AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

You said something about paying in pennies my proposal involves no payment as there are no transactions . Yeah i read NO but i haven't seen my proposal anywhere either there or anywhere. Dont tell me i've stole on of your proposals.

No this one was a combination. I don't remember it exactly, but it was something like getting a crowd together, going in and buying socks or something, paying with pennies, then immediately rejoining the queue to ask for a refund. Their grand vision was that this would clog up the tills at the stores starving the shop of actual revenue, thereby bringing Ashley to his knees by crippling his empire.

I shit you not.

I like it.

50 blokes wander in to SD, fill their baskets, at a pre-arranged time, all hit the tills , let them ring it all up, then walk away.

50 times.

Then do it again elsewhere.

:lol:

You see, this is why AO.com needs some smart thinkers in the bunker. Every proposed plan needs to be vetted through the eyes of Ashley....

Motivated by performance incentives, the store managers would most likely stash it in the back and write it off as shoplifting losses using the CCTV of 50 blokes walking out en masse at the same time as proof of an organised lift. Once the stock that's delivered to replace it is sold, then instead of placing more orders the baskets come out of the back instead.

The proposal ends up doubling Ashley's profits and makes his wageslaves work twice as hard to restock the shelves.

So expect AO to announce it as the 'next step' any minute now.....and the N-O muppet squad to crucify anyone who pipes up and says, 'hang on a minute lads'....

Edited by Mako

iirc, some daft cunt over there was saying we should get the politicians on board as part of their electioneering. :lol:

That's one of mine.....

Would've worked. Instead of front pages on the Chronicle today showing mixed messages - fans inside the stadium holding AshleyOut posters which talked about empty seats, above a byeline that talks about fans not entering the stadium...in the next week or two we might have seen a few local MPs cravenly begging for the support of NUFC fans. It would have gone on for weeks, and been picked up by the national media, who let's face it need a hell of a lot of stuff to keep the 24 hour election coverage running. Since I've seen crap all about it though, I'm guessing they decided not to run with it, and instead spend their time printing A4 bloody posters by the truck load. Which btw must piss off the Green Party no end? Which is a good thing, sanctimonious fuckers.

Didn't Rangers fans do what is being suggested with regards to SD?

they tried to buy things for just a £1 saying thats all they were worth sets of golf clubs etc

Might have even got Ed Milliband talking about zero-hours contracts again, using Ashley as a prime example of the sort of scumbag who uses them....but sadly he appears to have dropped that angle since it was revealed most of his MPs were using it to employ staff....

You don't walk out en masse though- that's the point.

You all queue up, 1st and 2nd man go to the tills, which only ever have 1-2 staff on, and present their "purchases". Once they've been rung in and totalled, they leave the goods and just walk out.

Then the next two do it.

And so on.

The beauty of it is that no manager is going to challenge a queue of potential customers, and even if they do, "you're just after buying some gear for the kids".

And then you walk up, ring the goods through, and walk away.

With enough people, done often but randomly, it'll piss them off.

Relatively simple to organise, costs nothing.

they tried to buy things for just a £1 saying thats all they were worth sets of golf clubs etc

Are you sure that wasn't just an ordinary Saturday in Glasgow? A bunch of cheeky neds in Rangers tops trying to barter for some top gear in SD.....

The thing is it clogs up the tills for real customers who if they have to wait while the staff are scratching their heads wondering what to do are more likely to leave the shop as well without making a purchase.

Already have. I sent several campaign proposals to the bunker, which were well received. I can't force them to use them. And until being forced off for being a 'mackem troll', I was giving prescient advice on N-O about bocyotts. I can't force them to stop being a bunch of groupthink asshats.

The very simple distinction here is that I'm not the one trying to poke holes in what others have done, whilst having done fuck all myself. You are the one telling us how much better you could do, whilst actually doing fuck all. I'm genuinely amazed I had to walk you through that.

If you're that great, then tell us the plan, get the message out there, and I'm sure everyone will listen and be happy to follow your lead. A tip for you though: maybe cut down your writing by about 80%. I know you love what you've got to say and you probably can't believe this, but you're quite boring.

If you're not going to do anything, then kindly shut the fuck up about how you know best.

Gemmill, all he wanted to do was come on here and talk about his favourite type of protests which he himself happened to have thought of and people give him stick?! Sad day for Toontastic.

You don't walk out en masse though- that's the point.

