Footballers wages

Anorthernsoul

As farcical as allowing the 10 other players to find other PL clubs on the same wages? Your scenario is as rare as rocking horse shit, it's not remotely a sensible reason not to implement some form of performance related penalty.

There are performance penalties.

If your club is relegated, your next contract will reflect that, as will the standard of your next club.

If Cheltenham town are relegated from the 2020 Premier League and their striker A.A.Ron Wingdings scored c20 goals, he should be allowed to join Altrincham's push for European Competition. However, they're not going to pay him the same as if he were a Premier League star, are they?

Cheltenham's talented but lazy central midfielder, Harry Belafonte, is also looking to leave, however, the world and his dog saw him pull out of that tackle that probably cost them their survival. Instead of joining the elite who had previously been impressed, he's joining lowly and bankrupt Man City who are willing to take a gamble on him in the hope they can make some profit, as such they will only offer him a contract which is geared less towards basic wage and more towards bonuses for appearances, goals and assists.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player starts out to make money,not win trophies.When the player has made enough to retire,he may then start looking at winning trophies.Messi would sign for Hartlepool if they offered £5m a week.Sterling said he was going to wait until the end of the season before making his mind up whether he would stay at Liverpool or go.We now know he wants to be away yet the season is still ongoing.He's a fuckin coward ( a different sort of coward to Krul ) by waiting until Liverpool,and him,have played their last home game.Many footballers couldn't give a fuck about supporters.They'd be happy to play in front of 3,000 supporters every week if the money was right ( Messi at Hartlepool ).I've watched us train at Benwell,Chester le Street and Durham.I could give you stories of players trying to avoid fans waiting for autographs.I could give you stories of players walking past autograph hunters without giving them a second glance.Man Utd players refused to stop after training to give autographs years ago.The majority who do sign autographs do it without a smile or a word.Now if they could charge for signing autographs........

A player starts out to make money,not win trophies.When the player has made enough to retire,he may then start looking at winning trophies.Messi would sign for Hartlepool if they offered £5m a week.Sterling said he was going to wait until the end of the season before making his mind up whether he would stay at Liverpool or go.We now know he wants to be away yet the season is still ongoing.He's a fuckin coward ( a different sort of coward to Krul ) by waiting until Liverpool,and him,have played their last home game.Many footballers couldn't give a fuck about supporters.They'd be happy to play in front of 3,000 supporters every week if the money was right ( Messi at Hartlepool ).I've watched us train at Benwell,Chester le Street and Durham.I could give you stories of players trying to avoid fans waiting for autographs.I could give you stories of players walking past autograph hunters without giving them a second glance.Man Utd players refused to stop after training to give autographs years ago.The majority who do sign autographs do it without a smile or a word.Now if they could charge for signing autographs........

I think they do in America.

Edit: Im basing that entire comment on watching The Shield when they held an NBA star. :whistling:

Edited by Holden McGroin

Oh fuck up Mako.

I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .........

I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .I am a cunt.Iam a cunt .I am acunt . I am a cunt .........

:lol:

There are performance penalties.

If your club is relegated, your next contract will reflect that, as will the standard of your next club.

History has proven time and again that this is complete and total bullshit. And we don't need hypothetical examples, we have our very own club to provide very real examples that you don't know your arse from your elbow. When we went down in 2009, we sold Owen, Oba, Bassong, Beye and Duff. All first team players who played 20+ games in a relegation season, three playing in the very last must win game no less. Where did they end up? Four went to Premier League clubs, while Oba went to the previous year's Bundesliga Champions. I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's a fair bet that any decrease in their contract terms would have only been because they were on ridiculous money with us (I'm thinking Owen basically), and not because they'd just been relegated.

©KCG.

History has proven time and again that this is complete and total bullshit. And we don't need hypothetical examples, we have our very own club to provide very real examples that you don't know your arse from your elbow. When we went down in 2009, we sold Owen, Oba, Bassong, Beye and Duff. All first team players who played 20+ games in a relegation season, three playing in the very last must win game no less. Where did they end up? Four went to Premier League clubs, while Oba went to the previous year's Bundesliga Champions. I don't know for sure, but I'd say it's a fair bet that any decrease in their contract terms would have only been because they were on ridiculous money with us (I'm thinking Owen basically), and not because they'd just been relegated.

So... so there was a drop in their pay? But that's nothing to do with their relegation? Sure thing Mako.

History actually shows that the overwhelming majority of players who've been part of the relegated sides don't follow Owen's anomalous career path. Duff, for example, left a team tipped for European spots to join a team tipped for bottom half concerns on a smaller contract than he was receiving at Newcastle. Martins went to a poorer league on a smaller contract.

So, thanks for giving examples of my point :good: