Mike Ashley: I'm not selling until we win something (or finish top 4)

Makom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The horse & cart metaphor alone showed Ashley was either trolling or is just a complete incompetent. Obviously he was wanting to say that you can't put the cart before the horse, but it conveniently omits the fact he only adopted that strategy after numerous earlier failures. Yet now we supposedly have the cart, we're now going to kick on by bolting on.....a cart horse?

Edited by Makom

These jokers need to get their act together - there's some good points in there that deserve to be highlighted in a clear and cogent way to the media - but the fact they've hidden them in a rambling 'letter' written more for the fans benefit just makes it less likely they will be picked up and ran with.

If and its a big if, he is relenting, then it should put the next manager, (assuming we get a decent one), in a much stronger position.

Ideally with a bit more input into player selection.

Lots of ifs and buts (even for me), but it would be marvellous if we've finally bottomed out.

I would also say that the few thousand who have kept up the protests are responsible for finally turning the media against him and should feel very proud of their efforts.

(Still shudda bought a pub)

No hope the new manager will get a say in who the club buys. People are getting a bit happy clappy because of a 3 min interview by Mike, most likely intended to stem the flow of cancelled season tickets. 7 years of action vs 3 mins of words.

So Big Mike is going to continue to invest.Well we have experienced Big Mike investing and look where we are.If he continues to concentrate on the balance sheet nothing will change.The bloke is worth something like £3.5 billion,which no one could ever spend,unless you waste it on scores of houses and flash cars which no one really needs, so why not have some fun in spending some of it by watching your ( his ) club at least compete for trophies. He cannot enjoy watching his ( our ) shite team just about full of shite players.Does he get a kick out of clowns like Obertan strutting his stuff down the right wing.I'm sort of optomistic about next season now.Saying that,if more shite french players start coming through the door at SLP..........

To be honest, I'm waiting for the Head Coach appointment, anything like Carver & that interview was two fingers to the fans. If he's serious about wanting to win something (which is a total shift away from the previously stated unenterprising policy), the summer needs to see solid appointments made for each of the Head Coach, Managing Director, backroom staff and 1st team squad positions.

He could fuck it up if he gets the head coach right (Garde, Galtier, Clement or whomever) but keeps Carver, Stone et al. No point in signing Mitrovic, Ings and Veretout if you stick with Carver. No benefit in Garde if Charnley ignores him and Carr and refuses to strengthen the squad in the January window.

Best way to reduce the number of mistakes made? Employ an experienced, competent, capable Managing Director who understands the sport.

If and its a big if, he is relenting, then it should put the next manager, (assuming we get a decent one), in a much stronger position.

Ideally with a bit more input into player selection.

Lots of ifs and buts (even for me), but it would be marvellous if we've finally bottomed out.

I would also say that the few thousand who have kept up the protests are responsible for finally turning the media against him and should feel very proud of their efforts.

(Still shudda bought a pub)

Well it's not like you've ever been wrong about stuff like this before.

What did he say?

essembee was right all along.I am a mackem in disguise.and did you know quinn once drove whilst under the influence.

Anyone who watched Sky Sports prior to the match would have been aware of Ashley's interview.

:lol:

F636xiP.gif

Not that I believe a fucking word the fat slug said, but it's a huuuuge coincidence that having been roundly fucked off from his Plan B (Rangers), he's suddenly decided to do the right thing with us, and aim for Europe.

Not that I believe a fucking word the fat slug said, but it's a huuuuge coincidence that having been roundly fucked off from his Plan B (Rangers), he's suddenly decided to do the right thing with us, and aim for Europe.

:lol:

Ashley spends £1Billion of his fortune to get us into the same champions league group as Rangers and rub their ungrateful noses in defeat.

Thing is, even if Ashley was being sincere, which is highly doubtful (obviously), he probably change his mind again anyway as soon it stared costing too much money.

They said it on the Football Ramble, but imagine the celebrations if we won the League Cup, not only would we be deliriously happy thanks to a trophy, but if Ashley left as well?!

:bloodywank:

It's bollocks anyway though (the selling thing) as it's completely dependent on a buyer and has sweet fuck all to do with whether we've just won something or not (or qualified for the CL).

It's bollocks anyway though (the selling thing) as it's completely dependent on a buyer and has sweet fuck all to do with whether we've just won something or not (or qualified for the CL).

Oh aye, he'll sell when he receives a bid that exceeds his valuation of the club, whenever that is.