You all queue up, 1st and 2nd man go to the tills, which only ever have 1-2 staff on, and present their "purchases". Once they've been rung in and totalled, they leave the goods and just walk out.

Then the next two do it.

And so on.

The beauty of it is that no manager is going to challenge a queue of potential customers, and even if they do, "you're just after buying some gear for the kids".

And then you walk up, ring the goods through, and walk away.

With enough people, done often but randomly, it'll piss them off.

Relatively simple to organise, costs nothing.

Oh right, you were actually serious?

*slowly backs away shaking head*

I suppose it would generate some media coverage if someone actually told the media it was happening and they could vox-pop some numpty grinning his face off outside an SD trying to explain about how this is all being done for local pride. But anyone who applies an ounce of sense can see the only outcome of this sort of protest is simply irritation - it's not going to affect any particular store's profits in any way, shape or form, no matter how you slice and dice where and when the protesters would be deployed, and the till staff being pissed off by this would be ordinary locals who are already presumably suicidal because they're reduced to work at SD.

Now....on the other hand....if it was organised just as hashtag campaign - you tell people what to do and they just go and do it and hashtag/instagram it as happens with all these other stupid crazes these days, and if the suggested action was a little less annoying to staff but equally disruptive to business, then you might get something going, and it could snowball into something great and generate good media coverage or even disrupt business enough. Or it could turn into something ugly, generate horrendous coverage, and affect business (which people really shouldn't automatically assume is a PR win)

To be honest, I wouldn't have the balls to unleash that beast.

Maybe this is the real reason the AO.com folks are anonymous - so they can shield themselves from any unintended consequences should #ShowYourArseInASportsDirectWindow blow back on them hard.

Fnarr Fnarr

I really need to go to bed, I'm actually now mentally planning in my head how to do this, which is fucking insane.

Edited by Mako

Gemmill, all he wanted to do was come on here and talk about his favourite type of protests which he himself happened to have thought of and people give him stick?! Sad day for Toontastic.

He just can't Wyn.

I suppose it would generate some media coverage if someone actually told the media it was happening and they could vox-pop some numpty grinning his face off outside an SD trying to explain about how this is all being done for local pride. But anyone who applies an ounce of sense can see the only outcome of this sort of protest is simply irritation - it's not going to affect any particular store's profits in any way, shape or form, no matter how you slice and dice where and when the protesters would be deployed, and the till staff being pissed off by this would be ordinary locals who are already presumably suicidal because they're reduced to work at SD.

Now....on the other hand....if it was organised just as hashtag campaign - you tell people what to do and they just go and do it and hashtag/instagram it as happens with all these other stupid crazes these days, and if the suggested action was a little less annoying to staff but equally disruptive to business, then you might get something going, and it could snowball into something great and generate good media coverage or even disrupt business enough. Or it could turn into something ugly, generate horrendous coverage, and affect business (which people really shouldn't automatically assume is a PR win)

Maybe this is the real reason the AO.com folks are anonymous - so they can shield themselves from any unintended blowback should #ShowYourArseInASportsDirectWinwow blow back on them hard.

Fnarr Fnarr

I really need to go to bed, I'm actually now mentally planning in my head how to do this, which is fucking insane.

kermit-typing-on-a-typewriter-like-crazy

The thing is it clogs up the tills for real customers who if they have to wait while the staff are scratching their heads wondering what to do are more likely to leave the shop as well without making a purchase.

Oh my God. Are you outing yourself as the person who posted it on N-O as a serious suggestion? Please say yes. I would literally piss my pants if it was.

Oh my God. Are you outing yourself as the person who posted it on N-O as a serious suggestion? Please say yes. I would literally piss my pants if it was.

It was me. Piss away.

#ShowYourArseInASportsDirectWindow is mine too. You all saw it. Hands off.

If It works, I thought of it. If it doesn't work, I told you it wouldn't. I would have been a fucking awesome politician.

In fact, I think my real name might be Brendan Rodgers, and I manage the greatest football team in the history of the world!!!!1111LFCBOSS#Winning

Maybe this is the real reason the AO.com folks are anonymous - so they can shield themselves from any unintended consequences should #ShowYourArseInASportsDirectWindow blow back on them hard.

Fnarr Fnarr

I+just+spent+20+minutes+nodding+at+that+

It's logic, Jim, but not as we know it.