• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, the setup at the club may be partially to blame but:

a. McClaren knew exactly what he was walking into when he took the job

b. That is no excuse for the performance or the result last night. You can say that there are gaping holes in the squad but McClaren had more than enough out there last night to beat Sheffield Wednesday's reserves

c. Ollie Holt is a knob

Ah yes, ta, 4th Division.

It's wholly true that the club is completely rancid and the 'culture' obviously not conducive to creating spirit and fight on the pitch.

A clean sweep of the coaching staff has thus far failed to impact this in any way. Why do all other clubs manage some sort of new manager bounce?

Michael Wallace Ashley, it's time to get up in the attic and take the sheet off your mirror.

I would usually say a manager deserves time to get a side to gel after spending £50m on new players.

We have looked even more inept than usual though so I can understand totally why people have seen enough already.

Sadly, I think McClaren is as good as it's going to get. It's not like we'd be in for a klopp or ancelloti if he is sacked.

Right now Chancel is the only player I have any confidence in. Thauvin looks short on pace and won't get past many on the wing, might as well play him behind the striker where he will have more options.

Exactly what we need, another No.10.

I didn't say they were excelling but we have too many who are capable/want to play there.

but aren't currently. i don't know if moving thauvin inside is the answer but we have to change something because nothing is working right now.

The Entertainers were brilliant they played with heart passion & pride nobody ever left a game thinking they'd been mugged out of the entrance money like they must do nowadays.

Reminds me of that bit on Spender where he's at the Benwell training ground for some reason. Think Ossie Ardilles featured just before he was replaced as manager. Stevie will no doubt remember it ;)

“I got on the phone to Colin. He said, ‘Come back here if you want, we’re playing Scunthorpe in a couple of weeks. Who have you got? Liverpool. Don’t be an arsehole, son.’

:lol:

What a class side that was, despite the utter shite that has been served up during Ashley's entire reign we can at least look back and think of the great Keegan and Robson sides we got to watch. I feel sorry for the younger lads like Haydonator that have had basically nowt but the Ashley years to grow up watching, utterly shameful tbh the stuff we have seen on the pitch for the last three seasons barely counts as football.

Didn't take long for him to start blaming the fans....

McClaren said: "The first four games, we ended with spirit, but the criticism since the West ham game has kind of affected us and the longer the game goes on - we may start well, but the longer the game goes on, there's a distinct nervousness and confidence draining out."