Ins and Outs for next season

Hopefully that won't be a problem next season for two reasons. A) No Williamson, B) different set pieces tactics.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst and all that.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

a fit carroll is as good as any striker we currently have, almost certainly better than anybody we are likely to attract and probably able to form a decent partnership with cisse or perez.

the only thing that really goes against him is his atrocious injury record.

Edited by Dr Gloom

a fit carroll is as good as any striker we currently have, almost certainly better than anybody we are likely to attract and probably able to form a decent partnership with cisse or perez.

the only thing that really goes against him is his atrocious injury record.

That and his over-valuation due to his nationality.

Mitrovic is a better shout imo

(as are Ings and Austin)

Edited by The Fish

That and his over-valuation due to his nationality.

Mitrovic is a better shout imo

(as are Ings and Austin)

ings and austin are also english, and as such will also be over-priced.

i don't see carroll re-signing unless it's for a bargain basement fee, because that's how we roll. and his injury record doesn't suggest he's worth otherwise. the thing that separates him from the other two you mention is he's more likely to come to us. ings and austin have both been linked with spurs and liverpool so why the fuck would they consider us?

i don't know a lot about mitrovic, but he's been linked with man u (no brainer), and swansea , who, it pains me to say, are also probably a more attractive proposition than us right now

Edited by Dr Gloom

ings and austin are also english, and as such will also be over-priced.

i don't see carroll re-signing unless it's for a bargain basement fee, because that's how we roll. and his injury record doesn't suggest he's worth otherwise. the thing that separates him from the other two you mention is he's more likely to come to us. ings and austin have both been linked with spurs and liverpool so why the fuck would they consider us?

i don't know a lot about mitrovic, but he's been linked with man u (no brainer), and swansea , who, it pains me to say, are also probably a more attractive proposition than us right now

They'll be over-priced compared to foreign players, but no transfer fee.

Choosing between us and others is tricky, but as I've said elsewhere, the right Head Coach appointment is vital.

I reckon having Carroll back would be a terrible signing. He'd want big money. His injury record is one of the worst going. I can't see how signing him would be worth the risk. Like Davey said, there are better options who will be cheaper and less injury prone. Plus Carroll is an egotistical bellend. No thanks.

:lol: worst compliment you can pay a footballer. "Lovely personality though."

:lol:

I'm hoping that, should he ever read that comment, he is a rational enough person to recognise that he isn't good enough for the team, but that this doesn't mean I think he's in the 'fuck off, you cunt' category, like some...

aye, and sammy is still young don't see why we wouldn't offer him one, he did alright tbh constantly sub, featured in 25 league games, got a couple of goals and a few assists

not the worst of the crowd

Plus, he's an Ameobi, so that's nice.

aye, and sammy is still young don't see why we wouldn't offer him one, he did alright tbh constantly sub, featured in 25 league games, got a couple of goals and a few assists

not the worst of the crowd

Agreed, he was the one I was most surprised we seemed to be letting run down to being released.

1. Krul
  2. Darlow
  3. Elliot
  4. Janmaat
  5. Colo
  6. Lascelle
  7. Dummett
  8. Taylor
  9. Williamson
  10. Haidara
  11. Tiote
  12. Abeid
  13. Anita
  14. Colback
  15. Sissoko
  16. Aarons
  17. Sammy
  18. Obertan
  19. Gouffran
  20. de Jong
  21. Perez
  22. Riviere
  23. Cisse
  24. Armstrong

That is a terrifyingly shallow squad

(edited for Andrew's accursed eyes. The big dirty onanist.)

Edited by The Fish