Liverpool Fan in Peace!

KRISHALDO

Hi all,

Liverpool fan in peace (as the title suggests!).

I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

9) Do you want Balotelli?

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by KRISHALDO

Hi all,

I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

Badly. It went wrong with a terrible manager, even worse coach and a pretty bad playing staff

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

Top 10. If we sign another CB, CF and winger I'll be quietly confident

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

He's got the benefit of the doubt for now. He needs a proper chance

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

Happy so far. Need 3 more though and some of the dead wood shifting

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

Austin, Thauvin, Matip

Sell Obertan, Gouffran, Williamson, Rivière

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

He's not worth half of what he was sold for. Mercenary

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

Firminio looks good, others look average. Top 4 sides wouldn't sign Ings, Benteke, Clyne or Milner

6-8

No

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

It was crap, even worse than expected. it all went wrong mostly in the dugout, Pardew is not a good manager and we were right to want rid, Carver is not a manager full stop.

Improvement, a visible football philosophy rather than the desperation we were served up from both incumbents last season and, hopefully, a comfortable season of not getting relegated.

Yes, I like him and was happy enough with the appointment, hard to say, our chairman doesn't seem to be predisposed to sack people quickly, Pardew headbutted an opposing player and was fine.

Yes but we can't be done, we didnt need a midfielder desperately but Wijnaldum is a quality player so no complaints. Mitro could turn out to be a belting signing if he is what people say he is. We need to strengthen at the back though or we'll be in for a rough season.

I don't want us to sell any, the squad simply isn't deep enough for even the shit ones to go in my opinion. Sign defenders, central ones first, then left back perhaps though I dont mind Haidara

Couldn't care less tbh, you've done to city what we did to you with Carroll I reckon.

no opinion, no opinion, could be interesting if he can make the step up, good bit of business, same again I rate Clyne, if he adapts it'll be good but is he not to similar to Coutinho? Benteke is a superb signing.

6th-ish

Nah you're alright.

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

Poor squad depth, unmotivated players and a lack of vision at the club top to bottom. A routine mid table finish turned into a relegation battle of comical proportions.

Top 8 finish with a bit more fluid football. If the defence isn't fixed then top 12.

He's a decent British manager with the upside that he's absorbed a lot of European ideas on his travels. He won't get sacked unless we're in the bottom three at XMas/ he says something bad about Ashley in an interview.

Business has been good and we have two good players and one with potential. With a couple more in it will be the best window for a long time...

Willo and Gouff must go. We need one more CD and a creative forward.

He got out of Liverpool cause you will struggle to finish in the top 5 and there seems to have been a two way lack of respect with the current charlatan you have as a manager.

The only one out of that lot that is guaranteed to do well is Benteke. Ings and Milner are average and won't take you to the next level. Firmino has flop written all over him.

6th

Yes.

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

Horrific, expected a mid-table finish and we ended up almost being relegated despite having the best coach in the league in charge. It started with entering the season with a thin squad and continued with the appointment of Carver after Pardew walked out, think Ashley gambled on getting McClaren cheaper but it almost cost him. The highlight of the season was the fact that probably the biggest arsehole in the league left for Palace AND they paid money for him.

I expect a mid-table finish, pushing into the top 10. We weren't that many points behind 10th or 11th last season despite not bothering playing for about 20 games.

Aye, he's the first bloke we have appointed since Hughton that I feel can actually coach professional football players, it's far too early to imagine him being sacked tbh and we put up with some horrific football under the silver fox so he'd have to be pretty fucking bad to imagine it this season.

Happy enough but we need another CB to go with Mbemba as I have very little confidence in our CB's, particularly Mike Williamson who looks like he'd struggle in the Conference. We still need wingers as well, they've skated around without making proper investment into the squad for the past few years so we need a considerable amount for the fans to be happy really.

Like above defence needs strengthened, particularly CB but I wouldn't mind a left back (not really a must though). Crying out for wingers and another forward like Austin would be nice to see. I'd love to see someone pay actual money for Mike Williamson, a packet of space raiders would be a steal for that utter sack of wine. Unless Tiote suddenly remembers he's a defensive midfielder rather than thinking he's Yohan Cabaye he can do one as well. Any leaving would have to be replaced mind.

