Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Four games. :lol:

How much do palace stand to lose if they get relegated? 50-100 mill? I imagine they're thinking about that and that alone and don't want an insurmountable gap to open up before the end of err, September :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fucking idiotic club, Palace. No risk of them being in for Rafa? They "stole" Pardew off us after all...

I think the fact they've been so trigger happy here would put most decent managers off. Likely just interest ones looking for a quick pay off now.

It's also worth noting that Pardew went from 500k to 2m a year or so and it was a club he had history with. 

Aye fair enough.

Just checked a Palace forum and they're universally damning this move, and feel they've been transformed into a laughing stock. So it wasn't fan pressure that did it, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye fair enough.

Just checked a Palace forum and they're universally damning this move, and feel they've been transformed into a laughing stock. So it wasn't fan pressure that did it, I guess.

:lol: Tbf they shouldn't worry about that as they'd have to be relevant to be a laughing stock. I'll enjoy watching them sink like a stone back to where they (and the mackems) belong.  

Edited by Howay

2 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Pretty sure they save a run of games like Southampton, man u Liverpool and city coming up too :lol:

Maybe that's part of the thinking. Parish might have looked at that and decided they need to win against Southampton or they'll end up 8 games in with 0 points. 

Actually makes more sense looked at that way. They don't have time for de Boer to work his system out, they need back to basics pragmatism. 

Man I hope they go 8 games with 0 points, that'd be hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

from my palace mate: he was clearly the wrong person. A bad decision to appoint him, made better by Parish's willingness to take it on the chin early. :unsure:

It was a crap appointment if they werent prepared to give it time though, de boer wants to play football, which makes him the first manager they've had in year who wanted to.

Hodgson coming in apparently.

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Tbf they shouldn't worry about that as they'd have to be relevant to be a laughing stock. I'll enjoy watching them sink like a stone back to where they (and the mackems) belong.  

I've never ever taken Palace seriously going back to being a kid and hearing their one and only chant of 'eagles' during a cup game when Gazza scored a raker. A boring club, knobhead chairman with blonde highlights and a tango complexion and a boring support made up from the cast of 'the office'. Absolutely a division 2 club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've never ever taken Palace seriously going back to being a kid and hearing their one and only chant of 'eagles' during a cup game when Gazza scored a raker. A boring club, knobhead chairman with blonde highlights and a tango complexion and a boring support made up from the cast of 'the office'. Absolutely a division 2 club.

proper stevie post that one like :lol:

• Guest locked this topic