AshleyOut.com

Happy Face

I draw the line at not listening to cracking 90's indie pop.

Voodoo Dolls were the poor man's Huggy Bear tbh :cuppa:

In case anyone thinks that they don't go to games so this doesn't include them, the embargo covers all ashley outlets and any nufc "commercial partners".

Make sure you avoid them all and you tell your lass to as well...

Converse

:o

:jesuswept:

:panic:

:anguish:

Whats the fuckin deal here then?....do SD sell converse by the truckload or does he have shares in them?....am asking on behalf of Mrs PL obviously....

Johnny Decker is better than a lot of the people who get in manhattans on the weekend!

Manhattans? :lol:

Went in there once and it was like a fucking Hoppings employee works night out with the hooped jumpers and the odd kid taking his top off on the dance floor. :lol: Saw the sum total of one lass in there so finished my pint off and went home as I was already well served from elsewhere.

Manhattans? :lol:

Went in there once and it was like a fucking Hoppings employee works night out with the hooped jumpers and the odd kid taking his top off on the dance floor. :lol: Saw the sum total of one lass in there so finished my pint off and went home as I was already well served from elsewhere.

We walked in one thursday night and out of the fifteen or so people in there, there must have been about eight teeth!

They advertise at the ground.

I won't say where Mrs PL says you can shove your cons boycott :lol:

Am a bit perturbed by this myself tbh...things have come and gone in my life but I think I've worn some type of converse off and on since I was about 8...

The only time Carling is acceptable is if you live in a post-apocalyptic world and every other source of hydration has been contaminated. It's fucking horrible. I've had 4 cans in the fridge from 6 months ago when my mate brought some round. I will not touch them.

I can only drink lager when there's no choice eg on the continent where it can be palatable in a cafe type context

One of my favourite novels is set in a post nuclear holocaust world where the water has what the author describes as a "radioactive slake" taste to it - I always used Carling to envision this description.

I won't say where Mrs PL says you can shove your cons boycott :lol:

Am a bit perturbed by this myself tbh...things have come and gone in my life but I think I've worn some type of converse off and on since I was about 8...

I don't get boycotting stuff like Converse that advertise in the ground. It's the definition of pissing in the wind. Don't buy from Sports Direct and don't go to matches. That's how you affect Mike Ashley.

Not buying a telly from House of Fraser to get at Mike Ashley is just a nonsense.

I don't get boycotting stuff like Converse that advertise in the ground. It's the definition of pissing in the wind. Don't buy from Sports Direct and don't go to matches. That's how you affect Mike Ashley.

Not buying a telly from House of Fraser to get at Mike Ashley is just a nonsense.

I think its almost all futile tbh (including not going, it would appear theres always someone willing to take your seat) but thats not in any way a criticism of ashleyout.com or anyone else..we need a buyer to get rid of Ashley and nothing else will come close to getting rid of him.

The hope is that those advertisers turn on Ashley and stop associating with the club due to any negative publicity rather than there being much of a noticeable monetary impact.

No one that supports Israel expects their boycott of m and s to bring down the nuclear power. It's just publicity generating, awareness pushing action. Which is better than nowt.

It's daft. I doubt if anyone even bothered to read that list it's so fucking long. As for asking people to choose Fosters over Carling (the only two cheap lagers in most pubs on this side of the Irish Sea), and then saying, well, you don't have to if you don't want to, each to their own, blah blah, the result of that's going to be pretty easy to predict.

I'm with Gemmill - you want to hit Ashley in the pocket there's only two companies you need to avoid - SportsDirect.com and NUFC@SportsDirct.com. It's pretty easy to convey that message to supporters.

If AO.come want to impact one of the sponsors with negative publicity, then for the love of Christ, choose the most fucking obvious one, the one with most to loose by being loudly associated with Mike Ashley's values and morals - Puma. And do something visible as well as simply telling people not buying their shit.

The hope is that those advertisers turn on Ashley and stop associating with the club due to any negative publicity rather than there being much of a noticeable monetary impact.

No one that supports Israel expects their boycott of m and s to bring down the nuclear power. It's just publicity generating, awareness pushing action. Which is better than nowt.

I get the idea, and I honestly don't want to be one of those arseholes finding fault with the AO campaign, cos I think they've done a great job, but..... I don't really see where the negative publicity is going to come from. Ashley isn't killing slave workers in Qatar, he's just doing a bit of a shit job of running a football club, and that isn't a big enough bad publicity generator to scare off sponsors. I mean as we've seen, actually, genuinely killing slave workers in Qatar isn't enough to scare off sponsors.

So whilst I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to include all these other sponsors/commercial partners, I think the impact of it will be negligible and it's a dilution of the message which to me should be a simple "if you have any interest in things improving at SJP, stop giving this fucking bloke your money".

Think the message is "what more can you do?"

Think 90% are doing what they think is enough. Whether they have a season ticket but don't buy a pie, pint or strip or don't go to games at all.

With that in mind it's difficult for a small scope campaign to change behaviour. It targets one group doing not enough, rather than all fans that could do more.

Point is to ask ALL fans where they can put more pressure on. So someone like you that doesn't bother with any of it could take further action rather than sitting in an ivory tower telling other fans what they're doing wrong ;)

The whole point of a small campaign group is they actually orchestrate an actual campaign, or series of campaigns. If the only point of AO.com is to simply remind people now and again that Ashley's a cunt, but, y'know, do what you think is best, then sorry, but what's the point? The only reason for Ashley's momentous speech was to deflate the momentum of AO and get the media to stop relaying their message, and I fear he's achieved that. The response to his speech was way too long and unfocused for the media, and this boycott is way too unfocused to have any real traction with fans. And the media sure as shit don't care if some internet randoms request fans not to buy anything from ever single sponsor of the club, because it's a manifestly daft idea. There's no way in hell I'm carrying that bloody list around, let alone drinking Fosters, and that's certainly not because I'm not 100% committed to the cause, it's because Fosters is pish and me drinking it instead of Carling will have about as much effect on Ashley as if I tried to apply a Darth Vader strangle hold on him.

The whole point of a small campaign group is they actually orchestrate an actual campaign, or series of campaigns. If the only point of AO.com is to simply remind people now and again that Ashley's a cunt, but, y'know, do what you think is best, then sorry, but what's the point? The only reason for Ashley's momentous speech was to deflate the momentum of AO and get the media to stop relaying their message, and I fear he's achieved that. The response to his speech was way too long and unfocused for the media, and this boycott is way too unfocused to have any real traction with fans. And the media sure as shit don't care if some internet randoms request fans not to buy anything from ever single sponsor of the club, because it's a manifestly daft idea. There's no way in hell I'm carrying that bloody list around, let alone drinking Fosters, and that's certainly not because I'm not 100% committed to the cause, it's because Fosters is pish and me drinking it instead of Carling will have about as much effect on Ashley as if I tried to apply a Darth Vader strangle hold on him.

So do something, don't just throw stones at others. :dunno:

I have done. I'm the ideas man, remember? I leave the execution to the foot-soldiers.

So.... You're doing nothing then. Brills

There's no way you're doing anything other than tap out long negative posts. That much is obvious.

I'm not giving Ashley any money, and sending good ideas to this campaign, and telling them when they're fucking it up. I'd say that puts me ahead of anyone on this forum as regards trying to get Ashley out, unless anyone wants to say otherwise here....

I'm not giving Ashley any money, and sending good ideas to this campaign, and telling them when they're fucking it up. I'd say that puts me ahead of anyone on this forum as regards trying to get Ashley out, unless anyone wants to say otherwise here....

Can I say that you're a boring self regarding prick?