Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

23 man shortlist for the balon d'or has been released

Shortlist: Sergio Agüero (Argentina/Manchester City), Gareth Bale (Wales/Real Madrid), Karim Benzema (France/Real Madrid), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid), Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/Manchester City), Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/Paris Saint-Germain), Andrés Iniesta (Spain/Barcelona), Toni Kroos (Germany/Real Madrid), Robert Lewandowski (Poland/Bayern Munich), Javier Mascherano (Argentina/Barcelona), Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Thomas Müller (Germany/Bayern Munich), Manuel Neuer (Germany/Bayern Munich), Neymar(Brazil/Barcelona), Paul Pogba (France/Juventus), Ivan Rakitic (Croatia/Barcelona), Arjen Robben (Netherlands/Bayern Munich), James Rodríguez (Colombia/Real Madrid), Alexis Sánchez (Chile/Arsenal), Luis Suárez (Uruguay/Barcelona), Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast/Manchester City), Arturo Vidal (Chile/Bayern Munich).

Who's going to finish 3rd?

My old man coming down to Brighton to 'take me' to the Bournemouth game, he booked the train ticket months ago. He's in the States so has asked me to sort the tickets.

I've rung box office every day since release until today, at last, I was allowed to buy just one ticket. The second season ticket has 7 less loyalty points and so they won't sell us a ticket on that one. I have to ring in the morning in the hope there is one left. At no point in the previous days phone calls was this explained like. :lol:

Imagine if we were actually any good ffs.

Rang again and they have not dropped the loyalty points today, only a few tickets left.

Anyone have 110 loyalty point and do me a favour?

Tim Sherwood

"The first goal in any match is so important, and Chelsea didn’t have to work too hard for that,” he told Sky Sports.

“I’ll take the positives today – we took the game to them, we dominated them in the first period and we created a few chances of our own. But we gave ourselves an uphill task after the first goal.

“It’s only a matter of time until Chelsea come good, and today we didn’t get the rub of the green. We have to move on and learn from mistakes, because they are costing us at the moment.

“Goalscoring has not been our problem, but not winning matches is of course a concern. We will continue to work hard in training to put things right.

“I can’t worry about speculation concerning me – this is business as usual. I am on Aston Villa’s side, no-one else’s.”

“We gifted goals away today – they were fluky, but when you’re down the bottom that’s what you get,” he said. “Chelsea always score at the Bridge so we knew we had to score to get something out of today.

“We dominated in the opening period, and they had no chances until they scored, which was a gift from us.

“Unfortunately, we haven’t got that cutting edge which you need to win matches. We are not blaming individuals – we are in this together. We have to bounce back and dust ourselves down. The result is disappointing but we’ll crack on.

“Stats can mislead people at times – we played on the front foot here at the Bridge, we matched them initially. We believe we’ll stay in this division, though it’s clear for everyone to see that we’re a side in transition.

“I am positive, I will not shrink. I didn’t hear my supporters shouting for me to leave. I’ll keep swinging, even if I’m backed into a corner.”

Discuss :cuppa:

Tim Sherwood

"The first goal in any match is so important, and Chelsea didnt have to work too hard for that, he told Sky Sports.

Ill take the positives today we took the game to them, we dominated them in the first period and we created a few chances of our own. But we gave ourselves an uphill task after the first goal.

Its only a matter of time until Chelsea come good, and today we didnt get the rub of the green. We have to move on and learn from mistakes, because they are costing us at the moment.

Goalscoring has not been our problem, but not winning matches is of course a concern. We will continue to work hard in training to put things right.

I cant worry about speculation concerning me this is business as usual. I am on Aston Villas side, no-one elses.

We gifted goals away today they were fluky, but when youre down the bottom thats what you get, he said. Chelsea always score at the Bridge so we knew we had to score to get something out of today.

We dominated in the opening period, and they had no chances until they scored, which was a gift from us.

Unfortunately, we havent got that cutting edge which you need to win matches. We are not blaming individuals we are in this together. We have to bounce back and dust ourselves down. The result is disappointing but well crack on.

