, from Carver to Steve Stone to Laudrup. We've got no clue.

Was it Carver's temporary appointment that changed your mind?

The reason we have no clue is that the people charged with picking our new manager have no clue either!

yeah, this.

don't try to predict who it'll be using any logic, fish. this is ashley we're talking about. i don't think anyone knows how his mind works.

i'd hope it isn't carver, or anyone as shit, but i wouldn't be too confident.

that said, fish, you were right about us not going down ... just. maybe lightening will strike twice.

Was it Carver's temporary appointment that changed your mind?

Carver and Hughton and Beardsley and Charnley and the mission statement from NUFC that said...

"The Board will concentrate on Newcastle United's stability by promoting from within where possible."

Carver and Hughton and Beardsley and Charnley and the mission statement from NUFC that said...

"The Board will concentrate on Newcastle United's stability by promoting from within where possible."

if that's the case, god help us.

Aren't they redrafting the mission statement?

The reason we have no clue is that the people charged with picking our new manager have no clue either!

I'm not sure who it will be, but I am sure who it won't be.

Carver has been universally pilloried, has managed a whopping 12pts from a possible 60, took us our worst run in Premier League history (if not of all time?), he's embarrassed himself in front of the press, fell out with players, and... I mean I could go on, but we all know he's now famously useless.

If the only argument in his favour is his bargain basement cost, I think it's reasonable to expect even the likes of Charnley would be aware of how bad he is at his job.

It's nigh impossible to argue that it is now feasible to promote anyone from within to fill the Head Coach position.

I'm not sure who it will be, but I am sure who it won't be.

Carver has been universally pilloried, has managed a whopping 12pts from a possible 60, took us our worst run in Premier League history (if not of all time?), he's embarrassed himself in front of the press, fell out with players, and... I mean I could go on, but we all know he's now famously useless.

If the only argument in his favour is his bargain basement cost, I think it's reasonable to expect even the likes of Charnley would be aware of how bad he is at his job.

As others have said, Carver could argue that he hasn't been given a fair crack as the squad he was given was awful to begin with. Let's face it we had a shit start to the season under Pardew when just about everyone was fit so you could argue Carver has point when he's said he couldn't do more with what was left. Add to that the fact he's cheap and it's promoting from within which is what they like and there's your reasons for him to get the job!

As others have said, Carver could argue that he hasn't been given a fair crack as the squad he was given was awful to begin with. Let's face it we had a shit start to the season under Pardew when just about everyone was fit so you could argue Carver has point when he's said he couldn't do more with what was left. Add to that the fact he's cheap and it's promoting from within which is what they like and there's your reasons for him to get the job!

Not buying it, I think this another instance of predicting the worse possible thing that could happen will definitely happen.

He may be cheap, and he may be "from within", but he's not up to the job and had a 20 game interview, where he fell astonishingly short.

The players didn't respond to him, the tactics were unsound, the goals dried up and the defence was as porous.

I'd maybe think there was a possibility if we'd finished where we did, but did so comfortably with 3 draws instead of the final win, but he was so spectacularly bad, I just cannot see it.

i hope that even the buffoons running the club aren't moronic enough to appoint carver after he spectacularly failed his audition.

but even if they don't, i have zero confidence in them replacing him with anyone any of us really want in charge - we have zero chance of getting most of the names people have called for on here. some people were even talking about klopp and ancelotti ffs.

i reckon mcclaren's at the top end of who to expect. it could be much, much worse.

Edited by Dr Gloom

i hope that even the buffoons running the club aren't moronic enough to appoint carver after he spectacularly failed his audition.

but even if they don't, i have zero confidence in them replacing him with anyone any of us really want in charge - we have zero chance of getting most of the names people have called for on here. some people were even talking about klopp and ancelotti ffs.

i reckon mcclaren's at the top end of who to expect. it could be much, much worse.

:lol: who the fuck was seriously saying that? Ryder?

I don't think Garde, Galtier or Gourvennec are out of the realms of possibility.

:lol: who the fuck was seriously saying that? Ryder?

I don't think Garde, Galtier or Gourvennec are out of the realms of possibility.

I think I mentioned both but then I also mentinend Demba Ba so you know...