Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Whatever your style, you'll never have Savage style

CQO1QS5WoAAiXDs.jpg

:lol: What a fucking clip that bloke is man.

As for Rangers and Celtic they can fuck right off, they can start at the very bottom of the pyramid if they really want to play in the English leagues. I honestly think Rangers would struggle in League one so they have absolutely no business trying to come in at the Championship level (which is what was suggested last time iirc?), Celtic would find the Championship rough going tbh.

It's just a ludicrous notion as they're ignoring the fact that just randomly adding two teams to a league means shafting all the other teams below that league, I imagine it would lead to legal issues with the amount of money involved in these leagues and I don't think "we deserve it 'cos we're the two biggest teams in Scotland" would go down very well in the boardrooms of teams like Sheffield United and Coventry as Celtic and Rangers effectively leap frog them.

I know little to nothing about Delia as he manages a team that is completely irrelevant to me but he sounds like a right fucking whopper.

Maybe he has a point, what with the PL struggling to reach a global audience in recent years. Two GINORMOUS clubs like Celtic and Rangers are what is required.

:lol: This is also a great point what the fuck would be the benefit for the Premiership in having them two sides? Tv viewers in Scotland? loads of them watch the Premiership anyway. They'd bring more bother inside and outside of grounds but that's about it, two fan bases that actively try to start fights at friendlies and testimonials ffs.

As for Rangers and Celtic they can fuck right off, they can start at the very bottom of the pyramid if they really want to play in the English leagues. I honestly think Rangers would struggle in League one so they have absolutely no business trying to come in at the Championship level (which is what was suggested last time iirc?), Celtic would find the Championship rough going tbh.

It's just a ludicrous notion as they're ignoring the fact that just randomly adding two teams to a league means shafting all the other teams below that league, I imagine it would lead to legal issues with the amount of money involved in these leagues and I don't think "we deserve it 'cos we're the two biggest teams in Scotland" would go down very well in the boardrooms of teams like Sheffield United and Coventry as Celtic and Rangers effectively leap frog them.

I know little to nothing about Delia as he manages a team that is completely irrelevant to me but he sounds like a right fucking whopper.

That's what I mean. If I was involved in Rangers during that point of time where their future was up in the air, why not start at the bottom of the English league system? It might take them a little longer, but wouldn't the extra cash be worth it? Also, they'd then be able to point and laugh at the Scottish League with the rest of us.

That's what I mean. If I was involved in Rangers during that point of time where their future was up in the air, why not start at the bottom of the English league system? It might take them a little longer, but wouldn't the extra cash be worth it? Also, they'd then be able to point and laugh at the Scottish League with the rest of us.

Aye, it's what they should have done if they were serious about joining the English league system but it's clear they (and Celtic) just want a cheap way in by saying they're in the SPL so should be allowed to jump to the Championship. I'm not surprised this is starting up again now it looks like Rangers will get back into the SPL.

Would FIFA/UEFA even allow it?

Allow what? Rangers/Celtic joining the English pyramid? If it's from the bottom, I can't see why not. Why would FIFA care?

Teams crossing national borders isn't a normal thing. I know the Welsh clubs are okay because they had joined the English football system prior to the establishment of the Welsh FA but I believe there may be rules against the likes of Celtic and Rangers doing it.

Edit: Actually I don't think the above about the Welsh teams is accurate.

Edit 2: It was because there was no Welsh league at the time.

Edited by ewerk

Cos what about the rest of the clubs in Scotland?

What about them?

You concerned about what the diminished attendances would do to their coffers?

I know little to nothing about Delia as he manages a team that is completely irrelevant but he sounds like a right fucking whopper.

fyp

What about them?

You concerned about what the diminished attendances would do to their coffers?

I'm not personally but how is it remotely reasonable for two clubs from one city to be handpicked to enter the English league, while all of the other clubs in that country are told to just crack on with their current lot.

And what would stop the rest of them from making the same application - they would have to be accepted, or else on what grounds can they be turned down? You can't tell them they aren't as big a name so they can't come. Stadium safety is the only thing you could legitimately refuse them on. Otherwise you have to let them all in if they want to be in.

I'm not personally but how is it remotely reasonable for two clubs from one city to be handpicked to enter the English league, while all of the other clubs in that country are told to just crack on with their current lot.

And what would stop the rest of them from making the same application - they would have to be accepted, or else on what grounds can they be turned down? You can't tell them they aren't as big a name so they can't come. Stadium safety is the only thing you could legitimately refuse them on. Otherwise you have to let them all in if they want to be in.

I was only talking about Rangers petitioning for entry when they had to start from scratch. I don't agree that Celtic and Rangers should be admitted, but if they were to try, Ranger's had the best possible opportunity.

Why the fuck did nobody in that studio say to him "No Robbie, you had a good game every now and again that made you look like you might be more than a bang average journeyman Premiership midfielder. You were better on Strictly than you ever were at football. You cunt."

• Guest locked this topic