It has happened to clubs like us for years and I think it'll happen to you more unless your lot break back into the CL, he's a Jamaican, raised in London that came to you at 15 I'm not shocked the claims he should be loyal fell on deaf ears. You got a great amount of money for him, Man City got one of the best young English players around, he got his move to a title challenging club and his agent got a pay day, so if you re-invest wisely it seems to benefit everyone.

Gomez has potential but he wont make much impact for 2 years or so, Bogdan wont play and is canny shite, Ings is lower mid table level, Milner is a good player and will do well for sure, Clyne is fucking class and comfortably the best English right back, Firmino was a good buy and if he can replicate his Bundesliga form he'll be a class player for you and Benteke is a cracking striker, Rodgers will need to change his system to make him work so it'll be interesting to see if he does that. The overpaying stuff about Benteke doesn't really matter as you got an inflated fee for Sterling.

6th-8th

Not at all.

Edited by Howay

My expectation were spot on last season. I predicted our incredible shitness and relegation battle. I went in to depth preseason about what arseholes ran us in Pardew and Ashley. I also predicted Chelsea 1st Man City 2nd in the same thing.

I honestly think we'll finish 8th. Our signings have been in the best in years, a few more and there is hardly anyone for us to fear at all. We always beat Chelsea are home and they're the best although I see Man City fluking it for some reason. I said we'd come 18th last season, a lot more cheerful for this one.

I like SMAC and was happy to have him appointed, he needs 3 or 4 years, and this season for me isn't vastly important in terms of what we achieve, he's building a squad give him time.

I might be a biased cunt, but I think we've done better than anyone, certainly in terms of value for money. Generally I'm not biased, I'm realistic and things are rosier.

We need two centre halfs not one, two.

I think in modern football the size of clubs and their attractiveness changes so quickly and obviously Man City are far more likely to compete for all trophies than Liverpool are at the moment. It's sad on everyone, sad on us because we were double what they were, but sad on the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool too, when you see what their turnover is.

I think Liverpool will improve for definite. I think they'll come 5th which would be a decent season.

5th

Would rather have Istvan Kozma

Nee worries pal

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

Rotten from top to bottom. I wasn't expecting a great season, just hoping for the new lads to perform despite Pardew. My expectations were about midtable. Then when Pardew left, I honestly thought we'd get an exciting new coach in. Someone like Thomas Tuchel, Remi Garde or Laudrupp (all available at that time), there were rumours of McClaren and when stacked up against them I wasn't keen. However to get paid to see the back of Pardew yet fail to put anything in his place is the stupidest piece of business since we sold Ferdinand & Ginola to Spurs way back when. It's like Part Ex-ing your knackered Vauxhall Astra for a pair of socks. Make no mistake, Pardew is a shocking tactician, an woeful coach and a fucking embarrassment.

I'm just hoping for a bit more pride in the shirt, expecting better football and hoping that the lines Ashley spouted before the final game aren't entirely bullshit. Run at a cup, maybe finish top half, but getting safety before the final day would be an improvement.

Dunno :dunno: He's got an excellent reputation as a coach, as do the other lads who now make up our backroom staff (Cathro in particular), so I'm expecting to see a better style of play at least.

He'd have to stab Ashley.

Good so far, but we need another 3-4 players. I have the utmost trust in Graham Carr and blame most of the flops on either Charnley not releasing funds for the targets higher up the list (Lacazette a few years back) or the coaches being unableto utilise talented players (Mbiwa/Santon).

Centre back is a priority, I'd love to see another striker but really we need depth as a few injuries and we are screwed.

Williamson, Gouffran, Obertan need to go, but they need to be replaced.

Nobody comes out of it well, but he wants Champions League football asap and frankly he won't get that at Liverpool.

Meh,

Meh,

Could be a steal if he can make the step up, but could be another Carroll

Best buy you've made thus far

Good young full back

Know very little about him, but as has been said, he's as likely to be a Aspas as he is a Coutinho. I'm all for stylish tricky players though.

You've massively overpaid for Benteke in my opinion. There are better strikers out there that you could have got a better Bang for your buck ratio. (Lacazette springs to mind)

Behind, in no particular order, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, and maybe Spurs or Southampton depending on their signings.

