AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

I draw the line at not listening to cracking 90's indie pop.

Perhaps you could listen to Cocker's solo stuff instead?

As sad as it is I'm going to struggle to avoid Carling. There's only that or Fosters in the local and I'm not drinking Fosters for anything!

As sad as it is I'm going to struggle to avoid Carling. There's only that or Fosters in the local and I'm not drinking Fosters for anything!

So your choices are Carling or Fosters? I think you need to find yourself a new local.

So your choices are Carling or Fosters? I think you need to find yourself a new local.

Location location location is what it's all about! Living in Wallsend we don't get much of a chance to sample any of your exotic brands. And I'm not drinking beer or ale for anyone!

Location location location is what it's all about! Living in Wallsend we don't get much of a chance to sample any of your exotic brands. And I'm not drinking beer or ale for anyone!

Look at you, with your high-falutin' Heineken, well lah dee dah pass the "Tescos finest"!

Look at you, with your high-falutin' Heineken, well lah dee dah pass the "Tescos finest"!

Don't give me your southern shandy drinking shite! In all honesty though I'd probably drink Fosters ahead of Heineken!

If you think that Carling is the high end I feel sorry for your taste buds.

Don't give me your southern shandy drinking shite! In all honesty though I'd probably drink Fosters ahead of Heineken!

:lol: I'd rather squeeze the runoff from rainsodden rat into my mouth than drink either.

If you think that Carling is the high end I feel sorry for your taste buds.

What the fuck has drinking larger got to do with taste anyway. If taste is what I crave I'd be going for a nice bottle of barolo!

But I've certainly never considered Carling as the high end of anything. It's just preferable to Fosters/Heineken/Carlsberg.

Edited by David Kelly

What the fuck has drinking larger got to do with taste anyway. If taste is what I crave I'd be going for a nice bottle of barolo!

But I've certainly never considered Carling as the high end of anything. It's just preferable to Fosters/Heineken/Carlsberg.

So is the aforementioned ratty rain runoff

Well I don't see as many rats up here as you get at all your regatta's and polo matches down there so I have to just make do!

They're not rats, they're the nouveau riche, but I understand the confusion.

£2.20 for Guinness in Last Orders. Can't do much better than that! The Queens had a decent stout for a similar price last time I was in. :good:

(Obviously the trade off for the price is you're drinking in Wallsend high street). ;)

Fuck all wrong with Carling if you're round the doors and supping lager, I personally prefer becks but you are kind of stuck for choice if you want lager. Anyway, a lot of the time it depends on the bar and how good their equipment is rather than the actual brand. £5-£6 for peroni in the town?

FUCK.......THAT. :lol:

£2.20 for Guinness in Last Orders. Can't do much better than that! The Queens had a decent stout for a similar price last time I was in. :good:

(Obviously the trade off for the price is you're drinking in Wallsend high street). ;)

Fuck all wrong with Carling if you're round the doors and supping lager, I personally prefer becks but you are kind of stuck for choice if you want lager. Anyway, a lot of the time it depends on the bar and how good their equipment is rather than the actual brand. £5-£6 for peroni in the town?

FUCK.......THAT. :lol:

I'm trying my best to not get into drinking Guiness and the like. Larger is bad enough when you're trying to maintain a physique at 38!

Aye Carling is fine when you're out on the drink but I wouldn't pick it to drink in the house if I wanted something decent. I'd probably avoid in the town for the most part too but that probably comes from all of the watered down pints they used to serve in the bigg market when I first started going out!

The only time Carling is acceptable is if you live in a post-apocalyptic world and every other source of hydration has been contaminated. It's fucking horrible. I've had 4 cans in the fridge from 6 months ago when my mate brought some round. I will not touch them.

The only time Carling is acceptable is if you live in a post-apocalyptic world and every other source of hydration has been contaminated. It's fucking horrible. I've had 4 cans in the fridge from 6 months ago when my mate brought some round. I will not touch them.

Aye, like I said, Wallsend high street.

Never drink cans of lager in the house anyway, Carling or anything else, although I'll have a few bottles of becks lying around if I fancy a small bottle or two.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Guinness isn't acceptable on the mainland period, I had my obligatory pint when I was over just to remind myself of the difference compared to home

You didn't drink a pint of Guinness in Wallsend, though.

I noticed more of a difference in the lager between NI and here than I did the Guinness, to be honest. Fucking Harp lager, man or Tennent's. :lol: (Makes Carling seem like some award winning master brew.)