John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

:lol: who the fuck was seriously saying that? Ryder?

I don't think Garde, Galtier or Gourvennec are out of the realms of possibility.

not beyond the realms of possibility but i wouldn't hold too much hope of the clowns running the club being astute enough to go for any of them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying it, I think this another instance of predicting the worse possible thing that could happen will definitely happen.

He may be cheap, and he may be "from within", but he's not up to the job and had a 20 game interview, where he fell astonishingly short.

The players didn't respond to him, the tactics were unsound, the goals dried up and the defence was as porous.

I'd maybe think there was a possibility if we'd finished where we did, but did so comfortably with 3 draws instead of the final win, but he was so spectacularly bad, I just cannot see it.

I dunno. I keep trying to be positive but there's too many past fuck ups that I'm finding it impossible. Last summer after Janmaat, Cabella and SDJ came in quickly I thought things were on the up but it's just been one fuck up after another since then.

Not buying it, I think this another instance of predicting the worse possible thing that could happen will definitely happen.

He may be cheap, and he may be "from within", but he's not up to the job and had a 20 game interview, where he fell astonishingly short.

The players didn't respond to him, the tactics were unsound, the goals dried up and the defence was as porous.

I'd maybe think there was a possibility if we'd finished where we did, but did so comfortably with 3 draws instead of the final win, but he was so spectacularly bad, I just cannot see it.

Whatever, chrome dome.

Carver got 13 points from 19 games.

Pardew got 16 points from 19 to finish last season.

To argue that Ashley wouldn't leave anyone that shit in charge is to ignore evidence to the contrary.

If there was no chance at all the club would have thanked carver for his efforts and stated they're looking elsewhere.

Too many season ticket sales depend on whether he's the new man for them to delay that announcement.

Still likely to go back to coaching staff, but clearly not certain.

If there was no chance at all the club would have thanked carver for his efforts and stated they're looking elsewhere.

Too many season ticket sales depend on whether he's the new man for them to delay that announcement.

Still likely to go back to coaching staff, but clearly not certain.

Season ticket sales are a drop in the ocean and Ashley will know fine well that it will be a near full house at the start of next season regardless of what he did. That's just the way it is.

It won't be Carver.

Btw, I have no problem with him going back to the coaching staff. He's been around long enough to follow instructions and put players through their routines.

Of course you don't :CT:

The longer they wait, the bigger chance it may be Carver. It should have been dismissed out of hand, the notion he could carry on after that shocking tailspin. The fact that it wasn't tells me they are "keeping their options open". They wait long enough to make a choice, and there won't be much of a choice. And what signings can they bring in with the coaching spot unknown? No one of any quality.

If we are still debating this at the end of June, we're screwed.

Carver got 13 points from 19 games.

Pardew got 16 points from 19 to finish last season.

To argue that Ashley wouldn't leave anyone that shit in charge is to ignore evidence to the contrary.

Big difference between sticking with an incumbent manager and giving a man who spectacularly failed his 20 game audition. Also, Pardew still had currency from the 5th finish he fluked.

The fact that they are only just starting again the search for a new head coach is worrying. Surely they should have had someone ready as soon as the final whistle went on Sunday. We know the way it'll work out every man and his dog will be mentioned along with "couldn't get him over the line" etc,etc, until we get back to were we finished the season.

A lady manager, progressive.

In all seriousness that might just be a superb appointment! Guingamp have been a real surprise package in french football the last couple of seasons, won the french cup last year, got through the group stage of the Europa league this when not expected to.