Kids tv

The Fish

Yeah Powell was good news. Did you go when they were at Tynemouth Priory? Bet you sucked Gaz Top off.

Me and 3 other lads from my school did the cartwheels, flips and stuff for an intro sequence for Gimme 5.

It was Me, John Watson, Jon Bradley and Altan Brown.

I think it was only used for 1 season. Might have even been just the first show :dunno:

We had to all this "acrobatic" shit while the presenters walked down a corridor, then the rest of the show was hanging around, except for Jon Bradley who spent the entire time playing Mario Kart or Streetfighter on one of the Super Nintendos they had.

Man alive did we get some pussy after that. :sweat:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I used to like the banana splits and the arabian knights and would watch the thunderbirds/stingray/captain scarlet but never really get away with them as they were clearly puppets and seemed dated even then. Loved tiswas but that was the only itv show I really watched as BBC was usually better on a Saturday morning with swap shop, superstore and going, going, going live. Sarah greene was great. :)

Cities of gold, battle of the planets and ulyssees 31 had the best music/intro btw.

Banana splits was great - I've got a few downloaded somewhere.

I liked the Gerry Anderson stuff and remember thinking in hindsight that whoever thought of putting stubble on Captain Black to signify he was a villain was an absolute genius - especially so given he was a puppet.

First saw her on a programme called 'no limits' where her and some blonde cockney kid would go around Britain telling you facts about the place they were at in between playing music videos like amazulu. Remember them at Wallsend talking about the roman fort that was there but before segedunum was built so they basically showed a shitty plaque that north Tyneside had put up. Knew out the two presenters she would be on telly again.

First saw her on a programme called 'no limits' where her and some blonde cockney kid would go around Britain telling you facts about the place they were at in between playing music videos like amazulu. Remember them at Wallsend talking about the roman fort that was there but before segedunum was built so they basically showed a shitty plaque that north Tyneside had put up. Knew out the two presenters she would be on telly again.

A Jonathan King produced show iirc - I wonder if he fucked the cockney - probably too old for him.

The banana splits

Champion the wonderhorse

Zorro

Tarzan

the flashing blade

In the late 70's early 80's childrens holiday morning TV was dominated by programmes made many years before any of us were born.

i remember watching champion the wonder horse and zorro in my formative years :lol:

:lol:

No Rolf's Cartoon Club? :o

The kids on that show were horribly behaved and would always get in big trouble and be sent to Rolf's room. Silly old Rolf.

Have you ever, ever felt like this?

Have strange things happened?

Are you going round the twist?

Classic Aussie shit.

Just learnt that Paul Jennings was the writer of that show. I loved his books when I was a kid. Kids these days man. They're missing out.

oxygum :lol:

I googled it just now and apparently one of marine boys team was called Professor Fumble :lol:

:spit:

fucking Hell, they were all at it, weren't they!

Relax, according to the wiki page he wears a red wetsuit which is "highly resistant to penetration".

Designed for him by Professor Shitinmegob.

Edit: further reading tells me his lass is a mermaid with a pearl necklace, whilst his dolphin is called Splasher.

I assume his submarine is the S.S.Bukkake.

I'm no expert on photoshop, well, when I say no expert what I really mean is I've no idea how to do it or if it's even on the pc I use. Anyway, if someone would like to green up Hughes face and put a red hat on his curly grey bonce then please feel free.

Chorlton_and_the_Wheelies_Fenella.jpg?itHughes.jpg

Mop-haired manc late 80s/early 90s baggytastic geetar hero John Squire was an animator on Dangermouse, a particular favourite of mine...

I loved Dangermouse, one of my all time favourites. I even did the Dangermouse panini sticker album. Baron Greenback was brilliant.

There's also a Japanese bloke at my work who is the spit of Penfold.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GtRQBPNgI

This from 1969 HR Pufnstuf it was mental i think some serious drugs must have been used in the making of this. There was Jack Wild who played a kid called Jimmy, his best friend was a talking flute called Freddie, there was a talking dragon HR Pufnstuf. In all the episodes they were chased by a witch called Witchipoo on her Vroom Broom.

I haven't heard of 90% of this stuff.

Here in oz some of my favourites were..

Strewth What's That

Blimey Ya Cathwording Mongrol

Fuck Off Back Where Ya Came From Then

and

Supercunts

Love it.

I was big on He-Man and the Master of the Universe.

Despite what HMHM believes He-man is still watchable, more so than some of the hyperactive shite that gets peddled these days. My two year old loves He-Man which is available on Hulu. It helps that my folks still have all my old He-Man toys.

Other shows I watched were, MASK, COPS, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, Super Ted, Dungeons and Dragons, TMNT.

I'm sure most people my age (Tom, Ant, Fish) would disagree. The thread title is 'Kids TV', it's not like I sit watching He-Man in my 30s.

I'm pretty sure it's ok if it's with a two year old.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GtRQBPNgI

This from 1969 HR Pufnstuf it was mental i think some serious drugs must have been used in the making of this. There was Jack Wild who played a kid called Jimmy, his best friend was a talking flute called Freddie, there was a talking dragon HR Pufnstuf. In all the episodes they were chased by a witch called Witchipoo on her Vroom Broom.

Don't worry , the tradition is being upheld.

My two love Adventure Time and Uncle Grandpa.

http://youtu.be/6lof4_TZzjc

I still smile listening to the music from this and hearing Arthur Lowe (Capt Mainwaring) narrating the show.

However............

Whilst looking for the theme tune I spotted this still from the show........

AAaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!! :faint: They were fucking all at it back then!!!!!

I loved Dangermouse, one of my all time favourites. I even did the Dangermouse panini sticker album. Baron Greenback was brilliant.

There's also a Japanese bloke at my work who is the spit of Penfold.

There was a kid in our school the same :lol: skids niven, small slightly dumpy lad with round specs and a big grin

All these cartoons with famous actors narrating them were almost all really good...Dangermouse, Michael Bond did Paddington, Arthur Lowe as mentioned, I liked the Kenneth Willaims one about the social outcasts living in the woods...