Dr Who (Classic era)

TobamorisRevenge

Can hardly recall this far back, but this was a gripping season!

seeds of doom and pyramids of mars, stick in the mind.....

scene changes are a tad fast, but certainly makes it look dramatic!!

thought id get us in the mood for sat )

I'm of the generation where kids genuinely hid behind the sofas when Dr Who was on. Funnily enough those two episode series are the most prominent on my mind, along with one about androids. Had genuine nightmares about the pyramid one for years and was also terrified of the mummies at the Hancock as a result.

Can't say I'm a fan now though. I find the plots incomprehensible and am fucking sick of daleks and cyber men.

I've never been a fan of Doctor Who but the bairn stumbled across an episode this week and now we have a series link for all of the old episodes and in anticipation of the new series starting on Saturday. Along with his Star Wars obsession, I have proof - were it ever needed, that I'm raising a geek.

I've never been a fan of Doctor Who but the bairn stumbled across an episode this week and now we have a series link for all of the old episodes and in anticipation of the new series starting on Saturday. Along with his Star Wars obsession, I have proof - were it ever needed, that I'm raising a geek.

my boy is a big star wars fan already, i have to confess to fanning the flames of his enthusiasm, being a massive star wars dork myself.

for his star wars-themed birthday party, i made light sabres for all his mates out of swimming noodles, with black and silver tape for the handle details. Then i came out dressed out as darth vadar - i figured it would be a case of a few duels with the about 20 odd 4-5 year olds, but they swarmed around me and proceeded to beat the living daylights out of me until i was forced to retreat.

my boy is a big star wars fan already, i have to confess to fanning the flames of his enthusiasm, being a massive star wars dork myself.

for his star wars-themed birthday party, i made light sabres for all his mates out of swimming noodles, with black and silver tape for the handle details. Then i came out dressed out as darth vadar - i figured it would be a case of a few duels with the about 20 odd 4-5 year olds, but they swarmed around me and proceeded to beat the living daylights out of me until i was forced to retreat.

:lol: The force is piss weak with this one.

I was a fan as a kid first remembering early-ish Jon Pertwee through Tom Baker but not much after. I used to collect the novelizations and the thing is looking back my imagination made them a lot better than the reality. I still catch a few on the Horror channel and they are very ropey to say the least.

I can take or leave the new ones - I really liked Eccleston and Piper but not so much the rest.

one unruly kid kept going for my head. now admittedly we're talking foam tubes here, but he was relentles, i felt like "accidentally" stepping on him.

and he blew out the candles on my boy's lego star wars birthday cake. the little shit

Dr Who? People who have watched it regularly down the years are generally Geriatric Individuals Making Piss Sounds. The BBC were so trampy in the 80s the robots were made of Cardboard and used to shake like the walls in Prisoner Cell Block H.

one unruly kid kept going for my head. now admittedly we're talking foam tubes here, but he was relentles, i felt like "accidentally" stepping on him.

and he blew out the candles on my boy's lego star wars birthday cake. the little shit

:lol:

OPKs.

I hope before you put the cake in Little Shite's party bag you Dirty Sanchezed it.

alot of folk here seem to have become very jaded in thier olde age...

dr who was best when it was psuedo gothic horror, which was at its zenith int he 70s.

the sets got rather ropey from 1980 onwards....with the occasional exception.

the new series can be rather corny in parts, even though the effects are pretty cinematic at times.