5-7th

No thanks, we've got Mitrovic.

Edited by The Fish

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

I thought it would be shite. I was wrong, it was a holocaust. It went wrong because the owner is a cunt, the playing staff was understaffed and the coaching was awful.

Mid table mediocrity at best

He deserves a chance. Best appointment of Ashley's reign other than the failed Keegan experiment

Better than last summer so far in terms of promise, if unproven, but we need plenty more still of we're to be competitive

Wingers and defenders would be good. Another striker would be a bonus.

Just the modern way innit. Never worth the fee you got for him. Decent bit of business from your lot, as long as you reinvest the money better than you did with the Suarez money.

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke)..

Milner is overrated. Never thought much of him when he played for us. Don't know that much about the rest.

5-7th

He might have done well here if he was the main man but I don't think that'd be the case now, so nah.

Nae bother

Edited by Dr Gloom

Thanks for the replies guys. Very much appreciated!

No Liverpool fan has ever come out and admitted leaving the ground in Istanbul at halftime yet tv showed scousers streaming out.Do you know any or did it not happen

I have to say I don't know anyone personally that left, but know that it is true.

I watched the game at a pub with an AC Milan fan.

He left after 90mins.

Thanks for the replies guys. Very much appreciated!

I have to say I don't know anyone personally that left, but know that it is true.

I watched the game at a pub with an AC Milan fan.

He left after 90mins.

Don't worry about essembee, we're not entirely convinced he isn't a sunderland fan.

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

Expectations were low and unambitious which mirrors our owner and his over-promoted lackeys but to be fair they managed to snatch a very close relegation battle from the jaws of mid table mediocrity. Players/squad weren't good enough, key areas once again were ignored in the continual search for profit and where Pardew would've struggled badly in the second half of the season just like he did the previous year, Carver somehow managed to top that although to be fair, his squad was weaker than Pardews.

Still think we'll struggle unless we get another centre back, (That's assuming Mbemba is good) plus a good left back, I'm not convinced by our keepers and if we dont get another CF then we're relying on Mitrovic hitting the ground running. As things stand I can see us finishing anywhere from 12th down to 16th but that could change with better injury luck and getting the right players in.

I don't entirely trust any manager who will work for this fucking mob running our club but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, a big plus is he isn't a smarmy, arselicking cunt like Pardew or a complete Bulls knacker like Carver.

I like the look of Wijnaldum and have a good feeling about him, (so that means he'll be playing for Arsenal/Chelsea in a years time), I'm hoping Mbemba is a good CB because we're fucked if he isn't. Ditto Mitrovic up front.

CB, LB, CF need improving and I'd fucking drive Williamson and Gouffran to another club willing to pay money for them.

That's how it is these days, get used to it. I don't think you did too bad out of the deal as it happens.

Think Benteke will shine, Milner is always going to give you a good game, Ings I'm not too sure about but see a Lambert situation for him, Clyne seems a decent player and I've no idea about Firmino on account of me not being a hipster with a dopey looking beard and man bag.

4th to 6th but depends on Rogers who I'm not convinced about.

I prefer tagliatelle.

10) Do you think my user name should've been 'KRISHALDO'?

A schoolboy error on your part, Krish. Missed an open goal with that name, should've had 'Harry-Krish' instead.

Nee bother, wor kid. :good:

No Liverpool fan has ever come out and admitted leaving the ground in Istanbul at halftime yet tv showed scousers streaming out.Do you know any or did it not happen

Take nee notice of this sad cunt btw

421123244_blog_who_knows_answer_3_xlarge

"No Liverpool fan has ever come out and admitted leaving the ground in Istanbul at halftime yet tv showed scousers streaming out.Do you know any or did it not happen"

Tricky one this essembee, it's the question that just won't go away isn't it? Next thing you'll be asking if the mackems know Bob Murray got glassed in a Tyneside restaurant by one of his own fans or whether Niall Quinn is drink driving again?

Hi all,

Thanks

Krish

​just curious nothing bad intended but shouldn't you be on a Liverpool forum this is a Newcastle forum lol.