Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Aye, football weeklys first couple of episodes since Richardson left have been crap.

the Totally Football Show has been good so far.

In less serious football pod circles the Football Ramble are having a new one starting next week call On The Continent with Marcus Speller, Luke Moore, Andy Brassell and James Horncastle which will probably be quite good.

Did he miss a call up or something? I thought there was a general clamour for him to get back in.

EDIT - I see he got his call up and rejected it :lol: What a drama queen...

Edited by Rayvin

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Did he miss a call up or something? I thought there was a general clamour for him to get back in.

EDIT - I see he got his call up and rejected it :lol: What a drama queen...

Englands all time top scorer.

1 World Cup goal.

6(I think) in the euros.

TalkShite this morning were talking about him possibly getting a call up.  They said he should come out and retire.  Cant remember if it was Quinn or Brazil said he should retire along with the other 'Golden Era of England's team' I.e Gerrard, Lampard etc :lol:

A golden era that won fuck all.

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

TalkShite this morning were talking about him possibly getting a call up.  They said he should come out and retire.  Cant remember if it was Quinn or Brazil said he should retire along with the other 'Golden Era of England's team' I.e Gerrard, Lampard etc :lol:

A golden era that won fuck all.

Paul Scholes was better than the 3 of them but eventually got pissed off at having to play wide to accomodate 'Stevie G' and 'Lamps' and their respective egos.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Paul Scholes was better than the 3 of them but eventually got pissed off at having to play wide to accomodate 'Stevie G' and 'Lamps' and their respective egos.

Fully agree with this.

15 hours ago, Alex said:

He had a fairly major ego as well, though

Was talking to a young'un, (28-ish) and he mentioned the 'sir John hall' stand. I half jokingly bollocked him for saying it, (he's a sound lad) and told him Hall was taking the piss naming the Leazes after himself rather than a club legend if it had to be changed, and that it always should be called the leazes. The lad had never heard of Hall at all and never given the name a second thought, never mind wondering if he was an ex-player or anything. I also had a bit craic a while ago with my pals son, (again, a lovely kid, early twenties, no mug etc) and talking about David Kelly was surprised to see him look blankly. He hadnt a fucking clue who he was. Not sure if it's me but I can't believe the lack of basic club knowledge from some of the younger support. I know I'm probably sounding like an old cunt but without 24hr sky stats/internet etc most of my peers knew the ins and outs of a fart when it came to NUFC and that was when we were also fucking shite. :lol:

Anyway, carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I'm 26 and I know all that. Sounds like you should have hit them both with the old Left, Right, Goodnight and went off into the wind

:lol:

If they were two divvies I could've slaughtered them but they're two sound kids tbh. I still bollocked them but gave the 'I'm more disappointed than angry' look in the end. There's things you should just 'know'. I wasn't born for the likes of McNamee swinging off the crossbar in front of the fulwell etc but things just handed down. I blame their fathas. ;)

10 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Liverpool finish below Spurs and draw Spartak Moscow, Sevilla and Maribor. Spurs get R Madrid and B Dortmund. Lucky bastards again

:lol:

I know, listening to the draw on the wireless people jizzing over more 'Special Anfield Nights'  FFS

• Guest locked this topic