"Judge me after 10 games"

trooper

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're in a worse position than last season yet there's still no alarm bells going off....

P-10-13pts - 12th position 2014/15

P-10- 6pts - 19th position 2015/16

There should be cause for concern as we have less than half the points than we had at this stage last year. I understand people saying we're playing better football than when we were under Pardew/Carver but we're not doing it for a full game. Our next 4 games are

Stoke City (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Leicester (h)

Crystal Palace (a)

I've only got us down for a couple of draws against Stoke & Bournemouth out of these games especially if we only turn up for 45 minutes. As I said in a previous thread "the writings on the wall some will understand before others do" McClaren wanted to be "judged after 10 games" we'll he's had them. 10 games 6 Pts 19th position not very clever is it Steve ?

I think the alarm bells aren't going off because of the fixtures that we've had. We played 6 of last season's top 8 in our opening 8 fixtures and the only real 'fuck me' results so far have been Watford & Sheffield Wednesday in the cup, and maybe the mackem result as well. And I think everyone was worrying last year because our start was much easier then:

Manchester City (h)

Aston Villa (a)

Crystal Palace (h)

Southampton (a)

Hull City (h)

Stoke City (a)

Swansea City (a)

Leicester City (h)

If we had those opening fixtures this season we would have more points imo. And keep in mind we've been down to 10 men in 3 of our opening 10 games (Swansea, Arsenal & mackems). And, as you've already said, we've played some of the best football I've seen Newcastle play in my lifetime (which isn't very long mind. I've been watching hoof the ball almost my entire life). I think he'll be 'judged' by the fans at the end of November. Maybe even after Saturday. But I don't think we'll be in a similar situation to last season this year.

we've played some of the best football I've seen Newcastle play in my lifetime (which isn't very long mind. I've been watching hoof the ball almost my entire life).

That is without a doubt the more depressing thing I've ever read on here.

Here, have this on me

PNSFW

Untitled-3.gif

We're in a worse position than last season yet there's still no alarm bells going off....

P-10-13pts - 12th position 2014/15

P-10- 6pts - 19th position 2015/16

There should be cause for concern as we have less than half the points than we had at this stage last year. I understand people saying we're playing better football than when we were under Pardew/Carver but we're not doing it for a full game. Our next 4 games are

Stoke City (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Leicester (h)

Crystal Palace (a)

I've only got us down for a couple of draws against Stoke & Bournemouth out of these games especially if we only turn up for 45 minutes. As I said in a previous thread "the writings on the wall some will understand before others do" McClaren wanted to be "judged after 10 games" we'll he's had them. 10 games 6 Pts 19th position not very clever is it Steve ?

CSLgsbJWIAAWZaN.png

One point less than we had from the same games last year.

CSLgsbJWIAAWZaN.png

I'm assuming we didn't play those games in a run though? Having such a run of games in a row surely must make a difference?

Obviously we have to be concerned, there's a reasonable chance we could still be in the bottom three come the begining of November but there has been positives which I don't think there was for 90% of last season. Panic stations will be certainly be reached if Troopers points preditiction of the next four games proves close to being accurate.

As it stands just to break even with last season by December 31st

P-19 - Pts 26 - 10 position

We have to take 20 points from our next 9 games ...

Stoke (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Leicester (h)

Palace (a)

Liverpool (h)

Spurs (a)

Villa (h)

Everton (h)

West Brom (a)

CSLgsbJWIAAWZaN.png

You've not included Watford and Norwich because they're newly promoted, but couldn't you substitute them for the clubs which were newly promoted in that season? Or for the team who were relegated?

You've not included Watford and Norwich because they're newly promoted, but couldn't you substitute them for the clubs which were newly promoted in that season? Or for the team who were relegated?

We've not played the teams that were relegated this season though so how would that work?

We've not played the teams that were relegated this season though so how would that work?

Well, it's not exactly a hard & fast rule, but surely you're just substituting the 18-20 placed teams for the three teams who took their place. Three teams who traditionally struggle in their first year in the top flight?

It's a bit arbitrary.

Better to total the games against all 3 and work out an avearge and see if we're beating that average. I had done this already :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x7yPykS6UGq8NKXr3QUdW3SBUOGukKsR4I0ivY1dTHY/edit?usp=sharing

1.5 points per game last season and this against relegated/promoted teams.

Totals, averages, relegated teams, blah blah fucking blah.

The fact of the matter is we simply haven't been good enough and if it doesn't change within the next month we are heading to the championship in catastrophic fashion.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Well, it's not exactly a hard & fast rule, but surely you're just substituting the 18-20 placed teams for the three teams who took their place. Three teams who traditionally struggle in their first year in the top flight?

The whole thing is bollocks anyway really. Many teams fluctuate quite a bit from one season to another (like we did either side of finishing fifth for example) so how we did against them in the past is irrelevant. Add to that, the difficulty of the run a teams on, form, injuries etc and it makes comparission (at least on a basic way such as this) pointless.

The whole thing is bollocks anyway really. Many teams fluctuate quite a bit from one season to another (like we did either side of finishing fifth for example) so how we did against them in the past is irrelevant. Add to that, the difficulty of the run a teams on, form, injuries etc and it makes comparission (at least on a basic way such as this) pointless.

But this is a forum we compare & speculate that's what it's for.