Stats can mislead people at times we played on the front foot here at the Bridge, we matched them initially. We believe well stay in this division, though its clear for everyone to see that were a side in transition.

I am positive, I will not shrink. I didnt hear my supporters shouting for me to leave. Ill keep swinging, even if Im backed into a corner.

Cliche filled nonsense

Imagine having to share a train table with him and Pardew...

No surprise he's a favourite of the media; always eager to get in front of a microphone and give a quote. Collymore has had his column in the Villa program cancelled because he's critical in the press of the owner. He's taken to twitter to throw his dummy out, but I can understand why the press officer might not want Stan giving his opinion in the official merchandise.

What cracked me up about his moan (other than reading it in Barry of Auf Weidersehn Pet's accent) is his assertion he treats all clubs the same, that Villa are a massive club (they won the European cup y'know?) with a massive following.

Tim Sherwood

"The first goal in any match is so important, and Chelsea didnt have to work too hard for that, he told Sky Sports.

Ill take the positives today we took the game to them, we dominated them in the first period and we created a few chances of our own. But we gave ourselves an uphill task after the first goal.

Its only a matter of time until Chelsea come good, and today we didnt get the rub of the green. We have to move on and learn from mistakes, because they are costing us at the moment.

Goalscoring has not been our problem, but not winning matches is of course a concern. We will continue to work hard in training to put things right.

I cant worry about speculation concerning me this is business as usual. I am on Aston Villas side, no-one elses.

We gifted goals away today they were fluky, but when youre down the bottom thats what you get, he said. Chelsea always score at the Bridge so we knew we had to score to get something out of today.

We dominated in the opening period, and they had no chances until they scored, which was a gift from us.

Unfortunately, we havent got that cutting edge which you need to win matches. We are not blaming individuals we are in this together. We have to bounce back and dust ourselves down. The result is disappointing but well crack on.

Stats can mislead people at times we played on the front foot here at the Bridge, we matched them initially. We believe well stay in this division, though its clear for everyone to see that were a side in transition.

I am positive, I will not shrink. I didnt hear my supporters shouting for me to leave. Ill keep swinging, even if Im backed into a corner.

Bloke's a cunt.

Roy Keane clearly reads my posts.He questioned why Noyer hadn't positioned himself 6 yards from goal for the Arsenal freekick which lead to a goal.Noyer decided to stand 3/4 yards from goal before the freekick was humped into the box,just like Krul does.Now unlike Krul,he came from his standing position to claim the ball but failed to get there because he,like Krul, allowed his defenders to retreat towards/inside the 18 yard box before the kick was taken.If only Noyer had read my latest post on how to defend such freekicks.Maybe next time he will ask his defenders to hold the line whilst standing on the 6 yard line.

Roy Keane clearly reads my posts.He questioned why Noyer hadn't positioned himself 6 yards from goal for the Arsenal freekick which lead to a goal.Noyer decided to stand 3/4 yards from goal before the freekick was humped into the box,just like Krul does.Now unlike Krul,he came from his standing position to claim the ball but failed to get there because he,like Krul, allowed his defenders to retreat towards/inside the 18 yard box before the kick was taken.If only Noyer had read my latest post on how to defend such freekicks.Maybe next time he will ask his defenders to hold the line whilst standing on the 6 yard line.

The bigger question is: what's the Governor of the Bank of France doing on a football pitch?

Trained with the team here under KK's second spell as manager. KK wanted him. Also, doesn't the timing of his signing for Spurs back that up?

Yup, us and spurs were in a bidding war towards the end of the 07/08 season which Spurs won.

Allardyce had left in January, Keegan was our manager at the time.

We signed Geremi in summer 07 and he was then made captain by Allardyce...odd move to make on a player you didn't want.

It's almost like he's revising history in order to appear better in his own book ;)

Can't remember even the slightest bit of speculation linking us with Modric when Allardyce was here either in the summer when he became manager or in the following January

• Guest locked this topic