Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Maybe that's part of the thinking. Parish might have looked at that and decided they need to win against Southampton or they'll end up 8 games in with 0 points. 

Actually makes more sense looked at that way. They don't have time for de Boer to work his system out, they need back to basics pragmatism. 

Man I hope they go 8 games with 0 points, that'd be hilarious.

It only makes sense to sack him after 4 games of the 17/18 season if he was foisted upon them, or they’d had him in for longer than they did. They chose him, so they should have given him the time and resources to implement the football they had employed him to play. He didn’t have a full pre-season, he only brought in 2 permanent signings and both of them are centrebacks. If he’s trying to play a less pragmatic style, surely he would have needed to bring in some midfielders/forwards that permit a more flowing style of football? Of the four players he brought in, only Sakho is over 21, surely they need players experienced in De Boer’s style?

It was foolish to appoint De Boer without considering the overhaul a systemic change in style would require. Appoint him early, spend money on the areas of the pitch that need changing most. Why, if they’re to play an expansive brand of football, have Palace spent all of their modest budget on centre backs?

It was always going to take time, and 4 games is far, far too early to pull the trigger. A win against 13th placed Southampton and an unexpected draw from one of Man Utd, Man City, or Chelsea and they’re in business. Can't see Hodgson getting anything from those three fixtures, and if he loses against us on the 21st of October, will he get the short shrift as well? fucking stupid decision. 

I hope that they go down because of Parish, “Brighty” and “Wrighty” (who ironically are rarely bright or right) and the shithead fans who mocked us re: Pardew.

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He was their first foreign manager too, I believe. If you discount whatever alien planet Allardyce is from anyway. Therefore, it's only right to rename them to Brexit Athletic

:lol:

Ludicrous decision by Palace.  From the highlights, the players were still playing for him and from the stats, they should have won it twice over.

I think they would have been fine if they'd kept him.

I'm still creased that they fired him. It's been 4 games ffs!!! What are they fucking thinking? Imagine getting paid up on a multi year contract from what? 2-3 month work :lol: what a total fucking knob jockey Parish and co are. I can't wait until they fuck off back down. 

From the Beeb;

Palace sacked the Dutchman on Monday after just 77 days in charge.

Among the reasons for Palace's dissatisfaction were:

• De Boer's apparent diversion from a number of agreements reached when he signed, such as the team's formation.
  • The squad's struggles to adapt to the style of play he tried to implement.
  • Poor feedback on planning, methods and sessions.
  • Atmosphere at the training ground.
  • His use of, and relationship with certain players, such as Damien Delaney, Martin Kelly, Joel Ward, Jairo Riedewald and Lee Chung-yong.
  • A perceived lack of input on transfer activity.

De Boer is understood to have been unhappy with factors including:

• The pre-season schedule organised before his arrival.
  • The involvement of Parish in first-team matters.
  • The delay in signing defender Mamadou Sakho.

3 of Palace's concerns seem to be meddling in 1st team affairs, and it's no shock that Parish wants to get involved in picking the team. He's as bad as Pardew for rating himself.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why would any manager want to work for an owner who will sack you after four games unless you play his preferred formation? Making Ashley look good here this cunt :lol:

I think some of Parish's concerns hold water. I absolutely believe that De Boer is an arrogant prick that the players didn't take to and I'm sure that he didn't want to keep Parish in the loop Re: transfers. That said, Parish has such an ego I'm amazed any manager lasted longer than 5 games with him.

Simon Jordan is a cunt too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41239042

Sky will be able to stream midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new £600m five-year domestic rights deal with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting it live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I think some of Parish's concerns hold water. I absolutely believe that De Boer is an arrogant prick that the players didn't take to and I'm sure that he didn't want to keep Parish in the loop Re: transfers. That said, Parish has such an ego I'm amazed any manager lasted longer than 5 games with him.

Simon Jordan is a cunt too.

Wasn't there issues with De Boer whilst at Inter?  Why didn't Parish do any due diligence?

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wasn't there issues with De Boer whilst at Inter?  Why didn't Parish do any due diligence?

Sounds about right. He's got the look of a man who'll interrupt your story to tell you about the car he's buying.

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

imagine being able to tell your grandkids: I was there when we won the Carabao Cup and the Checkatrade Trophy

As if we wouldn't kill for the carabao cup.

• Guest locked this topic